Homerj24

Trevor Story 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

....He has 2 of the 3 Rockies HRs this year.

3 of 5......

Removed after HBP
April 7, 2019
Story was taken out of Sunday's game against the Dodgers after being struck by a pitch on his right calf, Buster Olney of ESPN reports. He went 1-for-3 with an RBI and a run scored prior to exiting.
ANALYSIS
Story appeared to be in some discomfort immediately after getting beaned, although his departure may have been precautionary with the game well in hand. He'll be considered day-to-day until an update on the star shortstop is provided by the Rockies.
Read More News

Funny how my Colorado hitters always get hurt during homestands...I’m sure he will be better for the next roadtrip

Damn what is it is Colorado hitters...I would expect Dalh, but Story as well...Damn

• Confused 1

Just now, urban2014 said:

Damn what is it is Colorado hitters...I would expect Dalh, but Story as well...Damn

He got hit by a pitch and was running the bases after... he's fine. R-E-L-A-X

Although this wasn't his fault.  Dodgers couldn't leave town without beaning anyone?

3 hours ago, kwelch said:
Removed after HBP
April 7, 2019
Story was taken out of Sunday's game against the Dodgers after being struck by a pitch on his right calf, Buster Olney of ESPN reports. He went 1-for-3 with an RBI and a run scored prior to exiting.
ANALYSIS
Story appeared to be in some discomfort immediately after getting beaned, although his departure may have been precautionary with the game well in hand. He'll be considered day-to-day until an update on the star shortstop is provided by the Rockies.

Since when is being hit in the calf a "beaning."  Hello.  "Beaning" refer to heads, not legs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Casual 2/4 with a BB, no Ks, and 3 steals tonight. Hope he keeps running and the HRs will come in Colorado. 

Edited by Deke
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Deke said:

Casual 2/4 with a BB, no Ks, and 3 steals tonight. Hope he keeps running and the HRs will come in Colorado. 

Not even worried on the HRs...he has 4 in 17 games.  That's like a ~36 HR pace assuming he rests a handful of games.  Really, all of his stats (hr, sb, runs, rbi), except for AVG, are on about pace to hit - or exceed - his numbers last year.  

Schedule and positive regression in the rockies' lineup as a whole should only benefit Story from here on out.  

• Like 2

Out of the game after collision with Tapia (friendly fire) in the OF.

Walked off under own power - impossible to tell what the injury is at present.

18 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Out of the game after collision with Tapia (friendly fire) in the OF.

Walked off under own power - impossible to tell what the injury is at present.

I read some updates on twitter and someone said it seemed like he wanted to stay in the game so that may be a good sign. The Rockies were wise not to take any chances though. 

Did you see the collision? 

If so was it bad?

He looked alright, did some running.  Off-day tomorrow, I expect him in there Friday

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

I read some updates on twitter and someone said it seemed like he wanted to stay in the game so that may be a good sign. The Rockies were wise not to take any chances though. 

Did you see the collision? 

If so was it bad?

It didn't look that bad. I don’t have any shares of him but I was watching the game. I think he’ll be okay. Collision honestly looked weak, but they went knee to knee. Bad bruise maybe? 

• Like 1

It's right here on Rotoworld:

Trevor Story told reporters that he has a bruised knee and is hoping to be able to play on Friday against the Phillies.

Story left Wednesday's extra-innings loss against the Red Sox after colliding awkwardly with Raimel Tapia. The Rockies don't play on Thursday, so he'll get an extra day of rest before Colorado makes the decision to play him or not. There's a lot of baseball left, so don't be surprised if the Rockies give him another day of rest if he's not 100 percent. It's definitely a situation to monitor.

Source: Patrick Saunders on Twitter                      May 15, 2019, 11:31 PM ET

The Brendan Rodgers call up is a little suspect...

15 minutes ago, Deke said:

Not really....Rox need a 2nd baseman 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Deke said:

kinda what i was thinking

On 5/15/2019 at 11:01 PM, Ryansm11 said:

It didn't look that bad. I don’t have any shares of him but I was watching the game. I think he’ll be okay. Collision honestly looked weak, but they went knee to knee. Bad bruise maybe? 

This is Major League Baseball we're talkin about Minor collisions result in a trip to the IL shoot getting pumpkin seeds stuck in your teeth results in an IL trip most times 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2