Homerj24

Trevor Story 2019 Outlook

I'll let nobody ever post about him and he can just mash for me. lol. He in the top 5 now for roto ranks? He's somehow been driving in even more runs since he moved to the 2-hole than he was when he was 4th. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

I'll let nobody ever post about him and he can just mash for me. lol. He in the top 5 now for roto ranks? He's somehow been driving in even more runs since he moved to the 2-hole than he was when he was 4th. 

Nolan was driving them all in before.  Move to 2 hole was smart.  

Posted (edited)

On pace for a .294/43hr/150run/121rbi/29sb season 🌶. Maybe next year the fantasy community will get this right and draft him as the top 5 player that he is.

Edited by meh2
  • Like 2

Monster Trevor Story week incoming. Facing Darvish tonight followed by 6 straight left-handed starting pitchers. All @ Coors. Hope you’re not facing him in weekly leagues this week.

• Like 2

Any updates here?

Rockies' Trevor Story: Exits with trainer
12 hrs ago | by RotoWire Staff

Story had to exit Friday's game against the Padres after taking a grounder off his head, Thomas Harding of MLB.com reports.

Story took a bad hop off his wrist and forehead, and the Rockies' team trainer walked him off the field shortly after. He'll be considered day-to-day until further notice.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:26 PM, meh2 said:

Monster Trevor Story week incoming. Facing Darvish tonight followed by 6 straight left-handed starting pitchers. All @ Coors. Hope you’re not facing him in weekly leagues this week.

Thanks for jinxing him 

• Like 1

Black said after the game that Story did not have a concussion. He was officially listed with a “forehead contusion.”

“I think he’s going to be OK,” Black said. “He got hit pretty hard. That was a pretty hard hit grounder and it took a bad hop. It swelled up immediately. Keith and I both felt it was the right thing to do.”
  • Like 1

So my two cents after seeing it a few times. A. Its a finger or thumb on his right hand. Not his left follow through hand. Which is more managable. B. It looks like he jammed the thumb/finger into the tag (glove) more than he did the very hard base itself, which could be good news. He's definitely gonns get an MRI. He pulled back in pain immediately but then jogged off the field not really wincing in too much pain. But if its a torn tendon im sure it would be a 4-8 week thing which would be a massive blow to teams. I'm praying. 

Xrays negative on right thumb, per the broadcast. Follow up MRI tomorrow.

• Like 2

No torn tendon please 🙏🏻

Posted (edited)

Trevor Story will undergo an MRI on his injured right thumb on Thursday.

Advice: Story left Wednesday night's game against the Diamondbacks in the top of the sixth inning after jamming his right thumb on a headfirst slide into second base. X-rays turned up negative, but there is some concern that he again suffered ligament damage, like he did back in 2016. The dynamic 26-year-old shortstop currently leads all major leaguers with 65 runs scored and is one of only two players with at least 15 home runs and 10 stolen bases. There should be an update on his status sometime Thursday afternoon or evening.

Image result for denzel vodka gif

Edited by bradwatson

A lot of fantasy seasons will be hanging in the balance over the next several hours.

giphy.gif

On 5/31/2019 at 11:52 PM, Travdaddy10 said:

Most underrated all-star in baseball?

I tend to think all Rockies players are OVERRATED because of the Home/Road splits but I could see where youre coming from if I squint. :P

8 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

I tend to think all Rockies players are OVERRATED because of the Home/Road splits but I could see where youre coming from if I squint. :P

Bud, humor is good and stuff,  but all us Story owners are waiting for the MRI results 

Some good news would go a long way for my team right now. Honestly him missing 2 weeks would make some smile, fearing the worse. 

Wow, kick in the nutters...those is sounding not cool