Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

Just now, P@ckersFan said:

That's the not series of events. First he apologized, so they said he's playing. Then he inexplicably posted the video with the Gruden audio and they cracked down on him. Their punishments were all reactionary. 

Or did he post the video after getting the big fine?  🤔 

im not clear on the timing 

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

David Carr, the analyst and brother of Oakland's QB, just said on NFL Network that the Raiders are preparing today as if he is not playing. 

Edited by cousinal111
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bengalfan27 said:

How many people on here when he was on NFL network appreciated Mayocks insight. I always thought he was condescending  jackass. It was even more unbearable when he was an announcer.

Agree with condescending part, i never liked Mayock as an announcer or expert. The fact is that he is about to save the Raiders franchise from a huge mistake. 

So, the Raiders traded...

Khalil Mack

Amari Cooper

3rd round pick 2019

5th round pick 2019

2nd round pick 2020

5th round pick 2020

And received:

Josh Jacobs (1st round pick 2019)

Johnathan Abram (1st round pick 2019)

1st round pick 2020

3rd round pick 2020

Antonio Brown and an offseason of distractions.

Did Mayock win, here?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

100% disagree. Mayock has mishandled this every step of the way.

Curious why you think so. 

Guy has been awol all summer. 

AB screamed obscenities at him and went after him physically while being restrained by teammates. 

He just apologized but then asked the Raiders to release him on Instagram. 

Gruden was bending over backwards to kiss his a** in that video. 

He’s lost the support of the locker room.

All this and he hasn’t even played a game yet. 

How else could he handle it?

15 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

AB is still a major talent for the next few years. he is definitely going to get his money somewhere. Mayock will look like a hero for the raiders organization for saving them a lot of money. Gruden will come off the worse imo. 

'I can't imagine any raiders fans being excited that the team saved money and now get to see Tyrell Williams be the teams #1 WR. Gruden will be the only one to survive this

Dude has CTE plain and simple. He went from a pretty much humble hard working overachiever to going completely insane starting just 10 months ago. I can’t see anyone taking him at this point. I think it’s over. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Or did he post the video after getting the big fine?  🤔 

im not clear on the timing 

Hmmm I thought the big fine was the reaction to the video. That might have just been an assumption on my part. 

5 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Alright guys, which teams have the cap space for this year ? 

Based on Spotrac:

Colts - 49 million

Dolphins - 34 million

Browns - 32 million

Bills, Titans, Cowboys, Eagles - 20 million +

Bears, Lions, Seahawks - 15 million +

As for Brown finding a landing spot, sure some coach will have the ego that he can turn around Brown. However, it will come down to a matter of if the team will be willing to take him on now or in the offseason. Also, it will come down to Brown as well. If he really wants to play, he will find a landing spot.

From a fantasy perspective, this is all exciting and I am loving this right now, but Brown going to another team will hurt his value significantly in 2019. First, he has to learn a new offense and playbook. Then he has to build rapport with teammates and QB. And even then, teams like the Colts, Browns, Eagles, Pats already have minimal shares of targets up for grabs, so going to a playoff bound team may sound good but not ideal.

Of the teams with the most cap and a good QB situation with targets available, I would say the Seahawks would be the best fit in terms of fantasy value this year.

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I'd say two points: (1) his contract for 2019 would be fully guaranteed as a vested veteran. Any voiding would be of future guarantees. So he's essentially on a one year deal; and (2) was the fine for prior actions or for leaking the video? I'm asking as I'm not sure, but I kind of thought the fine was for additional actions after the two had "made up"

Point 1 changes my opinion if correct. I hadn’t heard that before and abs comment that they voided his guarantees and that he was week to week led me to believe none of his salary was guaranteed. 

Your point 2... per the espn article it’s for the altercation. That’s why it’s on Mayock/the Raiders. They’d already made up, he apologized, gruden says he’ll start, then they fine him? Poor form and terrible management of a terrible situation. 

3 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Hmmm I thought the big fine was the reaction to the video. That might have just been an assumption on my part. 

Yeah that would make me more critical of mayock.   You went through this whole apology with teammates and Gruden backing him.   Then yank his guarantees.    

IF that’s how it went down 

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Impreza178

6 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

How many people on here when he was on NFL network appreciated Mayocks insight. I always thought he was condescending  jackass. It was even more unbearable when he was an announcer.

I always thought he was very insightful as an analyst and an annnouncer.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Based on Spotrac:

Colts - 49 million

Dolphins - 34 million

Browns - 32 million

Bills, Titans, Cowboys, Eagles - 20 million +

Bears, Lions, Seahawks - 15 million +

As for Brown finding a landing spot, sure some coach will have the ego that he can turn around Brown. However, it will come down to a matter of if the team will be willing to take him on now or in the offseason. Also, it will come down to Brown as well. If he really wants to play, he will find a landing spot.

From a fantasy perspective, this is all exciting and I am loving this right now, but Brown going to another team will hurt his value significantly in 2019. First, he has to learn a new offense and playbook. Then he has to build rapport with teammates and QB. And even then, teams like the Colts, Browns, Eagles, Pats already have minimal shares of targets up for grabs, so going to a playoff bound team may sound good but not ideal.

Of the teams with the most cap and a good QB situation with targets available, I would say the Seahawks would be the best fit in terms of fantasy value this year.

Seahawks maybe but i doubt they can handle the drama. The only team capable of handling drama at this level is the Cowboys. 

IMO the raiders don’t release him.  They give him the Barry’s Sanders treatment. You want to get paid, show up and work.  Otherwise you can hold out and not get paid or retire.  We have you under contract for two years.  We tried to work with you and your off field issues and enough is enough.

• Like 4

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

I always thought he was very insightful as an analyst and an annnouncer.

I loved watching him during the draft, but hated when he was commentating a game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

The most big time buy low candidate of all time right here folks. Just offered Justin Jackson for him and never thought that deal would be entertained 😅

I would entertain it if I had ekeler.  Decent chance AB doesnt play at all this year.

I honestly think AB knew of the fine but didn’t realize it voided the money until later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I honestly think AB knew of the fine but didn’t realize it voided the money until later.

Everything I have read is that the video was in response to the fine and voiding.  

9 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Curious why you think so. 

Guy has been awol all summer. 

AB screamed obscenities at him and went after him physically while being restrained by teammates. 

He just apologized but then asked the Raiders to release him on Instagram. 

Gruden was bending over backwards to kiss his a** in that video. 

He’s lost the support of the locker room.

All this and he hasn’t even played a game yet. 

How else could he handle it?

You're forgetting who acquired him in the first place.

Mayock placed an emphasis on character during the draft, but signs AB?

He lets the captains stand side by side with AB during an apology, knowing that the situation is about to reach further escalation?

Mayock was completely right to ultimately do everything that he did. But with Antonio Brown, you need to use some tact, and that's something Mayock doesn't possess.

EDIT: Tough love doesn't work with a diva like AB, unless you're okay with the distraction that follows. If his ultimate goal was to push AB over the edge so that they could get out from the contract, then he worked this to perfection. If the goal was to get AB back into the fold and on the same page with the team, then tough love was the worst path to take.

Edited by Berko1se

5 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Seahawks maybe but i doubt they can handle the drama. The only team capable of handling drama at this level is the Cowboys. 

lol good point, Only problem with them is that they still have to pay Amari and Dak.

Just now, Berko1se said:

He lets the captains stand side by side with AB during an apology, knowing that the situation is about to reach further escalation?

Mayock was completely right to ultimately do everything that he did. But with Antonio Brown, you need to use some tact, and that's something Mayock doesn't possess.

why can' it be "with Mayock you better act like an adult and a professional, something AB clearly couldn't do"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

IMO the raiders don’t release him.  They give him the Barry’s Sanders treatment. You want to get paid, show up and work.  Otherwise you can hold out and not get paid or retire.  We have you under contract for two years.  We tried to work with you and your off field issues and enough is enough.

I think you’ve nailed it here.

He’s done massive damage to their season and may have cost Maylock his job if not a lot of rope with the organization. 

• Like 1

something tells me Gruden and Mayock are not on the same page. we will never know for sure because unlike Antonio neither will air their dirty laundry

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Berko1se said:

Gruden was behind the signings (AB, Burfict, Richie) while Mayock stressing character is clearly behind the draft.  Trouble in paradise.

• Like 1