Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, elroypedro said:

 

Touched on his trade value being down, how long I’m thinking he stays relevant as a WR1 for 2+- more years, that he could go to SF as a great landing spot and that JG could help him stay a WR1 especially if that desire to prove he wasn’t just a product of the Pitt scheme is there in him, and that AB could positively affect Pettis. These are all relevant points added to his thread, whereas your post was trolling directed at me, added nothing of consequence, and was just a shallow attempt to make the thread all about you. 

 

No. The post he quoted was a straight-up CSB post. No one itt cares about your dynasty roster, how many titles you’ve won, or what you think you can get for them in a trade. There was a time when there were enough mods and that thread would’t have lasted the evening, much less more than a day. It’s cool. Many of us have had our CSB moments in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gohawks said:

He’s going to go to some bad franchise that’s desperate to get fans in seats.

Stop assuming NFL franchises use logic or rationale to make decisions. He'll just as likely go to a team that doesn't need him, can't afford him and is worse off with him.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

 

No. The post he quoted was a straight-up CSB post. No one itt cares about your dynasty roster, how many titles you’ve won, or what you think you can get for them in a trade. There was a time when there were enough mods and that thread would’t have lasted the evening, much less more than a day. It’s cool. Many of us have had our CSB moments in the past. 

This is a ridiculous take. I post one of the more relevant posts in the entire thread, as well as several other informative ones, and trolls come out to get this thread to be all about them. “CSB”? Are you 13? No adult uses such incredibly juvenile and stupid phrases in place of actual thoughtful dialogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

This is a ridiculous take. I post one of the more relevant posts in the entire thread, as well as several other informative ones, and trolls come out to get this thread to be all about them. “CSB”? Are you 13? No adult uses such incredibly juvenile and stupid phrases in place of actual thoughtful dialogue.

Hey Elroy, welcome to the forum, and thanks for a good post in the Derrius Guice thread.

 

Flyman was not attacking you, he was explaining the usual thinking in this board, which is to avoid long stories about your own team which are not directly relevant to the players.

 

Mods enforce this quite strictly; they also frown for instance on questions they feel belong in the AC forum.

 

Every forum has its written and unwritten rules; here a simple "CSB" is not an insult worth fighting over in 3 different threads, but just a simple reminder of these customs. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are treading into dangerous territory.  I do agree that sometimes there can be what appears to be inconsistent standards at work.  But I can also point you towards African-American players who are pillars of the league and are treated by all with reverence and respect.  Jerry Rice, Marshall Faulk, Alan Page, those types of guys.  They were pros on and off the field.  Antonio Brown is not in their galaxy, despite putting up gaudy numbers in a pass-happy era.  For one thing, Brown has never won anything.  And he acts like a turd, same as Le'Veon Bell.

 

As for Sherman, a lot of NFL observers seem to hate his guts, but Sherman has never quit on his team or focused only on his own performance like Brown has.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

Only if he's white. Then he has "passion, fire...I love that guy" (i.e.  Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Rivers).

 

I didnt think sherman was anything like those QBs.

 

12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

We are treading into dangerous territory.  I do agree that sometimes there can be what appears to be inconsistent standards at work.  But I can also point you towards African-American players who are pillars of the league and are treated by all with reverence and respect.  Jerry Rice, Marshall Faulk, Alan Page, those types of guys.  They were pros on and off the field.  Antonio Brown is not in their galaxy, despite putting up gaudy numbers in a pass-happy era.  For one thing, Brown has never won anything.  And he acts like a turd, same as Le'Veon Bell.

 

As for Sherman, a lot of NFL observers seem to hate his guts, but Sherman has never quit on his team or focused only on his own performance like Brown has.

Acting like a turd, is that just from throwing a football at ben? i feel like the steelers struggles are not from Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

As for Sherman, a lot of NFL observers seem to hate his guts, but Sherman has never quit on his team or focused only on his own performance like Brown has.

All in all, great post, sensitive to the problems and reasonable.

 

I think Sherman is a great example. Love him or hate him, but all of us want him in our real life team because this is such a fierce competitor. Brown... You have to think he needs a really strong coach.

 

Anyway. It's only January, but we have to take into account from a fantasy perspective:

- how do you rate him for fantasy if he stays at the Steelers? I think it would make him second round, borderline first.

- how do you rate him at a different team? This will fully depend on the team, their philosophy, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

All in all, great post, sensitive to the problems and reasonable.

 

I think Sherman is a great example. Love him or hate him, but all of us want him in our real life team because this is such a fierce competitor. Brown... You have to think he needs a really strong coach.

 

Anyway. It's only January, but we have to take into account from a fantasy perspective:

- how do you rate him for fantasy if he stays at the Steelers? I think it would make him second round, borderline first.

- how do you rate him at a different team? This will fully depend on the team, their philosophy, etc.

Great post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

All in all, great post, sensitive to the problems and reasonable.

 

I think Sherman is a great example. Love him or hate him, but all of us want him in our real life team because this is such a fierce competitor. Brown... You have to think he needs a really strong coach.

 

Anyway. It's only January, but we have to take into account from a fantasy perspective:

- how do you rate him for fantasy if he stays at the Steelers? I think it would make him second round, borderline first.

- how do you rate him at a different team? This will fully depend on the team, their philosophy, etc.

Brown is absolutely, positively, 100% DND for me, whether he stays on the Steelers or is traded elsewhere.  The dude is emotionally unstable at best, and mentally ill at worst.  He is one blowup away from a team benching or suspension, at all times going forward.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Brown is absolutely, positively, 100% DND for me, whether he stays on the Steelers or is traded elsewhere.  The dude is emotionally unstable at best, and mentally ill at worst.  He is one blowup away from a team benching or suspension, at all times going forward.

If he can make up with the Steelers, I don't consider him DND, but I'm not paying full price. To be clear, above I mentioned ADP, not what I'll pay.

 

If he ends up with Belichick, would you still avoid him? Not saying that's a reasonable destination, just a thought experiment with a strong coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

If he can make up with the Steelers, I don't consider him DND, but I'm not paying full price. To be clear, above I mentioned ADP, not what I'll pay.

 

If he ends up with Belichick, would you still avoid him? Not saying that's a reasonable destination, just a thought experiment with a strong coach.

That is probably the one situation where I could see it working, but the downside to Brown signing with the Pats is that his price to acquire in fantasy would skyrocket. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, elroypedro said:

This is a ridiculous take. I post one of the more relevant posts in the entire thread, as well as several other informative ones, and trolls come out to get this thread to be all about them. “CSB”? Are you 13? No adult uses such incredibly juvenile and stupid phrases in place of actual thoughtful dialogue.

 

Listen, I was not attacking you. You can think that “CSB” is juvenile, but it’s how we keep posters from overloading this forum with info about their teams. To say no one cares about your roster is not an attack or offensive. It’s just the truth, and I was corrected by other posters and mods when I was new to the forum, too. I guess you think otherwise, but listing your roster and telling us how many titles you won is absolutely IRrelevant to this thread and this forum. It is not relevant at all. 

 

It’s not trolling. It’s a normal thing on these RW forums for guys to point out when CSB posts are made. Normally, the mods will go through deleting CSB posts or editing the CSB portions out of posts, but I think there is a shortage of mods or something. Do CSB posts slip through? Sure. Are many of us guilty, even as veteran posters? Sure. 

 

Welcome to the forums and don’t get so bent out of shape. If you do, the actual trolls will find you and torture you. Lol. It’s all good man. Welcome to these forums. They’re great, and I’m grateful for having found them. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, elroypedro said:

This is a ridiculous take. I post one of the more relevant posts in the entire thread, as well as several other informative ones, and trolls come out to get this thread to be all about them. “CSB”? Are you 13? No adult uses such incredibly juvenile and stupid phrases in place of actual thoughtful dialogue.

 

CSB.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LuckBox1 said:

 

CSB.

 

Beat me to it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...(CSB)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

That is probably the one situation where I could see it working, but the downside to Brown signing with the Pats is that his price to acquire in fantasy would skyrocket. 


Brady's skills already seem in decline (not PFM in his last few games level of decline, but still declining) so I'm unsure if I'd pay the sticker price for AB on the Pats either.  No, I'm not saying TB is no longer a quality NFL starter but the cliff could be coming at any point and he could completely crater any skill player on the team around him.  One place where I could see him panning out and having a positive return would be DET with a bet that Stafford would fixate on him and the change in OC would revive the Lions offense.  They have cap room also (around $36mm). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now RW is blurbing that Denver may try to trade for Brown.  I would love it!  See how much success you can have catching wobblers from Case Keenum, ANTONIO.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From NFL.com ....

 

 

Among the teams that might be interested, based on salary cap space, are the Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers and, perhaps leading the way, the Denver Broncos, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday on NFL Game Day Morning. No matter who the suitor is, the asking price is believed to be a second-round pick and more with the Steelers now potentially not just listening to offers, but seeking them.

 

"I am told to keep an eye on the Denver Broncos," Rapoport said. "They may be one of the teams plotting a run at Antonio Brown."

 

Hence, after initially making it known they be open to exploring trade offers, Rapoport said the Steelers could be proactive in exploring the market.

 

"Now they may actually seek them. They may go out and say, 'What could you possibly give us for one of the game's premier receiver?'" Rapoport said. "The consensus is they could probably get a second-rounder-plus, maybe a second-rounder and third-rounder, probably not the [first-round pick] that the Cowboys got for Amari Cooper, but this is one of the best players in the NFL, so at the very least they should be able to get significant return."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now RW is blurbing that Denver may try to trade for Brown.  I would love it!  See how much success you can have catching wobblers from Case Keenum, ANTONIO.

Keenum did just fine feeding Sanders.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what? why? I don't believe any of that. He would be way too expensive and we're already trying to offload old WRs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

what? why? I don't believe any of that. He would be way too expensive and we're already trying to offload old WRs

Wouldn't hurt. The weapons around Keenum suck besides Sanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

Green bay

Would we see Adams and Brown both getting 160 targets? I think that could work actually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 10:02 AM, devaster said:

Sherman was one of the best CB's this season. Is a player not allowed to voice opinion and intelligence without being labeled selfish, egotistical, and a diva?

Richard Sherman single handily tore a mini dynasty apart.  He couldn’t get over doing what no teams hardly ever do and that’s repeating as Super Bowl champs.  Sure, play call at 1 was rough (they wouldn’t of run it in if they had 10 downs because Tom Cable lines can’t power block even if you have Lynch), but for record let’s just say it’s a bad play call.  Name me one other player who’s lost a super bowl who screamed at offensive and defensive play callers on sideline?  Frank Clark said this year after beating 49ers it’s been nice not having to hear people bitch about the super bowl loss anymore.  This club had a SB.  And only reason it went to s*** is because the Seahawks paid him, and countless others for what THEY DID DO and not what they will do.  Kam was done. Should of never extended.  Should of traded Earl in offseason or year before.  He’s a malcontent.  And he’s the sole reason this club had to tear it down.  

 

And sure enough in year one without his curmudgeon a**, a team nobody expected to do anything won 10 games and made playoffs.  Loser teams like 49ers can have Browns and Sherman’s of world when their primes are over.  Still good players, very good, but you can get by without the drama.  Guarantee you Steelers are much better next year after getting all these curmudgeons off roster.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Richard Sherman single handily tore a mini dynasty apart.  He couldn’t get over doing what no teams hardly ever do and that’s repeating as Super Bowl champs.  Sure, play call at 1 was rough (they wouldn’t of run it in if they had 10 downs because Tom Cable lines can’t power block even if you have Lynch), but for record let’s just say it’s a bad play call.  Name me one other player who’s lost a super bowl who screamed at offensive and defensive play callers on sideline?  Frank Clark said this year after beating 49ers it’s been nice not having to hear people bitch about the super bowl loss anymore.  This club had a SB.  And only reason it went to s*** is because the Seahawks paid him, and countless others for what THEY DID DO and not what they will do.  Kam was done. Should of never extended.  Should of traded Earl in offseason or year before.  He’s a malcontent.  And he’s the sole reason this club had to tear it down.  

 

And sure enough in year one without his curmudgeon a**, a team nobody expected to do anything won 10 games and made playoffs.  Loser teams like 49ers can have Browns and Sherman’s of world when their primes are over.  Still good players, very good, but you can get by without the drama.  Guarantee you Steelers are much better next year after getting all these curmudgeons off roster.

 

Sherman didn't choose to throw it from the one. That's what tore SEA apart. 

 

And you're not a dynasty unless you've won at least 3 rings. 

 

Haters gonna hate. Good luck with that PIT call...no chance are they better given all the coaching and good players they'll be without next year; if they had paid Bell, they'd be in the AFC title game instead of out of the playoffs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol what? Sherman is responsible for the Seahawks dynasty falling apart? Kam had to retire due to injury. ET has had trouble with health in recent seasons. Lynch retired because of the playcall. The reason the Seahawks dynasty fell apart is because they haven't been as successful drafting since they netted a bunch of All-Pros in 1 or 2 drafts and many being late rounders. Dynasties are only sustainable with a good front office and coaching staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.