joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

Seriously thinking about dropping this dude. And I'm tired of all the talk of a.j. green"s return suddenly helping this dumpster s--- fire of a team. 

1 minute ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Surely the bust of the year right ? Has to be dropped in standard leagues. 

Hands down. There are better options on my waiver wire right now. ✌️ Joe.....that last shot I took just finalized it. 

3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Surely the bust of the year right ? Has to be dropped in standard leagues. 

Definitely the bust of the year.

Definitely in the running for BUST of the year. Warning signs were there tho

On 8/8/2019 at 1:15 PM, KennyWoo said:

I've always been a huge believer in Mixon's talent but game flow looks brutal (win O/U in Vegas is 6 with juice on the under) and this franchise is a dumpster fire.  No player gets hurt more by poor game flow than the primary ball carrier.  There's a very real chance last season (1168 yards, 43 catches, 9 total TDs) is the best fantasy season you're ever going to get out of Joe Mixon, which is a shame.  If this guy were on a good team he'd be a top 3 pick.  At current price (late 1st), DND.

Prescient, although I couldn't avoid taking the "value" when he "fell" to me.  Sometimes you get stuck with players like this and it's tough to pass just in case you're wrong.  Here I was wrong for doubting I was right.  Such a sadness.

• Like 1

Wow. The situation is somehow getting worse. And sadly even though there are likely RBs on waivers I think you still have to hold him. Just buried on your bench obviously. 

Bought him for so cheap. Had to start him at flex due to bye weeks and man this situation is getting worst. How do people have jobs on that bengals team. I mean it’s the most putrid offense I’ve seen in a long time.

Bengals offensive playbook:

1) Dalton takes sack

2) Run up gut with Mixon for a loss

3) Dalton throws a pick up the middle looking for Boyd

4) Some random penalty on offensive line

It’s really hard watching this offense. I don’t even feel this way watching Dolphins or Redskins play...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, collucho said:

115 yards per game allowed to running backs?

Cincy O-line and coaching staff, “Hold my beer.”

FTFY

12 hours ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

Seriously thinking about dropping this dude. 

Thinking about? What's to think about? I can't wait to drop him. Let someone else pick up that "value" and maybe actually start him thinking he'll finally break out and be the guy everyone expected in August. Probably best thing I could do for my team as it would screw another team over. 

After watching the game, it isn't mixon, but it is Taylor. As a coach he should use what he has to their strengths and his scheme is the wannabe rams. Luckily the league I own him in is a keeper, so I cam have faith they grab Thomas next year and have Jonah coming back.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

After watching the game, it isn't mixon, but it is Taylor. As a coach he should use what he has to their strengths and his scheme is the wannabe rams. Luckily the league I own him in is a keeper, so I cam have faith they grab Thomas next year and have Jonah coming back.

This. Taylor has no clue what they want to do on offense. I never see any plays trying to get Mixon in space. There is no reason Erickson/Boyd should combine for 30 Opportunities (28 Targets-2 rushes) and Mixon gets 10 up the gut carries and 1 catch. 

• Like 2

Mixon has talent, yet their o-line is atrocious.  What's a HC/OC to do?  Umm, maybe throw him the ball about 10 times a game.  Some of these coaches/coordinators could eff up toast.  

• Like 1

He had a receiving TD and still ended up with only 7.4 in PPR leagues. That should never happen....

Just now, joebaker23 said:

He had a receiving TD and still ended up with only 7.4 in PPR leagues. That should never happen....

4 yards from scrimmage.....4