Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Popped for wreck less driving.

Dont these guys have the loot for Uber's?

Yeah but then they expose themselves to getting Winstoned.

Cardinals have the Cap Space, they have the need, they have the ammunition.

Imaging them offering their second round pick (#33)?

5 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Cardinals have the Cap Space, they have the need, they have the ammunition.

Imaging them offering their second round pick (#33)?

The Steelers will probably get at least a late-first offer.

• Haha 1

Here are the odds Bookmaker.eu released Tuesday afternoon: 

San Francisco 49ers +200 
Pittsburgh Steelers +350 
New York Jets +500 
Oakland Raiders +650 
Miami Dolphins +1000 
Dallas Cowboys +1300 
Indianapolis Colts +1500 
Field (Any Other Team) +400

Edited by psygolf

Do we think the Steelers will have more incentive to send him outside the AFC, or will they gladly take the best offer regardless?

And if you are a contender in the AFC with the need/cap space...would you be willing to give your top competition extra draft capital to reload, or would it be better to sit back and hope he eventually sits out/gets cut?

I’d argue you do the trade: if you consider it a foregone conclusion that they will be receiving a package of draft capital from someone, and you correctly understand that one elite skill-position player is more valuable than draft picks.

23 minutes ago, psygolf said:

The Steelers will probably get at least a late-first offer.

then make it the 2nd and 4th round pick of the Cardinals.

To me it checks every box the Steelers want to check:

- NFC

- not contending whatsoever

- in badly need for WR talent

- cap to pay the contract

- I'm not sure about this, but Arizona isn't quite "the" franchise to play for

24 minutes ago, psygolf said:
Here are the odds Bookmaker.eu released Tuesday afternoon: 

San Francisco 49ers +200 
Pittsburgh Steelers +350 
New York Jets +500 
Oakland Raiders +650 
Miami Dolphins +1000 
Dallas Cowboys +1300 
Indianapolis Colts +1500 
Field (Any Other Team) +400

I don't think they would want to ship him to a contending AFC team, so I can't see the Colts make the move.

49ers, Jets, Cards are in a similar position with having a high first rounder, which they won't give up for AB.

Oakland would be a weird move, because they just gave away all their star players to reload with younger players, so AB wouldn't be the logical move.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I’d argue you do the trade: if you consider it a foregone conclusion that they will be receiving a package of draft capital from someone, and you correctly understand that one elite skill-position player is more valuable than draft picks.

Tat is true. But what is a elite skill-position player who is not wanting to play for you worth?

“That is true. But what is a elite skill-position player who is not wanting to play for you worth?”

I was examining the question from the perspective of the acquiring team.

• Thanks 1

He has 3 years left on his deal. The Steelers already have shown that if they own player control of someone they will keep them locked up. 

If Brown refuses to play on his deal the Steelers can fine him and look to get back almost 12 million dollars of signing bonus. Don't think he's going anywhere at this point. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Damn autocorrect! It keeps separating wreck and less

Not to be the grammar police or anything - it's separating it because the word you're looking for is "reckless" :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Juke said:

Not to be the grammar police or anything - it's separating it because the word you're looking for is "reckless" :D

People helping people here at the Roto.

👍🏻

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

He has 3 years left on his deal. The Steelers already have shown that if they own player control of someone they will keep them locked up. 

If Brown refuses to play on his deal the Steelers can fine him and look to get back almost 12 million dollars of signing bonus. Don't think he's going anywhere at this point. 

Net worth of 30m...He could retire

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Brown's choices are play next season for the Steelers or retire. At least until he gets traded. The Steelers are going to feel the cap hit regardless. But they can spread it out if they trade him post June 1st.

• Thanks 1

Intentionally or unintentionally, Brown is massively tanking his own trade value right now.  I honestly don't see any team offering more than peanuts.

One of the few teams confident and bold enough to take on a player with this type of baggage is New England.  But I can understand why the Steelers would probably prefer to sit on Brown over sending him to the Patriots.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Juke said:

Wreally?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Intentionally or unintentionally, Brown is massively tanking his own trade value right now.  I honestly don't see any team offering more than peanuts.

One of the few teams confident and bold enough to take on a player with this type of baggage is New England.  But I can understand why the Steelers would probably prefer to sit on Brown over sending him to the Patriots.

There is 0.0000000 percent chance Steelers trade AB to Pats

Oakland would be an amusing landing spot. I would guess that the Steelers would prefer to send him to the NFC though. The NFC is also a loaded conference right now, so the chances of him even going to a SB with one of the NFC teams would still be low.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

There is 0.0000000 percent chance Steelers trade AB to Pats

Another team could trade & flip him to the Pats.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:55 AM, thebadferret said:

then make it the 2nd and 4th round pick of the Cardinals.

To me it checks every box the Steelers want to check:

- NFC

- not contending whatsoever

- in badly need for WR talent

- cap to pay the contract

- I'm not sure about this, but Arizona isn't quite "the" franchise to play for

I don't think they would want to ship him to a contending AFC team, so I can't see the Colts make the move.

49ers, Jets, Cards are in a similar position with having a high first rounder, which they won't give up for AB.

Oakland would be a weird move, because they just gave away all their star players to reload with younger players, so AB wouldn't be the logical move.

Tat is true. But what is a elite skill-position player who is not wanting to play for you worth?

What you are forgetting is that Oakland is stupid. I can see them pursuing brown

Edited by bhawks489

32 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Another team could trade & flip him to the Pats.

It's not fantasy football. Whens the last time something like that has happened?

34 minutes ago, devaster said:

Oakland would be an amusing landing spot. I would guess that the Steelers would prefer to send him to the NFC though. The NFC is also a loaded conference right now, so the chances of him even going to a SB with one of the NFC teams would still be low.

I doubt the Steelers are concerned with Oakland being a threat. I'd guess they would trade him to a crappy AFC team. Could be wrong.

Edited by dmb3684

Only an extremely bold (Patriots) or foolhardy (Raiders) team would try to trade for this toxic waste dump.  But I think the most likely scenario is that Pittsburgh will not find a trade partner.

Then it will be a showdown between the player and the team.  And the team has all the leverage, but the player is in the middle of a long string of bizarre and irrational decisions, statements, and actions.  Therefore, there is no telling what Brown will do.  If the standoff is still going on the day of your player acquisition meeting for your league, I would advise proceeding with extreme caution.  

If you have Brown rostered in dynasty, sell him to some other league manager who thinks that Brown and the Steelers will get back on the same page.

The AB situation is not going to be like the LeVeon one.  For 2019, AB will be the highest paid WR in the NFL (22M+).  He's also igoing to be 31, and this guy has an ego (i.e. cares about stats and being considered one of the all-time greats).  I highly doubt that he's not going to forfeit this huge sum of money and waste one of his waning peak years.  Either PIT finds a suitable trade partner (SF still makes a lot of sense both due to their cap space and high pick in rd #2, plus another later picks or 2020 pick) or AB is back and playing for the Steelers in 2019.  AB is definitely making some questionable decisions lately but forgoing this kind of money would be another whole level crazy....