Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

36 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I think it's win now because once Rodgers leaves it'll be "rebuild now" mode. 

They can still squeak into the playoffs. And who know with the NFL, the right team never seems to catch a break

I was half kidding. They have the most important piece, but lots of holes on that team. Also, Rodgers never wins anything. Kinda overrated at this point. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Keenum/Watson

Marshall last 3 season 59/788/3, 18/154/0, 11/23/1---ya those are some spectacular seasons after age 30 lol

Thomas - thru 7 games with WATSON 23/275/2---he actually did better with keenum so u really make no sense

Nelson - 97/1257/14 , 53/482/6, 63/739/3---Clearly dropoff after age 30 season

Argue with stats next time

7 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Marshall last 3 season 59/788/3, 18/154/0, 11/23/1---ya those are some spectacular seasons after age 30 lol

Thomas - thru 7 games with WATSON 23/275/2---he actually did better with keenum so u really make no sense

You said those three players were all “irrelevant” after age 30 - I simply explained that you were incorrect.  I don’t need to be your stat provider - I argued with words and proved you were wrong.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You said those three players were all “irrelevant” after age 30 - I simply explained that you were incorrect.  I don’t need to be your stat provider - I argued with words and proved you were wrong.

Marshall last 3 season 59/788/3, 18/154/0, 11/23/1---ya those are some spectacular seasons after age 30 lol

---Leaving that for you lol---you sure proved me wrong with those solid seasons there--

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Marshall last 3 season 59/788/3, 18/154/0, 11/23/1---ya those are some spectacular seasons after age 30 lol

---Leaving that for you lol---you sure proved me wrong with those solid seasons there--

Perhaps you don’t understand - I’m not contending that they continued their earlier production throughout the last three years.  I said that you were incorrect that those three players were “irrelevant” after 30.  Two of the three you mentioned had fantastic age-31 seasons.  This shouldn’t be difficult to understand if you have stats/ages available to you.

Edited by BMcP

8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Perhaps you don’t understand - I’m not contending that they continued their earlier production throughout the last three years.  I said that you were incorrect that those three players were “irrelevant” after 30.  Two of the three you mentioned had fantastic age-31 seasons.  This shouldn’t be difficult to understand if you have stats/ages available to you.

Getting back on topic. I somewhat agree but these high production WR's are on the decline after age 30 and pretty much done by 32/33 include chad johnson in that group too. So from this trend AB has a couple seasons left and will not demand a 1st rounder

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

You’re out of your league if you think naming those 3 proves any type of point.

41 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

I was correcting you when you said Keenum since you forgot that he played with Watson too.

Argue with all the facts next time

Lol 

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I was correcting you when you said Keenum since you forgot that he played with Watson too.

Argue with all the facts next time

Lol 

And you argue with at least 1 fact next time if there is one you can find

23 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

And you argue with at least 1 fact next time if there is one you can find

Come again?

Why were you even responding to me? I was correcting your inaccuracies, not arguing about the point you were making. 

Go ahead and quote me arguing against your point...I'll wait.

Edited by bhawks489

Packers or Patriots would both be a QB situation as good or almost as good as Big Ben.  And they both have pretty strong locker rooms.  So they might be able to channel Hurricane AB and make something useful about of the situation.

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Packers or Patriots would both be a QB situation as good or almost as good as Big Ben.  And they both have pretty strong locker rooms.  So they might be able to channel Hurricane AB and make something useful about of the situation.

green bay would be a bad fit, because with AB it all comes down to the wheels. even if he re-paints his rolls royce green/yellow, AB has already said the car is bad in cold weather and snow

besides, like you said, qb situation "almost" as good as big ben. better to upgrade to the nick mullens led aerial attack.

tempAP_280476003487-nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

2014-529452-rolls-royce-ghost-by-mansory

goldred-chrome-Rolls-Royce-Phantom-unbel

• Like 1

Big Ben is younger and bigger and stronger than Brady, and better at extending plays.  Brady, at least this year, was better at winning games when they counted.

And Brady was one Dee Ford phantom neutral zone infraction away from losing the AFC Championship with a three-pick effort.  

We know Brown is all about his own stats and his own glory, so I am not sure he is going to like it when Edelman catches 8-9 passes or Sony Michel scores three 1-yard TDs in a game and Brown goes 4-45.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Big Ben is younger and bigger and stronger than Brady, and better at extending plays. 

Ben has always been younger, bigger and stronger than Brady. Brady is smarter and more disciplined. 

The Hoodie and his staff are masters of game planning. When they had Moss on their team all of a sudden they became a Deep Passing dynamic offense. 

When they had a young Gronk and Aaron Hernandez all of a sudden they became a dynamic 2 TE set running squad. Lately they have these dynamic slot guys with excellent pass catching RB's. So naturally they played to THEIR strengths. They had Gordon for a few games and guess what they went down the field more and he made some amazing plays for them in the deep intermediate zones.

If they were to get Antonio Brown they'll change their game plan to incorporate what AB does best. 

It's all a moot point though the Steelers have already gone on record saying that they won't trade AB to the Patriots and that they want him traded to the NFC. I'm just saying if they did get him they have proven over and over again that their game plan does indeed adapt and change. 

Wait...are you sure he’s always been younger?

I still think the Packers are going to keep both those 1st rounders They can draft a younger WR, who would find success opposite of Adams.. I don't foresee AB going to the Packers. I would raise one and say the Packers sign Lev Bell, before they go after AB. I still think AB ends up with the Cards or 49ers. Also, March 17th is his roster bonus. They probably want him gone, before a suspension could loom for his little incident down in Florida.

I think it’s more likely the Packers sign Brown than Bell - they really don’t have a dire need at RB.  Brown, though, could put them right in the forefront of contention - and they have the ammo to get a deal done.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Big Ben is younger and bigger and stronger than Brady, and better at extending plays.  Brady, at least this year, was better at winning games when they counted.

And Brady was one Dee Ford phantom neutral zone infraction away from losing the AFC Championship with a three-pick effort.  

We know Brown is all about his own stats and his own glory, so I am not sure he is going to like it when Edelman catches 8-9 passes or Sony Michel scores three 1-yard TDs in a game and Brown goes 4-45.

Moss disproves your argument.

Just now, devaster said:

I remain convinced that Big Ben is younger than Brady.

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Randy Moss has more greatness, intelligence, and professionalism in his left pinky than Antonio Brown has in his whole body.  Child, please.

36 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Randy Moss has more greatness, intelligence, and professionalism in his left pinky than Antonio Brown has in his whole body.  Child, please.

Funny how time changes narrative. Randy Moss was once considered a self-centered diva who quit on his team, often taking plays off that weren’t designed for him. Now he’s a bastion of professionalism.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's true, but today's athletes are setting the bar lower and lower.  

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Unfortunately, that’s also true. 

17 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Funny how time changes narrative. Randy Moss was once considered a self-centered diva who quit on his team, often taking plays off that weren’t designed for him. Now he’s a bastion of professionalism.

The biggest hypocrites are former divas who now play the role of the consummate statesmen AFTER their careers end. Happens in sports and politics all the time. 

Big Ben calling out others personally and professionally is laughable given how he milks every minor injury for all the media sympathy he can get, and his history of targeting defenseless young women socially. 

17 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Not really; we just have more cameras now. Human nature hasn't changed.