Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

52 minutes ago, BrianM said:

If this trade market is dry, do they force him back in the fold or cut him?  Brown is probably aching to be cut- he's got no guarantees left anyways.   

I'd love to see them banish him to some awful team and just watch him dwindle away.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

I'd love to see them banish him to some awful team and just watch him dwindle away.

Cardinals :D

41 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Detroit

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Cardinals :D

KK is gonna turn things around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Adams has it covered, and I don't see GB as a fit in general.

Agreed...I'd rather they invested in RB LBell.

Go Pack Go!

• Thanks 1

Man he's becoming embarrassing by the second, I need to change my avatar lol this was a good one... 

""I don't even have to play football if I don't want, bro," he said. "I don't even need the game. You know what I'm saying? I don't need to prove nothing to anyone. If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules."

11 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Man he's becoming embarrassing by the second, I need to change my avatar lol this was a good one... 

""I don't even have to play football if I don't want, bro," he said. "I don't even need the game. You know what I'm saying? I don't need to prove nothing to anyone. If they wanna play, they gonna play by my rules."

I truly believe it’s Steelers or he doesn’t play football. Can’t see a team adding this cancer of a teammate to their roster.

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

I truly believe it’s Steelers or he doesn’t play football. Can’t see a team adding this cancer of a teammate to their roster.

I don't even want the guy back to be honest and it sucks to say that because I really loved AB for most of his years here even if he's had some moments. But he's just looking like a total douche right now, and the team needs more guys like Conner and less AB. 

54 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

I actually think it might be traded or doesn’t play - who knows with this guy anymore.  I’m thinking many fans of teams are beginning to hope they aren’t saddled with him now.

Looks strung-out in the latest interview... 

Whitney Houston 2.0

5 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I don't even want the guy back to be honest and it sucks to say that because I really loved AB for most of his years here even if he's had some moments. But he's just looking like a total douche right now, and the team needs more guys like Conner and less AB. 

Let's see Conner in a few years and then we can take this comparison. I don't remember AB or LevBell being Divas when they just became starters.

I don't like the narrative of AB being the bad guy. There's always two parts of the story and I don't think Tomlin or Big Ben aren't guilty here.

Is it nice how he is acting rn? No, not really. But instead of making a clear cut the Steelers are again joining the s--- show as with Bell.

If a player doesn't want to play for the organisation, get rid of 'em. Trade him to the best bidder and if that means it's the Patriots then do it. They slammed you the last few years with you having AB and they will propably slam you with AB on their side. Get the best value you can get. I don't understand this. Get your value and move on. 
Funny thing is, Tomlin and Ben will feed JuJu next year to death to boost his numbers, miss the playoffs again, but can tell AB how good JuJu is. :D

What kind of message sends this to other players if the Steelers keep AB and he holds out? Second time in 2 years a player - an established one who produced for years btw - wanted to leave and you went full stubborn mode. If I was a Free Agent having an offer fromthe Steelers I'd think about this twice.

• Haha 1

Would love to see this clown colluded right out of the league. What a moron

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Extremely telling.  Maybe AB is actually just quitting but he wants to make sure the public blames the Steelers for it so his quitting won't harm his brand quite so much.

34 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Extremely telling.  Maybe AB is actually just quitting but he wants to make sure the public blames the Steelers for it so his quitting won't harm his brand quite so much.

I disagree with that take because there is no benefit to it.

How would his brand be harmed if he simply walked away and used the focus on his family and children line?  He could then leverage his post football life with doing appearances and broadcasting work with the Steelers relationship as every other player does from Joe Namath to Tiki barber and every ex Dallas Cowboy. 

A nasty public dispute with the organization and then retiring gives him no advantage in building a brand.

Institutions and organizations endure whereas players become memories.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

I disagree with that take because there is no benefit to it.

How would his brand be harmed if he simply walked away and used the focus on his family and children line?  He could then leverage his post football life with doing appearances and broadcasting work with the Steelers relationship as every other player does from Joe Namath to Tiki barber and every ex Dallas Cowboy. 

A nasty public dispute with the organization and then retiring gives him no advantage in building a brand.

Institutions and organizations endure whereas players become memories.

I definitely disagree with the approach Brown is taking.  But he is acting in such a self-destructive, irrational way that it is actually pretty hard to make any sense of it.  

Perhaps he acted on impulse to walk away before week 17; and, being pissed, he tried to justify it later instead of doing damage control.

Now he tried to force his way out of town, and it didn't work, so he is threatening to quit altogether?

So, what are everyone's thoughts on AB's dynasty value at this point? Is he worth buying? Is he worth selling? Or .... are most taking the "wait and see" approach?

I would sell to someone in my league who has had AB before and thinks they will be getting the same player.

5 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Would love to see this clown colluded right out of the league. What a moron

Used to be a quiet, nose to the grindstone, hard working 6th rounder. Success grew his head bigger than Barry Bonds at his roid peak. He's full blown TO now. Washington is the place to send him. They got nothing. Total retard and not worth the headache.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Let's see Conner in a few years and then we can take this comparison. I don't remember AB or LevBell being Divas when they just became starters.

I don't like the narrative of AB being the bad guy. There's always two parts of the story and I don't think Tomlin or Big Ben aren't guilty here.

Is it nice how he is acting rn? No, not really. But instead of making a clear cut the Steelers are again joining the s--- show as with Bell.

If a player doesn't want to play for the organisation, get rid of 'em. Trade him to the best bidder and if that means it's the Patriots then do it. They slammed you the last few years with you having AB and they will propably slam you with AB on their side. Get the best value you can get. I don't understand this. Get your value and move on. 
Funny thing is, Tomlin and Ben will feed JuJu next year to death to boost his numbers, miss the playoffs again, but can tell AB how good JuJu is. :D

What kind of message sends this to other players if the Steelers keep AB and he holds out? Second time in 2 years a player - an established one who produced for years btw - wanted to leave and you went full stubborn mode. If I was a Free Agent having an offer fromthe Steelers I'd think about this twice.

The point is 9 times out of 10, and this is imho when a person goes thru something like cancer and survive, and do what conner was able to do they develop a greater appreciation for their life and anything they're doing. I mean if you want to get that technical sure we can see how conner turns out but the point is that right here, right now he's a class act and seems to have a more humble approach. If that changes then that is something that is addressed at that time but for now, we absolutely need more guys like him.

Brown and Bell didn't start off to bad but from living here in Pittsburgh I can say they had their antics, and subtle ways early on that made one raise an eye brow. 

Edited by Savatage79
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

The point is 9 times out of 10, and this is imho when a person goes thru something like cancer and survive, and do what conner was able to do they develop a greater appreciation for their life and anything they're doing. I mean if you want to get that technical sure we can see how conner turns out but the point is that right here, right now he's a class act and seems to have a more humble approach. If that changes then that is something that is addressed at that time but for now, we absolutely need more guys like him.

Brown and Bell didn't start off to bad but from living here in Pittsburgh I can say they had their antics, and subtle ways early on that made one raise an eye brow. 

And now both have revealed themselves to be full-blown turds, although Brown most assuredly moreso.  If I had been told this 4 months ago, I would have been surprised.  Bell's 2018-19 antics, while obnoxious, are quite tame in comparison to Mr. Big Chest's.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I didn't mean it's guranteed - not even close - but you never know how a person develops.

Still think Steelers should trade AB for the best price available no matter the buyer. Cut the ties and never look back. Would - for a change - let the Steelers look like a competent franchise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I never understood why many fall into the personality trap when it comes to players.

Bell+AB are fundamentally fighting for money. The Steeler are fundamentally fighting for money.

The difference is Bell+AB are individuals so it's easy to attack their character and methods as individuals whereas organizations  are more difficult to attack because they are essentially faceless and speak through a PR filter.

When I was a young lad I used to fall into the soap opera of how a player 'acted' but as an adult who has financial obligations I truly understand how money can affect ones choice of actions and behavior. So i am much less judgemental about a players behavior and more focused on the strategy they employ to achieve their goal.

AB being a diva  does not destroy his market value meaning  an owner is not going to pay a player MORE money because they are nice guys. There is no NICE GUY BONUS CLAUSE.  Larry Fitz is the nicest guy but he is not being paid any extra money because he is nice; Jerry Jones personally loved Dez but he was still released.  The team is going to determine if they want the player and then pay the player what they think his production is worth.  I think that gets lost on many who give too much weight to personality and behavioral traits in terms of value.

This NFL is a business not a game. The NFL has a history of employing unsavory characters for their talent and the NFL and it's teams have a history of screwing over players too. 

There is a reason AB and Bell want out of Pitt and fundamentally it centers around money and reading the tea leaves it also seems to be trust issues with management. Bell sat out and left $15mm on the table and AB publicly said he wanted out. What we don't know is what happened behind closed doors before their choices became public. What I see is a record of years of on field job performance that outweighs the soap opera PR campaigns.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 7:59 PM, Savatage79 said:

In an interview with ESPN, Antonio Brown said, "I don't even have to play football."

funny, i say the same thing about fantasy football every season... but i keep coming back...

AB's 14 receptions / 185 yards / 2 TDs in week 16 won me a championship... he will rise again. and maybe you can change your avatar back to AB, just won't be in black-and-gold.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXSQValGxtLY1IHi0vIXX