DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

I watched the Titans chiefs game again on NFL Network.....I swear every time he makes contact, it sounds like tree limbs are breaking/cracking. 

8 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Not even Cleats is taking him first round . There are very select few players who fall in the 1st round category . Henry is a surefire 2nd round pick no question about it, especially in Std scoring leagues. And I'm not sure about your list there , definitely don't agree on Cooper, Evans , Tyreek ... maybe just maybe even MT & Chubb as better picks before Sir Henry. 

Respectfully disagree with previous poster.

Henry is having a better fantasy season than Chubb or Elliot so far and has been the best RB in the NFL since week 14 of last season.

I'd take Henry over Mike Evans

You can easily justify taking Henry in the 1st round. There are busts every year. You'd rather gamble on the next bust like DJ or JuJu instead of Henry?

If that be the case then I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry is having a better fantasy season than Chubb or Elliot so far and has been the best RB in the NFL since week 14 of last season.

I'd take Henry over Mike Evans

Henry is having a better season than CMC since week 14 of last season? That's impressive. 

36 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Henry is having a better season than CMC since week 14 of last season? That's impressive. 

That's what was quoted on TV. I'll search and see if I can find more elaborative info for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

Henry has rushed for more yards than CMC since week 13 of last season, yes.

CMC - 1,224 yards

Henry - 1,417 yards

Ive been saying this for a year now. ANY OC or HC that he has had SHOULD NEVER get another opportunity in the NFL. They had the opportunity to have this guy beast 25 times a game and would give him the rock four times. I wish those coaches got blackballed from the league. And don't get me started on Gase. It's such a good ol boy network.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GoalineD said:

Ive been saying this for a year now. ANY OC or HC that he has had SHOULD NEVER get another opportunity in the NFL. They had the opportunity to have this guy beast 25 times a game and would give him the rock four times. I wish those coaches got blackballed from the league. And don't get me started on Gase. It's such a good ol boy network.

... meanwhile, LaFluer is 7-2 atop his division 🤔 think Packer fans are cool with that. 

i don't disagree about the misuse of DH, but ... it be whut it be. 

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... meanwhile, LaFluer is 7-2 atop his division 🤔 think Packer fans are cool with that. 

Fair point to a degree, but you could put anyone with Aaron Rodgers and basically be guaranteed a playoff spot (especially in the NFC North).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers is 7-2 atop his division 🤔 think Packer fans are cool with that. 

FIFY.

Seriously though he makes a valid point. Lafleur was a first time OC in the NFL last year, 0 experience and it took him 12 weeks to figure out he should feature Henry over Dion Lewis.

Terry Robiskie and Mike mukarkey are positional coaches now and totally irrelevant, as is Mike Munchack, OL coach for Denver.

Henry has had awful, just awful coaches. Even now he is playing under a 1st time OC in the NFL.

Lafleur has done well this season as a first time HC but if Arod wasn't his QB, they wouldn't be 7-2.

* Also don't want to derail the best thread on the Internet. I'm taking a self imposed 30 minute break to gather myself.

2 minutes ago, GoalineD said:

Fair point to a degree, but you could put anyone with Aaron Rodgers and basically be guaranteed a playoff spot (especially in the NFC North).

ARod is having one of his worst (if not the worst) staristical years of his career ... his WRs have been pure dogchit, even Adams was underwhelming prior to his injury. 

conversely, Lafleur has used his running attack to great success ... ask Aaron Jones/Jamaal Williams owners how their guys are working out. 

sure, having ARod sets things up for everyone else, but give Lafleur more credit ... he went in and changed a decade+ long offensive philosophy, one which all too often culminated in heartbreak and misery and failure. 

i don't wanna hijack any more than this, so i'll just say that he's done a remarkable job in Green Bay, and if ya think he's just riding ARod's coattails, well, i think you're very mistaken. 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ARod is having one of his worst (if not the worst) staristical years of his career ... his WRs have been pure dogchit, even Adams was underwhelming prior to his injury. 

conversely, Lafleur has used his running attack to great success ... ask Aaron Jones/Jamaal Williams owners how their guys are working out. 

sure, having ARod sets things up for everyone else, but give Lafleur more credit ... he went in and changed a decade+ long offensive philosophy, one which all too often culminated in heartbreak and misery and failure. 

i don't wanna hijack any more than this, so i'll just say that he's done a remarkable job in Green Bay, and if ya think he's just riding ARod's coattails, well, i think you're very mistaken. 

I just don't even understand how an OC on an abysmal offense that goes 9-7 gets a job at Green Bay. I guess to stay on topic with DH its amazing that he is finally being used as a workhorse in his fourth year. That game he had last year at the end was nasty with the four touchdowns.

49 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the more you know ....

So if you add up the Brownies 2-deep RBs they combined have as many 60+yd TDs as Henry alone has the last 3 seasons?

th.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry has rushed for more yards than CMC since week 13 of last season, yes.

CMC - 1,224 yards

Henry - 1,417 yards

I dont think just rushing stats qualifies for a "better season" it completely leaves off recieving yards, catches and TDs.  Not to mention CMC has played in 2 less games in that span because he had his bye this year and the coaches sat CMC last year in the last game of the season becuase they had no chance to make playoffs. 

In that same span henry has 16 catches for 188 and 17tds.

CMC has over 70 catches for over 600 yards and 17 total tds

It's really close. Closer than I woulda ever guessed but CMC also has 2 less games. Henry is about as studly as any RB in the league in my eyes tho.

12 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I dont think just rushing stats qualifies for a "better season" it completely leaves off recieving yards, catches and TDs.  Not to mention CMC has played in 2 less games in that span because he had his bye this year and the coaches sat CMC last year in the last game of the season becuase they had no chance to make playoffs. 

In that same span henry has 16 catches for 188 and 17tds.

CMC has over 70 catches for over 600 yards and 17 total tds

It's really close. Closer than I woulda ever guessed but CMC also has 2 less games. Henry is about as studly as any RB in the league in my eyes tho.

I didn't mean to insinuate Henry was as well rounded as CMC. Obviously CMCs receiving prowess is unbelievable.

I was really only speaking to rushing yards. Should have chosen my words more carefully. Henry is leading the NFL in rushing yards since week 13 of last season.

CMC has been unbelievable all around in that stretch and likely MVP this year

• Like 1

Week 12.

Past his bye.

Still RB4 overall.

Jags Run D comin' to town.

Throw more coal in the engine and let's roll baby!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord_Varys said:

Week 12.

Past his bye.

Still RB4 overall.

Yep he should feast this week. Jags couldn't stop Mack or Jonathan Williams last week (!).. Henry will get over 100 rushing yards for sure and is as good a bet as any RB to score this Sunday.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Week 12.

Past his bye.

Still RB4 overall.

Chuga Chuga Choo Choo ! Big D Henry about to lay the wood

Edit: Just imagine there was no Dion Lewis on this team, and Henry was an every down back. Wow would that be insane .  He would be GOD like , as of where right now he's just a Demi-God . Give this man the respect he deserves . 

Edited by RunCMC
Added content
  • Thanks 1

Henry gets better as the season gets later.

He had 188 rushing yards last time out and in this game last season Henry went over 200.

This is the time of year to give Henry 30 carries a game.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry gets better as the season gets later.

He had 188 rushing yards last time out and in this game last season Henry went over 200.

This is the time of year to give Henry 30 carries a game.

Yeah, he's like the Marisa Tomei of the gridiron.

On 11/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, Stonej14 said:

Well he did have that 238 yard, 4 TD game at the end of last year. That definitely bumps his stats

Edited by bhawks489