Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

59 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think AB has the type of talent that makes a mediocre QB better and a great QB greater, so to think he will suck because he is 30yrs old is just silly. Statistically u don't see elite wr's production fall off until the age of 34/35 but how much of that is physical skills and how much of it is simply they are being phased out for young cheaper players is a mystery. NFL  teams have a younger is better mentality.

demarius thomas, jordy nelson, brandon marshall....but he could be an outliar like fitzgerald. 

6 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

demarius thomas, jordy nelson, brandon marshall....but he could be an outliar like fitzgerald. 

I guess we need to add to dashoe’s list of qualifiers is how much fall-off is attributable to being saddled with mediocre QBs later in their careers.

• Haha 1

Goodell might not be laughing...

On 2/20/2019 at 4:56 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Is that sarcasm?  Brown is probably a "one-player-away" type signing, as opposed to a franchise building block.

That is, if an NFL GM wants one player to enter the locker room and comprehensively destroy it within weeks.

Lol, you're being so dramatic.  He's not going to single handily destroy a locker room 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

funny >> I think the 3 you listed to make some type of point are the outliers.

Honestly they shouldn't rule out a trade with the Pats, a team that is likely to give them their best offer and just accept the fact that its probably time to rebuild. There is no way this team is still in the AFC championship or Super Bowl discussion losing their 2 best players on offense.

What makes you think the Patriots would make the best offer?

Just reading the tea leaves with the rumoured interest in OBJ and a top wideout being the obvious #1 priority for the Pats this offseason. The Pats are flush with 12 draft picks this year and I just think Belichick would be willing to pull the trigger if he felt there would be a dance partner. More than any other organization in the league the Pats would be the least concerned about the character concerns as well. It's just my guess they'd have the best offer or be in the conversation but the Steelers are rumoured to be unwilling to deal him there so it's all moot anyways.

7 hours ago, !!! said:

More than any other organization in the league the Pats would be the least concerned about the character concerns as well.

Because Gordon worked out so well for them?

34 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Because Gordon worked out so well for them?

He stopped their losing streak  when gronk was injured and Edelman was finding his way back from suspension and got them on the path to the playoffs.

So yeah it did work out for them:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They won the Super Bowl in spite of Gordon flaming out, and while he played, he was just fine, and the off the field stuff had zero impact on the franchise.   I believe they're maybe the only team you can fully trust to handle a diva without it affecting the team.    If nobody's offering above a low 2nd, what's the real risk?

If NE really is on the hunt for a top WR, it'll be interesting to see if they land one.  Could they find some other bargain on a player no one thought was available?

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

He stopped their losing streak  when gronk was injured and Edelman was finding his way back from suspension and got them on the path to the playoffs.

So yeah it did work out for them:lol:

So Gordon was the catalyst for those wins...ok

Edited by psygolf

48 minutes ago, psygolf said:

So Gordon was the catalyst for those wins...ok

I think your qualifier was 'how well did Gordon work out for the pats?

So now you want to pivot to was he a catalyst for those wins?

The answer is yes. Yes he was. :lol:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, psygolf said:

funny >> I think the 3 you listed to make some type of point are the outliers.

How so? they all went irrelevant after age 30. You are probably thinking of the Brandon Marshall defensive guy haha

Edited by phegotgame14

On 2/21/2019 at 10:40 AM, phegotgame14 said:

Packers or 49ers for a second. A 30+ year old receiver would never command a 1st. 

The Packers are in a unique win now situation with an extra 1st Round pick at their disposal. They would be the team to go against conventional wisdom. 

I think it would be worth it for the Pack to take a chance. 

1 hour ago, Cdub2k said:

The Packers are in a unique win now situation with an extra 1st Round pick at their disposal. They would be the team to go against conventional wisdom. 

I think it would be worth it for the Pack to take a chance. 

LOL at Packers being in 'win now' mode.

1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

How so? they all went irrelevant after age 30. You are probably thinking of the Brandon Marshall defensive guy haha

Both Nelson and Marshall had excellent seasons after age 30.  Thomas just played his age-31 season this past year with Case Keenum.

38 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Both Nelson and Marshall had excellent seasons after age 30.  Thomas just played his age-31 season this past year with Case Keenum.

Keenum/Watson

51 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

LOL at Packers being in 'win now' mode.

I think it's win now because once Rodgers leaves it'll be "rebuild now" mode. 

They can still squeak into the playoffs. And who know with the NFL, the right team never seems to catch a break

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

I think your qualifier was 'how well did Gordon work out for the pats?

So now you want to pivot to was he a catalyst for those wins?

The answer is yes. Yes he was. :lol:

I’ll give the SB MVP the props for the turnaround 

2 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

How so? ...because one can make a list of productive wrs in their 30s

16 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Keenum/Watson

Yes - I didn’t bother mentioning Watson because of the season-ending injury/need to adjust to a brand-new offense.  The point is, he faced some adverse circumstances for fantasy production.