Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CooL said:

??? It says that he breached the contract and didn't even allow the chef to retrieve his equipment or food.  And that the chef was told "not to make eye contact" as he left the house.  Huh?  AB is just a diva who thinks he's one of the most admired and most important people on this planet.  38K is chump change to him.  If you're going to invite 50 of your closest NFL Pro Bowl teammates to your house and hire a private chef and have a lavish party because you want to show off, then just PAY THE MAN and don't be an a$$hole.

I wouldn't judge this until you heard both sides.  I bet a lot of people out there assumed Tyreek Hill was guilty when that news came out too.

Edited by Brownsfan74

Posted (edited)

Just when you thought it was safe to get Brown back in his rightful place at a top 10 receiver, what the hell will happen now? His new helmet is banned as well. Hopefully, he leaves the diva at home and just picks a new helmet.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-new-helmet-reportedly-fails-nfl-testing-cannot-be-worn-in-2019/

Edited by nonstopfan

He's an absolute steal. Jesus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Just when you thought it was safe to get Brown back in his rightful place at a top 10 receiver, what the hell will happen now? His new helmet is banned as well. Hopefully, he leaves the diva at home and just picks a new helmet.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-new-helmet-reportedly-fails-nfl-testing-cannot-be-worn-in-2019/

His new helmet was the same model as the old one. Just manufactured less than 10 years ago. I guess it depends on the NFL's rule for helmets. I thought it was previously that helmets older than 10 years couldn't be used. But it may be the model as well. I think this goes back to arbitration again. Lawyers will handle that.

• Thanks 1

Can't fault him for trying to find a loophole. Impressive honestly. His persistence in wearing his beloved helmet model is adorable.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, devaster said:

Can't fault him for trying to find a loophole. Impressive honestly. His persistence in wearing his beloved helmet model is adorable.

Almost as adorable as your steadfast commitment to defend him from all attacks 😝 

Best thing an AB drafter can do is trade this ticking time bomb before it explodes in your face.   

"Brown was spotted running routes, cutting, and sprinting prior to Oakland's preseason game Thursday and should return to the field soon, but the (numerous) red flags surrounding his availability and performance remain transparent. He's an obvious fade in the early rounds of fantasy drafts despite his glowing resume'

*Drafts Antonio Brown in the "early rounds" everywhere*

Who wrote this Evan Silva

• Like 1

I dont understand how he can claim racial prejudice on this. Its not like theyre letting the white players have some seperate but equal helmet.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2019 at 1:26 PM, floppy said:

last few pages have been nonsense it seems.. anyone think hes worth a pick in the middle of the 2nd round.. maybe before keenan but after evans type range? all of the crazy s--- going around is dropping his "value"

I definitely do, I have been drafting 2nd overall and he is constantly there at 23. I like him for the following reasons:

1. They are projected to have the worse defense in the nfl, which will lead to ALOT of garbage time. 

2. He has NO competition for targets, except maybe Williams, who is talented enough to draw some attention. 160 targets minimum IMO.

3. Carr throws a great deep ball and was a pro bowler not long ago.

4. Schedule looks pretty good shoot out wise: Chiefs week 2, Colt-4, Packers-7, Texans-8, Chargers-10, Chiefs 13, Chargers 16.

5. Getting paid huge money and if youve been watching hard knocks it is obvious they are centering their entire offense around him. 

6. Claims to want to beat all of jerry rices records:

"My goal really is to catch Jerry Rice," Brown said when a reporter asked about Brown's career longevity. "Playing with a guy like coach Gruden, obviously he knows what it takes to keep me upright and fresh and keep me out there for a long time.

Downsides

1. They have a VERY TOUGH schedule and I CAN see them maybe getting 5 wins. Will he pack it in?

2. TDs will be hard to come by.

My projections

105 catches. 170 targets. 62% catch. 1,375 yards. 8 tds. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 2:01 PM, Brownsfan74 said:

I wouldn't judge this until you heard both sides.  I bet a lot of people out there assumed Tyreek Hill was guilty when that news came out too.

I’m pretty sure a lot of people still think Tyreek is/was guilty but he is lucky that there was no conclusive evidence.

I don’t recall AB being labeled as crazy in year’s past. Sure, he was called a diva. But I don’t ever recall questioning whether his brain was working or if he has CTE. He’s certainly bringing the drama for Hard Knocks this season.

12 minutes ago, CooL said:

I’m pretty sure a lot of people still think Tyreek is/was guilty but he is lucky that there was no conclusive evidence.

I don’t recall AB being labeled as crazy in year’s past. Sure, he was called a diva. But I don’t ever recall questioning whether his brain was working or if he has CTE. He’s certainly bringing the drama for Hard Knocks this season.

Ya it’s all pretend for the cameras.   once the losing starts he’ll be your golden ticket 🎫 

5 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Almost as adorable as your steadfast commitment to defend him from all attacks 😝 

Best thing an AB drafter can do is trade this ticking time bomb before it explodes in your face.   

I'm defending all the nonsense that won't impact his on the field play and fantasy performance.

5 hours ago, itslarry said:

I dont understand how he can claim racial prejudice on this. Its not like theyre letting the white players have some seperate but equal helmet.

The race card is the ultimate weapon. No seriously it is. 

37 minutes ago, ginocan said:

The race card is the ultimate weapon. No seriously it is. 

The race card used to be relevant.  It’s been transformed into the last refuge for those who are incapable of piecing together a rational position.  Case in point with Brown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bronco Billy said:

The race card used to be relevant.  It’s been transformed into the last refuge for those who are incapable of piecing together a rational position.  Case in point with Brown.

Don't be fooled by the tiny few who may try to manipulate it and use it to their advantage. The race card is still relevant.

The Mike Mayock speech this morning should be the kiss of death to anyone thinking of taking him in the 2nd (I would also say 3rd) round. Let someone else draft the drama. Who was that Buffalo corner that quit at halftime last year? That is well within range of possible outcomes.

• Like 1

easily the biggest turd in the history of football. f**k this guy

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Lmao love it... I knew it would happen, cept hell I at least thought this walking pos would've at least started drama during the season on the sidelines. All along people seemed to think Ben was the bad guy and that the steelers were the bad guys, this Is great... Shows what type of diva garbage dump he really is. 

Edited by Savatage79
  • Like 1

Holy crap LMFAO-

• Antonio Brown is not practicing because of his helmet.

Raiders GM Mike Mayock said while the team supports Brown, they've "exhausted" all options regarding his helmet and that they need to know if Brown is "all in or all out." The Raiders have to be extremely frustrated with the situation, but Brown has been as unpredictable as it gets for years. Mayock is hopeful that Brown will be back with the team by Week 1 but did not guarantee that would happen. It's worth noting that the Raiders believe Brown's feet are healthy enough to practice fully, so it's just a matter of when, and if, Brown wants to suit up. Stay tuned.

Aug 18, 2019, 6:06 PM ET

•  

The problem appears to be that Brown custom made his helmet to fit a dickhead and the NFL helmets don't fit a dickhead the same as a normal NFL player.

• Haha 2