DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

simply the most misused stud in memory ... we see fringe cats get under utilized, and it's baffling ... but when a cat as flat out beastly as DH is not leaned on every week, it's mind blowing.  yeah. MIND. BLOWN.  BLOOOOOOWN. 

was catching some of that second half yesterday- caught this kid ripping off chunk after chunk ... was becoming quite evident no one on the uddah side really wanted any part of getting punished. 

we always read/post/pontificate about beating a highly potent offense by chewing clock, punishing their defense, and keeping the fireworks on the bench, while clock and spirit are both savagely milked. 

easier said than done, in most cases.  yeah, we saw Mack and Brissket pull it off earlier vs these same Chiefs - a blueprint had been established, but it was really nothing so innovative - it's the preferred method - just not always applicable, as i mentioned already. 

Mack is a shifty bastid, and gutted that one out on a wonky ankle - kudos to the kid.  

but he's not on Henry's level as a punisher.  this is a fudgin' sledgehammer ... was like old time hockey - Eddie Shore!!

great win for those Titans - great for Tanny and DH and Vrabel.   this is the kinda gig that propels a squad forward con mucho gusto!

the bye is most welcome, i'm sure ... but it slices into the momentum they're cresting atm 🤷‍♂️

tl;dr - HENRY BEAST! FEED DA BEAST, WIN TACKLE FOOSBALL GAMES! WIN, WIN - FEED HIM.    

HI, CLEATZ 🙋‍♂️

Lots of winning in this post ^^^

Titans haven't even offered Henry an extension yet.

Andy Reid has been pummeled twice by Henry, once in the playoffs. What if he went and signed Henry? Lol or the Steelers, Tomlin would ride Henry the way he deserves.

Wake up coaches! Henry is a baby rhino, he has the most rushing yards in the NFL since week 14 last season. The season gets longer and Henry starts to get better. Just like in the games, the longer the game goes the more tired that Defense gets of trying to tackle him. Henry last TD drive he was gashing a gassed out KC defense. He walked into the endzone the KC defense was sucking wind so bad.

Give this man 25+ carries per game he gets stronger as the game goes on, it's so blatantly obvious that games like last week @ CAR are mind numbing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So glad I was able to land this beast via trade. Former owner is pretty salty to say the least. Dude runs with a purpose! RB2 ROS according to Rotoworld LOL.

6 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lots of winning in this post ^^^

Titans haven't even offered Henry an extension yet.

Andy Reid has been pummeled twice by Henry, once in the playoffs. What if he went and signed Henry? Lol or the Steelers, Tomlin would ride Henry the way he deserves.

Wake up coaches! Henry is a baby rhino, he has the most rushing yards in the NFL since week 14 last season. The season gets longer and Henry starts to get better. Just like in the games, the longer the game goes the more tired that Defense gets of trying to tackle him. Henry last TD drive he was gashing a gassed out KC defense. He walked into the endzone the KC defense was sucking wind so bad.

Give this man 25+ carries per game he gets stronger as the game goes on, it's so blatantly obvious that games like last week @ CAR are mind numbing.

Henry would be done one year in with the Steelers lmao! Tomlin would run him like 497 times lol

• Haha 2

This is just the beginning.  Henry feasts in the 2nd half of the season

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

half🧑 x half🦏+ being fully unleashed= me🤰

Lady Rhino?

• Haha 2

On 11/4/2019 at 8:01 PM, FFCollusion said:

Refresh my memory... who scored more points yesterday, Henry or Bell?

I agree, he just plods.  I'm not taking away his TDs, Matt Asiata was solid in my lineup for weeks too.  That's the game we play.

I'm just not naive enough to pretend Matt Asiata is special.

I don't care about Henry, my only point was how ignorant it is to call Bell a turd and call Henry a 'top 10 stud' when they're separated by .8 fantasy points per game.

I apologize, that was a bit disingenuous on my part. 

It's more than a little disrespectful to call Henry top 10 when it is blatantly obvious he is a top 5 fantasy RB.

• Like 4

Henry scored on a 68-yard run with 5:58 left in the third quarter as the Titans took a 20-19 lead.

Seven of Henry's 33 career touchdowns have covered at least 50 yards.

Henry recorded his third game with at least 170 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns. Only four players have had more such games in their first four seasons -- Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, Earl Campbell and Jamal Lewis -- and all three of Henry's have come in his past 14 games.

7 of Henrys 33 TDs have gone for over 50 yds. If you are counting at home every 5th TD Henry scores is basically worth a minimum of 11 fantasy points, minimum.

🕵️👀👁️😍

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

🙊

Nice hindsight pick. Let me dig through all of your wrong projections from January.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:50 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

https://tenor.com/view/casey-vince-mc-mahon-funny-gif-13192297

After taking home 2018 fantasy football playoffs MVP it is time to open the discussions for his 2019 Season Outlook.

Henry ended the 2017 season in a similar fashion as he did 2018, not fantasy playoff MVP but finished the season good. Off-season saw the coaches get fired, new staff brought in and Dion Lewis added to the roster. Henry struggled early in the season as the team struggled with Oline injuries and inconsistent QB play. The 2nd half of the season showed a renewed commitment to using Henry and getting the OLine healthy as well, still with inconsistent QB play and Henry was the best RB in fantasy football (PPR or Standard scoring) weeks 13-17. So now here we are heading into 2019.

Henry looks like he will have the same coaches in place and this will be a contract year for Henry, so if you believe players in a contract year try harder than normal you might be able to inflate Henrys #s a little more than even what I predict. With the season ending and Henry being the clear cut workhorse I would like to think that mindset carries over into next season. Henry is a career 4+ypc RB every season. For 2019 with QB play still to be a concern I will set his ypc at 4.6, seems reasonable based on Henrys history. I would hope for him to average 16 carries a game which would get him to 1,251 rushing yards. I would love to see Henry get 3 passing game looks per game to keep the defense honest so I'd guesstimate 51 pass attempts just guessing about 41 receptions for an 8 yard average would be 328 yards. He had 12 rushing TDs this year with like 0 in the first 10 games.

With coaching staff continuity and hopefully still a top 10 OLine Henry can get to 1,600 totals yards and since he will be the GL back and is a honerun hitter I'll set his total TDs at 15.

That's a late 1st round RB in most fantasy drafts and of course his ceiling is as high as the elite named RBs.

Checking in through week 10 Henry is on Pace for:

300 carries for 1,335 rushing yards and 13 TDs.

23 receptions for 300 yards and 3 TDs.

That would be a total of 1,600 all purpose yards and 16 TDs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

Should we start Henry this week?

Just flip a coin , heads you start him , tails he sits. What say you ? 

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Checking in through week 10 Henry is on Pace for:

300 carries for 1,335 rushing yards and 13 TDs.

23 receptions for 300 yards and 3 TDs.

That would be a total of 1,600 all purpose yards and 16 TDs.

to be honest with the way he surges late in the season, I could see him hitting 1500+ rushing yards

On 11/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, crazyfingers711 said:

Where's @bomont and @Fenamo at?   He's the RB5 right now 

Can easily think of 12+ guys I'd want ahead of him in 2020 and I own him in my most competitive league. Love the guy but he's not a first rounder. 

CMC, MT, Cook, A. Jones, Evans, Cooper, Chubb, Zeke, Tyreek, Adams, Kamara, Cooper, Hopkins, etc.

17 minutes ago, Fenamo said:

Can easily think of 12+ guys I'd want ahead of him in 2020 and I own him in my most competitive league. Love the guy but he's not a first rounder. 

CMC, MT, Cook, A. Jones, Evans, Cooper, Chubb, Zeke, Tyreek, Adams, Kamara, Cooper, Hopkins, etc.

Not even Cleats is taking him first round . There are very select few players who fall in the 1st round category . Henry is a surefire 2nd round pick no question about it, especially in Std scoring leagues. And I'm not sure about your list there , definitely don't agree on Cooper, Evans , Tyreek ... maybe just maybe even MT & Chubb as better picks before Sir Henry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Not even Cleats is taking him first round . There are very select few players who fall in the 1st round category . Henry is a surefire 2nd round pick no question about it, especially in Std scoring leagues. And I'm not sure about your list there , definitely don't agree on Cooper, Evans , Tyreek ... maybe just maybe even MT & Chubb as better picks before Sir Henry. 

I'm gambling on him #1 overall. #BabyRhino

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Yeah, there are a solid 4, maybe 5 from that list that I wouldn't pick over Henry at this point. If he finishes strong, Henry will be at least a back end round 1 pick next year.

• Like 1

Man.  What a difference a year (and a coaching staff) makes. 

On November 13th, 2018, Henry had started 9 games.  He had scored 4 TDs (0 in 6 of them) and his high yardage total was 58.  He had 1 game with more than 5 receiving yards. 

You could find him on the waiver wire in most leagues and I believe virtually everyone in his thread (aside from DHC of course) and every expert in the industry was calling him a bust on the verge of washing out of the league entirely.

Now we're debating his first round status in 2020.  Crazy.  Good to remember these types of things, the worm turns quick.

• Like 1