DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

Darius Leonard admitted to questioning his playing future after missing three weeks with a concussion.

Leonard suffered a crippling headache for two-plus weeks after being concussed Week 2 against the Titans, citing a collision with Derrick Henry as the likely event that left him with the brain injury.

Yep. Henry will scramble your eggs alright.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Darius Leonard admitted to questioning his playing future after missing three weeks with a concussion.

Leonard suffered a crippling headache for two-plus weeks after being concussed Week 2 against the Titans, citing a collision with Derrick Henry as the likely event that left him with the brain injury.

Yep. Henry will scramble your eggs alright.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Rb1? Lol

I mean you gotta give baby rhino a pass right, I still view him as an RB1 . I mean outside of Dalvin Cook , every single RB has had a bad game so far. Don't quote me on this , but I'm fairly certain this is the case.

Just now, RunCMC said:

I mean you gotta give baby rhino a pass right, I still view him as an RB1 . I mean outside of Dalvin Cook , every single RB has had a bad game so far. Don't quote me on this , but I'm fairly certain this is the case.

Not a 2pt game! He's had a handful of 1yd tds. He sucks without those

• Like 3

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

Not a 2pt game! He's had a handful of 1yd tds. He sucks without those

Well if you take away TD's from every player things will start looking dicey... so I won't go there. But he had 3.3 pts in my standard league , which in reality is basically the same thing as player getting 5 pts , both are bad outcomes. For argument sake , CMC has had a 5.3 game , Kamara 2x 6 point games , obviously Henry is not on the same level as these two but you get my meaning. Oh and earlier I said only Cook hasn't had a bad game, I was mistaken ... Zeek so far has been bullet proof also. 

• Haha 1

Those players have also had huge games. Henry hasn't. Again, he is a modest point producer at MOST.  If he's your RB1, you better have a REALLY great pass game. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Damien Williams? 😁

I've always believed a RB needs to be able to create his own yards. Henry is stuck in a small space with a high center of gravity. Thats a bad combination.

He needs space to operate. If Henry wants success in Tennessee they'll need to stretch the defense meaning theyll have to have a good passing game, and not run up the middle.

10 hours ago, bomont said:

Those players have also had huge games. Henry hasn't. Again, he is a modest point producer at MOST.  If he's your RB1, you better have a REALLY great pass game. 

159 yards and 2 TDs week 1, he also went in round 3/4 rather than a top 5 pick like those other two.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

If Henry wants success in Tennessee they'll need to stretch the defense meaning theyll have to have a good passing game, and not run up the middle.

I'm not so sure about that.  Seems to me he dominated the 2nd half of last season and I dont remember Tennessee having a good passing game then.  This week was his 1st clunker this year.   Every player has them.  He will be just fine.  

Just traded for this cat. Did an old 2 for 1. All aboard this Henry train. Let's Gooooo!

• Like 1

Henry is basically a better version of Blount, hard to hear for some people but it’s the truth.

I don’t think he is someone you can build a backfield around.

• Like 1

What's Henry's value? He's a solid RB2 right with RB1 upside?

5 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Henry is basically a better version of Blount, hard to hear for some people but it’s the truth.

I respectfully disagree.

What he needs is a QB. They have a good OLine but the lack of respect for any QB on the Titans roster allows the defense to key in on the running game every game. He still has good weeks and that is impressive given the total and complete lack of any passing threat. 

This guy looks like Jim Brown in comparison to where he was thru 6 games last year. 

72 carries 240 rush yards 3.3 ypc and   0 total tds

113 carries 416 rush yards 3.7 ypc and 6 total tds. 

YPC is meh but volume and TDs are king as we all know or should. 

I dont own the guy and admittedly I had way too much fun clowning on him last year for over 3 months but damn I sure wished I owned him this year. Especially considering where he went. Guys that went with the “zero RB strategy” and got Henry are prob looking/feeling great. 

Edited by Asian Sensation

26 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

What's Henry's value? He's a solid RB2 right with RB1 upside?

Exactly.  There are about 15 RB's I would trade him for in a 1 for 1 deal.  There are a few others that I'd think about which entrenches him as a mid tier RB2.  As Cleats said above it's the lack of respect that any team has for the passing game that keeps him from being even better.  back end RB1 upside is there, but he doesn't get thrown to a lot which would keep him from ever been a top of the line RB1.  I have him held firm in my RB2 spot and feel great about it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Jerome Bettis was basically a better version of Blount.

That's a really minimalist description and doesn't tell you much.

What matters is "how much better?"

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 8:28 PM, jkendrick2 said:

Tannehill is starting Sunday. This should only help Henry.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WingfieldNFL/status/1027369502579687424?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1027369502579687424&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231027369502579687424

I wanna see something like this from Tannehill

• Like 1

I gotta good feeling about the big man this week.  Henry's going to feast!  Get your popcorn ready

On 3/15/2019 at 3:12 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

TENNYHILLZ IS THE NEW BOSS - VIVA HENRY!

... almost 7 months to the day, but - WE DID IT!!!1!!1!  BUH-BYEZ MARIFLOATA!!!!!

ok, then. 

holla, Cleats 🎯

On 10/14/2019 at 6:57 PM, RunCMC said:

Zeke hasn’t, hadnt really exploded yet but he’s been rock solid

Just now, dakimbell said:

Zeke hasn’t, hadnt really exploded yet but he’s been rock solid

Chubb hasn't had a bad game yet, and has exploded.