Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

7 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I definitely do, I have been drafting 2nd overall and he is constantly there at 23. I like him for the following reasons:

1. They are projected to have the worse defense in the nfl, which will lead to ALOT of garbage time. 

2. He has NO competition for targets, except maybe Williams, who is talented enough to draw some attention. 160 targets minimum IMO.

3. Carr throws a great deep ball and was a pro bowler not long ago.

4. Schedule looks pretty good shoot out wise: Chiefs week 2, Colt-4, Packers-7, Texans-8, Chargers-10, Chiefs 13, Chargers 16.

5. Getting paid huge money and if youve been watching hard knocks it is obvious they are centering their entire offense around him. 

6. Claims to want to beat all of jerry rices records:

"My goal really is to catch Jerry Rice," Brown said when a reporter asked about Brown's career longevity. "Playing with a guy like coach Gruden, obviously he knows what it takes to keep me upright and fresh and keep me out there for a long time.

Downsides

1. They have a VERY TOUGH schedule and I CAN see them maybe getting 5 wins. Will he pack it in?

2. TDs will be hard to come by.

My projections

105 catches. 170 targets. 62% catch. 1,375 yards. 8 tds. 

U forgot 1 downside.  🐜 effing CraCra

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe he will retire and wear whatever the hell he wants. This is kinda like if a pro egamer refused to play video game because they don't let him use his specific old mouse but only the mouse available at the tournament. LOL.

50 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Just let him wear this and be done

EB25fIXWsAIgOc6.jpg

Midseason form...nicely done! 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Maybe he will retire and wear whatever the hell he wants. This is kinda like if a pro egamer refused to play video game because they don't let him use his specific old mouse but only the mouse available at the tournament. LOL.

What a terrible analogy. They bring their own gear for a reason. It isn't easy to adapt to different mice/keyboards.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Except in that analogy the new mouse would protect better against concussions and CTE. That's a quite important point and the reason the league will not cave.

Edited by Boudewijn

Bravo to Mike Mayock for finally standing up & saying enough is enough.  Somebody has to be the adult & get him in line.  Pittsburgh's management has to be glad they aren't dealing with his drama anymore, even though they allowed it to start

• Like 1

Im fading this diva no thanks, in his 30s , s---y offense and QB. Plus he's a short receiver , those never age well . Brown is elite because of route running, timing, and good hands. Body frame wise he's a normal dude 5'10 186 lbs . If he misses even 1 step , it will be detrimental to his production , let alone freaking Carr will be throwing him the ball. On Volume alone he will be ok , so expect a lot of receptions. But a low TD count and yardage. That's my take on Mr. Big Chest

If AB does indeed decide to quit, I hope he does so in the middle of a game, and exits the stadium via hot air balloon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

If AB does indeed decide to quit, I hope he does so in the middle of a game, and exits the stadium via hot air balloon. 

Classic AB

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

And blaring Sinatra’s, My Way on a big golden jambox

Edited by K197040
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, devaster said:

What a terrible analogy. They bring their own gear for a reason. It isn't easy to adapt to different mice/keyboards.

200.webp?cid=790b7611c0632ca9fd60c1e1539

At first I laughed and thought it was AB being AB but maybe he has a point here.  You mean to tell me the helmet he was using and provided with all these years was considered unsafe and dangerous to use.   Did he suffer from any concussions in that time?  If so, is there a potential lawsuit coming on for the league having him used in what they are calling completely unsafe helmets?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, marlin said:

Did he suffer from any concussions in that time?  

Yes.   He almost died in that helmet.   #Burfict

Ahh yea

3 hours ago, devaster said:

You right, I was a bit off on that.

Anyhow, if AB is going to retire, he should start a game and then once he *assuming* catches a touchdown run out of the stadium with it in stride, get in the car and bam announce retirement.

• Like 1

It's a shame a player of this talent cannot be a professional. 

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

It's a shame a player of this talent cannot be a professional. 

That's life in a nutshell, except my stoner friends don't have millions to fall back on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Bravo to Mike Mayock for finally standing up & saying enough is enough.

He's going to have to consult his "best available" list soon.

On 8/12/2019 at 5:11 PM, devaster said:

Much ado about nothing. Fantasy owners are even more crazy than AB.

How do you feel about this now? Lol

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

How do you feel about this now? Lol

Until he isn't on the field week 1 nothing has changed for me. If anything it is dropping him down the draft board, which is fine with me.

• Haha 1

I'd love to see him wear Dark Helmet.

Seriously, I'd love to see him due a "blind taste test" of 100 helmets.  Blindfold him, put a helmet on his head, then take off the blindfold.  Then really let him tell you if his vision is obstructed, etc.  Sure, some helmets will be easy to determine for him that it's not his - the facemask is different, etc.  Some will say, that's silly, he's a professional who has worn one helmet his whole career and he will be able to tell immediately.  Well, then, prove it and let's see.

Dark_Helmet.jpg

• Like 1

Media is making AB more of a circus than any of his situations have really been. /yawn