Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

8 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Yes that would be the argument. Didn’t realize the guaranteed money was actually voided. Do we know that for certain? 

Regardless, those are just bad facts optically.  

Anyway, really interested to see what happens with Brown.  The guy has such a massive chip on his shoulder.  I really think he expects teams to give him carte Blanche to behave however he wishes.  

Someone will cave in. 

For certain.    That’s why he posted “they took my guarantees”— and why Oakland had to act decisively by week 1.   Otherwise his 2019 $15M would have been guaranteed 

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I think almost all NFL teams are willing to do these things for certain players.  Gordon, to his credit, recognizes that he needs help.   I’m not sure that Brown thinks he has a problem.

I would think if that pats signed him, they would require daily meeting with a professional psychiatrist/psychologist part of his contract.

• Like 1

I decided to put together a list of all the teams that would benefit from signing Brown:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

I decided to put together a list of all the teams that would benefit from signing Brown:

Only one I can think of is my fantasy team.

@devaster @Rainyy

“Brown told ESPN's Jeff Darlington in an email Saturday that there is "no way" he plays for the Raiders.

The Pro Bowl wide receiver said that was his stance after the team "took away my [contract] guarantees." He added: "no way I play after they took that and made my contract week to week."

The Raiders fined Brown $215,073.53 for conduct detrimental to the team, league sources told Schefter on Saturday.

By fining Brown, the Raiders voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in his deal.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27559625/raiders-release-brown-tumultuous-tenure%3fplatform=amp

• Thanks 2

For all the posters here dumping on Mayock for somehow being at fault in this.

Hypothetical:  You are the GM of a NFL team.  You just signed Brown by getting him to agree to a contract.  It is now Brown’s first week with your team.  On the second day he walks into the team meeting 1/2 hr late and then sits in the remainder of the meeting texting on his phone.

What are you going to do about it? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

SF seems most realistic

Seattle would be interesting

Arizona too

Jets would be epic. Brown vs Gase

Plus 2/3 of the killer b’s back together would probably generate some headlines. 

How could anyone be so ignorant thinking reporting your employers private conversations wouldn't be a problem? especially after the heat he took from the steelers for doing the exact same thing.

I'd put these teams as most likely: SEA, SF and NYG (prob far less likely than other 2)

1 minute ago, Bronco Billy said:

Hypothetical:  You are the GM of a NFL team.  You just signed Brown by getting him to agree to a contract.  It is now Brown’s first week with your team.  On the second day he walks into the team meeting 1/2 hr late and then sits in the remainder of the meeting texting on his phone.

Secretly record him admitting he was 1/2 hr late.  Then make a YouTube video asking if he wants to be on the team.

I mean, duh.

• Haha 3

It's gonna be pretty damn tempting for Seattle you'd have to think. They could really go for it, and the risk is probably worth it after the Clowney acquisition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

How could anyone be so ignorant thinking reporting your employers private conversations wouldn't be a problem? especially after the heat he took from the steelers for doing the exact same thing.

AB was already planning to leave at that point. He asked to be released shortly after. So what are you saying? That the Raiders saw the video and released him? That didn't happen. 

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

It's gonna be pretty damn tempting for Seattle you'd have to think. They could really go for it, and the risk is probably worth it after the Clowney acquisition.

They’re my pick too.   He needs somewhere they won’t expect promptness and a team mindset.    NE is tough to see from that perspective 

38 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Honestly the approach for a team who signs him is just to treat him as a human being. A team that signs him and isn’t putting so much pressure for him to be a certain way. They have to bring in people that will be around him and talk to him man to man. Some actual therapy. Ask him what’s going on, what is it that he wants to get out of this season. Why have things been so chaotic around his life. Ppl always se these players as $$$ not as human beings. He needs a team that is Open to conseling him. That’s all. If and when he gets signed  that team needs to sign him and look forward. They’ll have to speak with him and tell him whatever went down with the raiders leave it at the door. The organization just needs to surround him with positivity. People want to say he’s un coachable. They just need to talk to him as a human. It’s not ******** hard. 

Wtf are you talking about?

Seriously- how has he been dehumanized?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Not a damn thing.   Otherwise u shouldn’t have signed him 🤷‍♂️.  This tiger isn’t changing his stripes 

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I'd put these teams as most likely: SEA, SF and NYG (prob far less likely than other 2)

The team that didn't want to deal Odell is going to bring in Brown? 

4 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

AB was already planning to leave at that point. He asked to be released shortly after. So what are you saying? That the Raiders saw the video and released him? That didn't happen. 

No he was on track too play Monday night before that. they hadn't voided the guarantees or anything before that

Edited by bengalfan27

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

The team that didn't want to deal Odell is going to bring in Brown? 

Dont see it either.  Gettleman is pretty no nonsense and old school.  They’re rebuilding anyway and I doubt they have much interest in a 31 year old with drama issues.

Just now, bengalfan27 said:

No he was on track too play Monday night before that. they had't voided the gurantees or anything before that

So you think they voided guarantees as a result of the video? Are there any reports that the Raiders didn't like the video? There was a report saying Gruden thought it was awesome.

2 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Hed be fined and reminded he is held to the same standard as every other player on the team. If he decides to overreact than it would be dealt with, even if that means his actions lead to him eventually being released from the team. 

Mayock is at fault for how he handled the situation, he's not responsible for how AB decided to act. 

10 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Seahawks seem intriguing, Giants no shot they thought Odell was problematic AB makes Odell look like a saint, SF unlikely.

Just now, mbell317 said:

So you think they voided guarantees as a result of the video? Are there any reports that the Raiders didn't like the video? There was a report saying Gruden thought it was awesome.

the fight with Mayock is easier to explain for legal purposes.  What Gruden said and what was reality are 2 different things

• Like 1

Why not the Dolphins lol? Worst case he helps you tank more, best case he’s trade bait if he gets it together. 

• Like 1