Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

On 9/13/2019 at 2:34 PM, nonstopfan said:

Both players were obvious starts. Don't look at the results. Look at the info that you had prior to the results. Look at the info that is afforded to you prior to the NE game. There is nothing that states that AB is an obvious start or should be started. There are a lot of warning signs....A LOT of warning signs. Just like in poker, with fantasy football, you play the percentages. Instead, it seems like AB owners are calling big bets from behind in the hand all the way to the river hoping for a miracle flush. In poker, that's how you lose your bankroll. In fantasy, that's how you end up with an L.

We want to run this back? You sure this is how you end up with an L?

Most of us saw through Bill's coach-speak. AB had 3-4 endzone targets ALONE.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

So let's see...

- Brown barely participated in camp due to foot, helmet, and other "Brown like stuff".

- Brown didn't participate in any preseason action.

- Brown was just traded one week ago

- Completely new playbook and system.

- Reports surface about Brown having at least some difficulty picking up said playbook. Judging by the way he communicates, that's not hard to believe.

- Has ample competition for targets in a game that may feature a ton of second half running.

- Pending investigation hanging over his head pertaining to sexual misconduct that the Pats were caught off guard about.

With ALL of this, AB owners are like...."well he's fast, I'm starting him".

-

And like that he ends up outproducing gordon by a significant margin. If it wasn't for this case he'd be the lead wr on this team ROS easily

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1

Can’t we all just enjoy this moment for one second.....took a long time to get here, hopefully there are more games to come.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:41 PM, Dexter75 said:

Did you read my post right before that? Brady attempted 35 passes a game last year on average, only 4 of those per game were over 20 yards. Hes 42 years old with a noddle arm, he doesn't throw deep often at all these days. Patriots game is built around quick outs, slants, dump offs to the back...not chucking it downfield. Also, you think Brown won't see double teams? Belichick almost always doubled him. How often do you see Brady forcing it into double coverage? 

Just bumping your post to make sure you saw AB  and Brady today. 

Again, why do you think AB is simply a deep threat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I forget the poster that consistently bashed AB and Bell last season and this offseason. Wrong on both accounts though. AB was never really much of a question imo. The guy is one of the best when on the field and that wasn't going to change. I think a lot of folks are simply biased and hate the player which feeds their negative agenda instead of observing the facts.

Sure, the NFL could suspend him, but there is no precedent for civil cases I think. Patriots weren't worried and played him. I'd expect him to play all season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I forget the poster that consistently bashed AB and Bell last season and this offseason. Wrong on both accounts though. AB was never really much of a question imo. The guy is one of the best when on the field and that wasn't going to change. I think a lot of folks are simply biased and hate the player which feeds their negative agenda instead of observing the facts.

Sure, the NFL could suspend him, but there is no precedent for civil cases I think. Patriots weren't worried and played him. I'd expect him to play all season.

So far, so good.   4 catches is about what most expected.  Solid- but a lot of mouths to feed.    Pats win many different ways.  

Just now, Impreza178 said:

So far, so good.   4 catches is about what most expected.  Solid- but a lot of mouths to feed.    Pats win many different ways.  

He was targeted heavily in the end zone is what I’m most excited about.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

it's also about what he didn't catch. He was targeted heavily and could have easily had another 40 yards and TD. Arrow pointing way up for AB.

9 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

The kind of keen fantasy outlook I come to this message board for.

Thanks.

You mean like this keen fantasy outlook posted below?

5 hours ago, mbell317 said:

spacer.png

You know who you are. 

Why don't you take a seat in the AB prayer choir.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

You mean like this keen fantasy outlook posted below?

Why don't you take a seat in the AB prayer choir.

I don't mind a little humor... it is fantasy football. I just prefer your player analysis, that's all.

• Like 1

For the first time . . . 

. . . in Analogyville . . . 

. . . we have Randy Moss . . . 

. . . and Wes Welker . . . 

. . . in one package.

135/2690/33

N' that'shisfloor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gravy said:

It doesnt matter all that much what he did on the field today. He is getting suspended for a long time. Those texts he sent admitting to hus crimes arent goung away. His time is numbered.

my only fear. otherwise he's a set it and forget it WR1 ROS. by the time he and brady are 100% on the same page... ooh boy. only thing stopping him is that potential suspension.

9 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

Just bumping your post to make sure you saw AB  and Brady today. 

Again, why do you think AB is simply a deep threat?

Yep. All the passes to Brown were within 20 yards, just as I said they would be. Try to find more than a couple passes total he threw over 20 yards, just as I said, he doesn't throw deep much anymore. 95% of the passes he threw were dump offs, quick outs or slants all within 15-20 yards, just as I said. I was 100% correct. Next. 

Edited by Dexter75

All the loud cries to bench him because of other people's stuff. Turned out what Josh Gordon did when entering New England had absolutely nothing to do with Antonio Brown entering New England. Almost like they're different players or something.

8 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Yep. All the passes to Brown were within 20 yards, just as I said they would be. Try to find more than a couple passes total he threw over 20 yards, just as I said, he doesn't throw deep much anymore. 95% of the passes he threw were dump offs, quick outs or slants all within 15-20 yards, just as I said. I was 100% correct. Next.

So you completely wiffed on the results of your "analysis" and now you're claiming you were "100% correct"? Your entire premise was flawed from the beginning, as the actual results show. 

Good effort though!

Everything stated above in that article has been known except for standing near the woman with a hand cloth over his junk......Let's see how this plays out.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Wait, she’s accusing him of...flirting? 

That’s not even in the ballpark of the other woman’s story.  

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good news for the Patriots:  They have six weeks of byes coming up to figure all this out.

• Haha 1