Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

Maybe the moral she was painting AB was only wearing a wash cloth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

No, the home is still the home. AB was at home. He wasn't working. She was commissioned on a one time deal to come to his house and paint a mural of him.

Still innapropriate but why change the story with your different scenarios. The original story not grotesque enough for you?

maybe he thought it was a nude painting?

 

45 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

So patriot players are now immune from suspension for sexual assault? Interesting take. 
Are refs permitted to call penalties on them or would that also make Goodell look like "such a sour baby."

No need to answer, we all know you are a disgruntled Brown owner. 

He was clearly dating that woman, he "busin" on her back because he didnt want another kid. You think he just walked up and went on her back? Let's get real.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, with this latest information, where do you think his trade value is?

If you owned him, what would expect in return for him?  If you wanted to acquire him, what would you give up?

I think the dude is untradeable at this time. 

If I own him, I'd want at least a solid WR2 and, even then, I'm not sure.  He has so much upside in the Pats offense and he could actually survive all this and play the year.  Lot of WR2 level players out there and most do not have this upside.

If I were trying to acquire him, I don't think I could part with anything other than something like a WR2, since sending a borderline WR1/WR2 and possibly having AB suspended would destroy my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the current civil case falls through he won’t be suspended. They aren’t going to suspend him simply because he’s an a**hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

rather than a diatribe on AB's character or social issues.

 

But its OK to do the same exact thing to Josh Gordon for the last like 5 years when all Gordon did was struggle with his personal demons and  you know not be a creepy cry baby loser like AB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this new news isn't substantial enough to warrant a suspension by itself, the deciding factor is what goodell rules about the rape allegations, his value is so low right now that all you can do as an owner is hold and pray he stays on the field

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wonder how many more reports will come out about AB. This could just be the start. Especially if people start getting paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, but I think you need to buy AB right now.  If the owner is scared, you get a WR1 for nothing.  There's barely anything that suggests he'll get suspended so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the league is allowing this piece of garbage to play is beyond me. I'd be shocked if either the league didn't suspend him or he didn't do something else to get suspended himself. In terms of his fantasy trade value, I personally wouldn't go near him, so he'd definitely be a sell "high" IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePerfectBeard said:

I'm sorry, but I think you need to buy AB right now.  If the owner is scared, you get a WR1 for nothing.  There's barely anything that suggests he'll get suspended so far.

Now is the time to strike if you think that, beard.   There are undoubtedly worried owners out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ccimore said:

Without any proof of sexual assault, I would say there's a good chance Goodell leans away from penalizing them.

 

Again...Zeke. He wasn't arrested, charges were never filed because the investigator couldn't find any evidence and the woman's story was inconsistent. Completely he said/she said case. Goddell still suspended him. NFL is still investigating the Brown situation and Id bet he gets suspended. Enjoy him while you can! 

Edited by Dexter75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time and again reports surface about AB acting/thinking in a  "disturbed," manner.   I'd sell for a WR2/RB2 if you're able.  I'd be real surprised if he stays on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As as AB owner, im not really willing to sell low.  I think he probably does get suspended, but just hoping its not for the season.  Say he gets 6 games (similar to zeke), i will be hoping to replace him with an adequate fill in from my bench and then (hopefully) get him back in time for the playoffs.  if hes on the field, brady will force feed him the ball, especially in the rz.  mods, feel free to edit as needed, but to put in context, i rejected an offer of diggs for ab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

I'm sorry, but I think you need to buy AB right now.  If the owner is scared, you get a WR1 for nothing.  There's barely anything that suggests he'll get suspended so far.

 

This is true except that you ain't gonna get him for nothing.  What you do give up may get instantly wasted.  Imagine buying AB and 10mins later he's suspended.  I don't need that kind of crap in my life.  I personally would advocate selling! 

 

Plus... It's much more enjoyable watching this circus from afar.  I got enough problems of my own..I don't need to be tied to AB's as well. ; ) 

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, herschel said:

As as AB owner, im not really willing to sell low.  I think he probably does get suspended, but just hoping its not for the season.  Say he gets 6 games (similar to zeke), i will be hoping to replace him with an adequate fill in from my bench and then (hopefully) get him back in time for the playoffs.  if hes on the field, brady will force feed him the ball, especially in the rz.  mods, feel free to edit as needed, but to put in context, i rejected an offer of diggs for ab.

I think multiple rape accusations gonna be more than 6 weeks bro. He's lucky if the feds don't end up getting involved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to keep and hope for the best. If he doesn’t get suspended he’s a WR1 and probably only beaten out by Nuk and and a few others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, herschel said:

As as AB owner, im not really willing to sell low.  I think he probably does get suspended, but just hoping its not for the season.  Say he gets 6 games (similar to zeke), i will be hoping to replace him with an adequate fill in from my bench and then (hopefully) get him back in time for the playoffs.  if hes on the field, brady will force feed him the ball, especially in the rz.  mods, feel free to edit as needed, but to put in context, i rejected an offer of diggs for ab.

 

Exactly.  I think this is what most people will encounter if trying to trade for AB.  I just don't think an owner will be scared enough to dump AB for a WR2 level guy.  There's so many of those "solid WR2" types out there, or boom-or-bust WR2s.  Most of us likely have multiple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pushaZ said:

I think multiple rape accusations gonna be more than 6 weeks bro. He's lucky if the feds don't end up getting involved

i read the second accusation and although i dont condone the behavior and do think that he is not a good person with clear mental disorders, it seems like its a far cry from rape.  time will tell...  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, herschel said:

i read the second accusation and although i dont condone the behavior and do think that he is not a good person with clear mental disorders, it seems like its a far cry from rape.  time will tell...  

And you're just assuming there won't be a 3rd and 4th now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

Exactly.  I think this is what most people will encounter if trying to trade for AB.  I just don't think an owner will be scared enough to dump AB for a WR2 level guy.  There's so many of those "solid WR2" types out there, or boom-or-bust WR2s.  Most of us likely have multiple.

 

For reference as to AB's value (not trying to stray into assistant coach territory, here), I was offered his his cousin, Hollywood, straight up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

And you're just assuming there won't be a 3rd and 4th now?

I think that's probably as rational as assuming that there will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pushaZ said:

And you're just assuming there won't be a 3rd and 4th now?

he could easily wire top hoodie and be cut in a week, its just a matter of risk vs reward and what you are comfortable with.  there are plenty of guys on the ww (some of whom havent revealed themselves as of yet) which can provide close to or similar value as those being proposed in trades.  so its not as much as ab's behavior or risk of suspension that is holding me from trading him, its just what is being offered that doesnt make it worth it (for me).  obviously all leagues and situations are different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

And you're just assuming there won't be a 3rd and 4th now?

Exactly. This is a clear pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Again...Zeke. He wasn't arrested, charges were never filed because the investigator couldn't find any evidence and the woman's story was inconsistent. Completely he said/she said case. Goddell still suspended him. NFL is still investigating the Brown situation and Id bet he gets suspended. Enjoy him while you can! 

My post was related to Goodell's previous strong hand history with the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.