joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

If he plays, I'm starting him. However, with just a walkthrough practice under his belt, I still think he's a game time call and we're not out of the woods yet.

He’s listed as questionable, so if he plays I’m not sure if he will get his usual workload. Tough call for us Mixon owners

Did he even practice? Reports mentioned he participated in walkthrough.  I wonder if he actually went through a physical practice.

25 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

He’s listed as questionable, so if he plays I’m not sure if he will get his usual workload. Tough call for us Mixon owners

I don't expect his usual production but it's between him and other RBs in the 30ish range at this point in most leagues, unless you're super stacked at RB. So between him or Chris Thompson, Kenyan Drake, AP, Murray, etc.

Depending on bench size, I don't know if I want to drop a player to pick up Gio for one week but I can see that being a possible play too. I just feel like it is a lateral move if you go for Gio if Mixon does play.

10 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I don't expect his usual production but it's between him and other RBs in the 30ish range at this point in most leagues, unless you're super stacked at RB. So between him or Chris Thompson, Kenyan Drake, AP, Murray, etc.

Depending on bench size, I don't know if I want to drop a player to pick up Gio for one week but I can see that being a possible play too. I just feel like it is a lateral move if you go for Gio if Mixon does play.

What about between Mixon and Breida?

14 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

What about between Mixon and Breida?

That's a personal call. I would say Breida should list higher than the other backs on that list given a number of factors such as work opportunity, quality of offense, balance between catch and running ability and expected balanced game flow.

• Like 1

Mixon could put up a near-bagel if he's active. Unless pregame reports say Mixon looks close to normal, I'm thinking now I'm going to roll out LeSean McCoy over Mixon if he's active, and play a WR, probably Kupp, in my flex spot. (Things broke my way last night and I took a 9-10 point projection lead over my opponent, so I really want to avoid a five carries, 11 yards situation, which could happen if a hobbled Mixon only plays limited snaps.) Now, if Mixon is inactive, I'll probably roll out Gio over McCoy because of the earlier start time (full workload and no risk of a late RB scratch that way), and use Kupp in the flex spot (I figure he has a higher floor since he's a starter).

Edited by 99-percent-sure
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Mixon could put up a near-bagel if he's active. Unless pregame reports say Mixon looks close to normal, I'm thinking now I'm going to roll out LeSean McCoy over Mixon if he's active, and play a WR, probably Kupp, in my flex spot. (Things broke my way last night and I took a 9-10 point projection lead over my opponent, so I really want to avoid a five carries, 11 yards situation, which could happen if a hobbled Mixon only plays limited snaps.) Now, if Mixon is inactive, I'll probably roll out Gio over McCoy because of the earlier start time (full workload and no risk of a late RB scratch that way), and use Kupp in the flex spot (I figure he has a higher floor since he's a starter).

I'm in a similar situation with a team that I went RB heavy on, right now planning to use Jeffery instead of Mixon in the flex spot for half PPR.  Jeffery could have one of those 3 catch/40 yard games but I'd rather take my chances on his game being a shootout than worry about how many touches Mixon will get.  If Mixon blows up on my bench then at least I know he's good to go for the following weeks.

• Like 1

Did he practice today? Can't find any updates through the usual sources. 

32 minutes ago, Gootz said:

Did he practice today? Can't find any updates through the usual sources. 

pretty sure they don't practice on sats its either travel or a walk through and they already did a walk through on friday which he was apart of 

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't risk it unless you have absolutely atrocious options to replace him with.  Funny enough, only have to look at their opponent this week to be reminded of how easy ankle injuries are re-aggravated.  Breida was fighting through it all last year it felt like, knocked out of some games early.  Hopefully owners don't have to risk it but I hope he pays off for those that must roll him out

26 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Can this guy really be trusted if given the green light ?

I'm not rolling him out if given the green for the fear of reaggravation thus reducing his game action. I know injuries can occur at any time but I will be more comfortable starting "healthy" players before starting an injured player. 

I personally hope they do reduce his touches if he is given the green light so he will get healthier faster for the ROS.

54 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I'm not rolling him out if given the green for the fear of reaggravation thus reducing his game action. I know injuries can occur at any time but I will be more comfortable starting "healthy" players before starting an injured player. 

I personally hope they do reduce his touches if he is given the green light so he will get healthier faster for the ROS.

On Friday, I was more than optimistic that he was going to play. But after just rumors and conjectures, I agree he is too risky to play this week. Benching for McCoy in the RB2 slot and benching for Boyd in the flex spot.

22 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

On Friday, I was more than optimistic that he was going to play. But after just rumors and conjectures, I agree he is too risky to play this week. Benching for McCoy in the RB2 slot and benching for Boyd in the flex spot.

Adam Schefter tweeted that Mixon plans to play but wants to test his ankle out in the pre-game just to make sure.

I think Mixon is dealing with a low ankle sprain so hopefully he will get better sooner than later. 

Benching him for Michel and DK. 

I hope he gets healthy. Last thing we want is a dud in the first half and then the ankle stiffinging up at the half. Pass. 

6 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

Can this guy really be trusted if given the green light ?

Some fantasy owners don’t have anything remotely close to a Joe Mixon. So if he ain’t ruled out he is in the starting lineup. 

34 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Benching him for Michel and DK. 

I hope he gets healthy. Last thing we want is a dud in the first half and then the ankle stiffinging up at the half. Pass. 

Isn’t Sony always in your starting lineup? I am losing it who is DK? 

45 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Some fantasy owners don’t have anything remotely close to a Joe Mixon. So if he ain’t ruled out he is in the starting lineup. 

Isn’t Sony always in your starting lineup? I am losing it who is DK? 

Probably means dk Metcalf 

C'mon guys, he's obviously playing against himself in fantasy this week and wants his opponent to sit him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

Y’all think he is ready to play ?!

Looks like a dude walking down a hallway...There is nothing noticeable or anything we can go off of here. I’ll wait for the pregame warmups and following beat writer tweets/video before making a final decision. If I find anything, I’ll be sure to post it here for all.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Unoslacker said:

Looks like a dude walking down a hallway...There is nothing noticeable or anything we can go off of here. I’ll wait for the pregame warmups and following beat writer tweets/video before making a final decision. If I find anything, I’ll be sure to post it here for all.

That was my take also. I didn’t see anything that looked like he was favoring or walking gingerly. If anything it looked like he had some pep in his step like he was ready to get out there and beast

• Like 2