Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Uh, I mean....the Raiders dealt with a helmet and some burnt feet. The Patriots let rape allegations slide by multiple women and waited until he literally harassed an accuser with a pic of her family. Let's not go patting the Pats on the back.

They cut him within 24 hours of his latest shenanigans, and you can't really condemn someone based on an accusation. 

I also didn't say the Patriots won the moral super bowl, just complimented their handling of a nuisance player.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

What team would want to deal with the circus they saw on Hard Knocks and in NE? Especially with a suspension looming? He will be on the Comissioners exempt list pretty quick Im sure. 

Right, and THAT's when you drop him, once he hits the list.

5 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

And this is exactly how you handle AB. The Raiders let him get away with everything, the Patriots straight up cut his a$$ after one slip up. I gained some respect for the Pats today, and that makes me feel dirty.

So the sexual assault thing didn't count as a slip up? Got it

AB was going to be a distraction to the team as evident in the press conference today.

Just now, Mr.STD said:

They cut him within 24 hours of his latest shenanigans, and you can't really condemn someone based on an accusation. 

I also didn't say the Patriots won the moral super bowl, just complimented their handling of a nuisance player.

I can condemn based on multiple accusations, but I understand why you may not. Either way, doing the bare minimum doesn't earn my praise, that's all.

• Like 1

I don't think he'll be signed either until this stuff blows over.  And it may never.  Brown likes to dig apparently.  

Besides dynasty he's an easy drop. Watch someone else burn some FAAB and/or drop someone actually valuable

Remember the Herm Edwards bit on ESPN a few years back?

"DON'T HIT SEND"

Maybe a bad coach, but wise man there

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Theschill38 said:

Right because allegations = guilt. 

As someone who has followed this head case for a long time, I believe the victims more than I believe AB. Deal with it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Are people still not worried about this guy??? No red flags? Pffffff lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mikeflavaz said:

I don't think he'll be signed either until this stuff blows over.  And it may never.  Brown likes to dig apparently.  

It buys the league time to finish the investigation-  it’s not impossible he gets some of these civil issues settled and a team signs him with a known length of suspension

It's not about guilt or innocence. He's now such a massive distraction that his presence may outweigh his production. I don't even know if we should suspect something is coming. Belichik cut his presser short today because he was being asked about AB. I wouldn't be shocked if he marched over to Kraft and said release the guy. That's just as likely as something coming on his legal case/being added to the exempt list (which could still happen).

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

No need without a team.   He has no contract 

The league can do that at any time, he's still an NFL player. It ensures he cant be paid if he gets signed. Hunt didn't have a contract when he was put on the CEL last year. 

Edited by Dexter75

Just now, phisouza33 said:

Fight for sure. That’s shady. Get a refund

It's like seeing someone tear an ACL and THEN hit approve. It should definitely be vetoed.

• Like 1

Did he just get a cool $9 million from the pats?

Just now, Cord said:

It's not about guilt or innocence. He's now such a massive distraction that his presence may outweigh his production. I don't even know if we should suspect something is coming. Belichik cut his presser short today because he was being asked about AB. I wouldn't be shocked if he marched over to Kraft and said release the guy. That's just as likely as something coming on his legal case/being added to the exempt list (which could still happen).

I’d be willing to bet money he’s not getting put on the exempt list.   That’s for players being accused of something heinous who the league can not allow to hit the field and make them look bad.  They’re on paid leave basically.   Without a team and a contract there’s no reason.    If he gets signed somehow (doubtful) before the investigation is complete-  then maybe.    

If the Pats couldn't get him to behave, nobody can.

I think he might be done mainly because of his age.  It's going to take a while for this stuff to work through court, and I doubt any team gives him a shot.  By that time he'll be like 32 or maybe 33 and he's going to have to convince a team that he won't be a distraction.  Doubtful all this happens.

Just now, whips02 said:

Nope.   Half of it hasn’t guaranteed yet.    He may not even get the first half.    The pats ain’t stupid 

Just now, whips02 said:

I seriously doubt it.  They had to have put language in there that voids the money if they cut AB for something like this.  Either that or they are idiots.