• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Sign in to follow this  
Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

45 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You have been drinking in absolutes quite a bit...

*fixed

🍸

I hate to say this, but did Brown start acting differently after Burfict put that huge hit on him in the playoffs a few years back?  I can't recall Brown being as much of a disruption in previous years.  Perhaps a Steelers fan who has followed his career more closely can weigh in.  

If Brown has to choose between playing  for the Steelers or retiring and pursuing his new career as a television star, option two is safer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I hate to say this, but did Brown start acting differently after Burfict put that huge hit on him in the playoffs a few years back?  I can't recall Brown being as much of a disruption in previous years.  Perhaps a Steelers fan who has followed his career more closely can weigh in.  

If Brown has to choose between playing  for the Steelers or retiring and pursuing his new career as a television star, option two is safer.

Interesting

On 1/18/2019 at 9:01 PM, psygolf said:

So welcome your new fan base, that is paying a premium to be the 1st season ticket holders in a new stadium, with a complete pos team of no-names??   ...ok.

Helluva business model.

Seemed to work right down the street for the Golden Knights

Edited by phegotgame14

1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

Seemed to work right down the street for the Golden Knights

What’s that...a male strip club-?

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

What’s that...a male strip club-?

Well...it is a male club.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:50 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

I think it was the Visa commercial with Malcolm Butler.  Butler turned into a JAG, and Brown turned into a JAGOFF.

That aside, hypothetically if he goes to the Niners, what's his ADP?  I have a nonsensically stubborn belief in Jimmy Garoppolo and Kyle Shanahan, that they'll repeat the 2016 Falcons season very soon.  Does having that true #1 make it happen, and do we expect Julio Jones numbers and a top 10 ADP?

• Like 1

I will let someone else in my league take that gamble.

43 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I think it was the Visa commercial with Malcolm Butler.  Butler turned into a JAG, and Brown turned into a JAGOFF.

That aside, hypothetically if he goes to the Niners, what's his ADP?  I have a nonsensically stubborn belief in Jimmy Garoppolo and Kyle Shanahan, that they'll repeat the 2016 Falcons season very soon.  Does having that true #1 make it happen, and do we expect Julio Jones numbers and a top 10 ADP?

Shanahan loves to get his #1 wr the ball and plenty of targets. Garcon had 113 receptions under shanahan. Julio in 2 years had 332 targets in Atlanta under Shanahan. If a WR has a shot at 200 targets, it is something I would buy in.

1 hour ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I will only gamble on him as the SF wr1 if he is working out with jimmy g in the backyard of  his mansion in the offseason

Very disappointed how this has all panned out for brown, I thought he was an absolute lock to retire with the steelers easily and I am just dumbfounded by how he's been lately.

I sorta want to believe steelers aren't going to take the cap hit and will work something with AB, but I'm not sure. I just can't get over the idea of losing 2 of our best players in one swoop. Not that Juj and conner can't be the top dogs, but to much loss to quick is never good. 

Want him to go to the 49ers.

Get loaded with targets.

ADP is low bc of new team

I get him for cheap

:)

5 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Want him to go to the 49ers.

Get loaded with targets.

ADP is low bc of new team

I get him for cheap

:)

Curious...what do you see his adp being if he is a 9er?

48 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Curious...what do you see his adp being if he is a 9er?

I think he will fall behind Hill and OBJ in WR ranking and overall to around 20 I guess, but we will see when it happens.

9 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

He is still going in the top 10.

I highly doubt this. He currently isn't ranked in the top 10 on many sites. For me he is #5 WR as a Steeler (Nuk, MT, Adams, JJ - no order). And I rank at least 5 RB over him (Gurley, Barkley, CMC, Kamara, Gordon - no order). So he is 11+ as Steeler and I guess his ADP will drop quite a bit when he gets traded.

20 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

I think he will fall behind Hill and OBJ in WR ranking and overall to around 20 I guess, but we will see when it happens.

If he ends up in SF with a healthy Jimmy, you will not get him cheap.

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

If he ends up in SF with a healthy Jimmy, you will not get him cheap.

He'll be cheaper than if he stays in pitt I think. It would be hard to replicate what he's been doing there.

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

He'll be cheaper than if he stays in pitt I think. It would be hard to replicate what he's been doing there.

I don't see him falling that far, but possible. Shannahan feeds his talent. Julio, Garcon, and now this year Kittle. Kittle had 136 targets as a tight end. Julio 1 year had 212. Someone who studies is going to take the risk early, because the 3 T's don't lie. Talent, Targets, Touches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Cheaper by half a rd maybe.

All AB naysayers, 

Let the man enjoy his time. Dude has been the greatest WR of this generation, he's just enjoying his shine. I recognized the talent officially 9/22/13, the game that made him famous (YouTube the s---), he's been my keeper since. In my league people were banking on him before that game but after that game I was sold, traded for him, Demaryius Thomas (WR1, crazy expectations that point out) at the time for AB & Stafford (was shunned for this). Nobody puts in the offseason work like this man (Youtube that as well). The Madden Curse is lifted (a real thing, except to the GOAT Tom B). He will prevail, next season especially if with another team, (49ers hopefully) as most prevalent WR's do when moving to another team year one (see Brandon Marshall most recent 1st yr w/ Jets). Even if he stays in PIT this man will continue to ball and remain ADP WR 1-3 until at least age 35.

Edited by jkgeezy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jkgeezy said:

All AB naysayers, 

Let the man enjoy his time. Dude has been the greatest WR of this generation, he's just enjoying his shine. I recognized the talent officially 9/22/13, the game that made him famous (YouTube the s---), he's been my keeper since. In my league people were banking on him before that game but after that game I was sold, traded for him, Demaryius Thomas (WR1, crazy expectations that point out) at the time for AB & Stafford (was shunned for this). Nobody puts in the offseason work like this man (Youtube that as well). The Madden Curse is lifted (a real thing, except to the GOAT Tom B). He will prevail, next season especially if with another team, (49ers hopefully) as most prevalent WR's do when moving to another team year one (see Brandon Marshall most recent 1st yr w/ Jets). Even if he stays in PIT this man will continue to ball and remain ADP WR 1-3 until at least age 35.

You missed the chance to sell high...

On 1/27/2019 at 4:50 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Brown has always been like this. The Steelers organization has been very dysfunctional of late though. And they let a lot of stuff from in the locker room leak. They let star players (like Ben) criticize other plays on their team repeatedly and throw players under the bus. The Bell situation played a big part in his current line of thinking.

Antonio Brown's lawyer refutes that his client was involved in a domestic dispute last month.

Hollywood, Fla. police confirmed to TMZ that Brown was involved in a dispute, but that no charges were filed. "The allegations are baseless and false," Brown's lawyer said, though it's unclear what he means by "allegations." "It’s unfortunate that the media is trying to use distractions like this and prior stories in an effort to tarnish my client’s name and reputation. We have no further comment."

Feb 5, 2019, 12:16 PM

19 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Antonio Brown's lawyer refutes that his client was involved in a domestic dispute last month.

Hollywood, Fla. police confirmed to TMZ that Brown was involved in a dispute, but that no charges were filed. "The allegations are baseless and false," Brown's lawyer said, though it's unclear what he means by "allegations." "It’s unfortunate that the media is trying to use distractions like this and prior stories in an effort to tarnish my client’s name and reputation. We have no further comment."

Feb 5, 2019, 12:16 PM

In other words, Brown will be suspended by Roger out of the blue in about week 10, as soon as TMZ drops the video no one knows they will obtain.