joebaker23

Joe Mixon 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

The coaching has been embarrassingly bad. If your Olinemen have failed a hundred plus times, odds are good they're gonna fail again. The only way this offense is gonna do anything is if they have Mixon in to initially pick up a blitz, then roll out and catch a dumpoff. It finally will give him room to operate. He should get 5-10 of these a game. 

 

Agreed.  Very much like DJ in Arizona.  They should even work him in the slot, on occasion.  I don't know, I would think that someone that does this for a living, would be able to get Mixon the ball in space.  But, I digress.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

 

Agreed.  Very much like DJ in Arizona.  They should even work him in the slot, on occasion.  I don't know, I would think that someone that does this for a living, would be able to get Mixon the ball in space.  But, I digress.

This is what I don't understand. That's what made Mixon great in college. This guy is a disciple of McVay and the usage was supposed to be getting Mixon out in space like Gurley, but instead they treating him like some two down JAG. I'd kill for a mid season scapegoat firing for just some sort of spark to wake these losers up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

 

I know it may be a stretch .....week 16 @ Mia.........maybe the first good game script!

 

this guy was a great asset last year with a bad offensive line.

 

I am not giving up yet.....lets see Green come back ...open up some space.....than lets see what we are working with.

 

Weeks 10-14 are all startable games:

@Oak

Pit

NYJ

@Cle

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evincar said:

 

Weeks 10-14 are all startable games:

@Oak

Pit

NYJ

@Cle

 

@Cle is the only one in that group that I would feel a tiny bit comfortable rolling him out there, and even that is dicey.  PIT and NYJ have extremely solid defenses.  Oak may be atrocious against the pass, but they're pretty good against the run - 11th in run defense DVOA, only Minnesota really ran well against them.  Cleveland has a pass rush, otherwise their defense hasn't been good, but maybe with their 2 corners back the defense looks better by the time this game rolls around.  Much can change, and alternate options are gonna be different for everyone, but none of these feel like bankable games for Mixon to me.  I'd love to be wrong though.  Perhaps something will finally click for this Cincy team and they'll start to resemble an NFL-caliber offense.

Edited by Bryce84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Evincar said:

Weeks 10-14 are all startable games:

@Oak

Pit

NYJ

@Cle

On paper yes. And who knows, maybe this team looks much different after the bye with Glenn and AJ in the lineup, but this offense has looked so bad thus far I think Miami and Washington might be the only teams where you'd actually expect a decent game from him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 10:59 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

The coaching has been embarrassingly bad. If your Olinemen have failed a hundred plus times, odds are good they're gonna fail again. The only way this offense is gonna do anything is if they have Mixon in to initially pick up a blitz, then roll out and catch a dumpoff. It finally will give him room to operate. He should get 5-10 of these a game. 

Why do that with Mixon though? Gio is a much better back in pass protection and he’s a much better catcher out of the backfield. 
 

honestly they need to consider starting Gio and having Mixon spell him and come in as a short yardage back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bryce84 said:

 

@Cle is the only one in that group that I would feel a tiny bit comfortable rolling him out there, and even that is dicey.  PIT and NYJ have extremely solid defenses.  Oak may be atrocious against the pass, but they're pretty good against the run - 11th in run defense DVOA, only Minnesota really ran well against them.  Cleveland has a pass rush, otherwise their defense hasn't been good, but maybe with their 2 corners back the defense looks better by the time this game rolls around.  Much can change, and alternate options are gonna be different for everyone, but none of these feel like bankable games for Mixon to me.  I'd love to be wrong though.  Perhaps something will finally click for this Cincy team and they'll start to resemble an NFL-caliber offense.

PIT defense is solid but the Jets are 23rd in scoring defense and dead last in rush TDs allowed. That is not an "extremely solid" defense. OAK, NYJ and CLE are all in the bottom 3rd of the league in points allowed and that at least is a welcome change of pace from the first 9 games of the schedule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the perfect week for him to inexplicably go off while he's on all of our benches.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mixon has been such a massive disappointment this year. Not to mention that Bengals O-line is a heap of garbage.

I don't know what I'm going to do with him. I can't start him (unless I'm desperate), I can't drop him, and nobody in my league will take him off my hands right now.

Ugh...so frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Frayed Ends of Fantasy said:

Mixon has been such a massive disappointment this year. Not to mention that Bengals O-line is a heap of garbage.

I don't know what I'm going to do with him. I can't start him (unless I'm desperate), I can't drop him, and nobody in my league will take him off my hands right now.

Ugh...so frustrating.

The window to trade him was a couple weeks ago after those back to back “decent” games. That was probably the peak of his value outside of week 1. 
 

I had a trade offer after the draft in one of my leagues for Dalvin Cook and Robert Woods for my Mixon and David Montgomery. The dude really needed more RBs. As Cook was his RB1 and Sony Michel was his RB2, and Ekeler was his RB3.  
 

I turned it down. He’s 7-0 Now btw. 

Edited by Klientel
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Klientel said:

The window to trade him was a couple weeks ago after those back to back “decent” games. That was probably the peak of his value outside of week 1. 
 

I had a trade offer after the draft in one of my leagues for Dalvin Cook and Robert Woods for my Mixon and David Montgomery. The dude really needed more RBs. As Cook was his RB1 and Sony Michel was his RB2, and Ekeler was his RB3.  
 

I turned it down. He’s 7-0 Now btw. 

That hurts real bad. Hindsight always seems so obvious in 20/20. I’ve got a couple shares of Mixon because although I wasn’t targeting him at all, the “value” was too good to pass on. Lesson learned. Now he’s just dead weight on my bench. Once the AJG thing is sorted, it will determine what I do with him. He may just be a flat out drop if AJG gets traded. This is all in 10 team leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Klientel said:

Why do that with Mixon though? Gio is a much better back in pass protection and he’s a much better catcher out of the backfield. 


honestly they need to consider starting Gio and having Mixon spell him and come in as a short yardage back. 

I think the thought process there in terms of using Mixon is that different look might actually finally open up a little running room so you could sprinkle some runs in with Mixon as well. Gio may be a better pass protector but Mixon is far more dynamic with the ball in his hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:59 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

The coaching has been embarrassingly bad. If your Olinemen have failed a hundred plus times, odds are good they're gonna fail again. The only way this offense is gonna do anything is if they have Mixon in to initially pick up a blitz, then roll out and catch a dumpoff. It finally will give him room to operate. He should get 5-10 of these a game. 

You are hired! This fockin clown they hired is clueless. He's actually worse than Marvin Lewis. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The defenses have figured out that when Mixon is in there, he's not getting the ball thrown to him and when Gio is in there, he is. Stupid clueless dolt of a HC. One of the past defenses said they knew what the play was. They intercepted it.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FavreCo said:

The defenses have figured out that when Mixon is in there, he's not getting the ball thrown to him and when Gio is in there, he is. Stupid clueless dolt of a HC. One of the past defenses said they knew what the play was. They intercepted it.


they forgot Mixon has two hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

PIT defense is solid but the Jets are 23rd in scoring defense and dead last in rush TDs allowed. That is not an "extremely solid" defense. OAK, NYJ and CLE are all in the bottom 3rd of the league in points allowed and that at least is a welcome change of pace from the first 9 games of the schedule

 

Jets D is not as bad as that stat.  Most of that damage was done in their games without Darnold where the offense couldn't stay on the field at all.  If you watched their games, i think you'd see a fairly solid defense.  I put a decent amount of weight into DVOA ratings because in my opinion, it tells a better story of how different units are playing, and the Jets D is ranked solidly in both pass (17th best) and rush (6th best).  You can read strictly into points allowed if you like, but I think in the cases of OAK (roasted via the pass) and NYJ D's (no offense in most of their games to keep the D off the field) its not so black and white.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derrick Henry sucked the 1st half of last year about as bad as Mixon has sucked this year.  Maybe Mixon can replicate Henry's 2nd half

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don’t know what to do with this guy, I’ve been trying to get rid of him since I drafted him and nobody wants him. I’m about to drop for an upside backup(Gallman Pollard Samuels etc). If I drop him I will regret it if he bounces back(unlikely). But I will regret it even more if I miss out on Mark Walton’s breakout when the phins finally ditch Drake. Either way, I know I will make the wrong choice. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strong hold for the playoff weeks unless you wanna trade him for a bag of Lays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very encouraging to see him do well against a solid D. Nice schedule the rest of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 10:03 PM, Suns13 said:

I just don’t know what to do with this guy, I’ve been trying to get rid of him since I drafted him and nobody wants him. I’m about to drop for an upside backup(Gallman Pollard Samuels etc). If I drop him I will regret it if he bounces back(unlikely). But I will regret it even more if I miss out on Mark Walton’s breakout when the phins finally ditch Drake. Either way, I know I will make the wrong choice. 

He's in a worse position than Mixon. Breakout? 🤣 You are better off just riding this out and hoping for the best.

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 10:03 PM, Suns13 said:

I just don’t know what to do with this guy, I’ve been trying to get rid of him since I drafted him and nobody wants him. I’m about to drop for an upside backup(Gallman Pollard Samuels etc). If I drop him I will regret it if he bounces back(unlikely). But I will regret it even more if I miss out on Mark Walton’s breakout when the phins finally ditch Drake. Either way, I know I will make the wrong choice. 

 

Try not to be to optimistic in your ability to manage your fantasy team...lol. just kidding. I'm holding tight for now because he has no value but nothing worth adding for him from the waiver wire. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

He's in a worse position than Mixon. Breakout? 🤣 You are better off just riding this out and hoping for the best.

Exactly, Mixon led the AFC in rushing last year.  He's still got the same talent and if the Bengals get a little healthier their offense should improve dramatically.  The Packer's offense has started off slowly as well -- they both switched to new & similar offenses.  The difference was the Packers defense was able to keep them winning until the offense, with their great offensive line, could get things figured out. Mixon's been riding the bench for me, but I would wait it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...