Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

Raiders look like they have had enough of this and are probably looking at recouping that 30 million as top priority. AB obviously needs some mental help and i sure hope he gets it. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

yes Brown is at fault, but rookie GM Mayock isn't helping situation.some players you have to deal with differently see Parcells and TO.

Children need to be punished. 

• Like 2

Good for the Raiders.  This clown wants to bitch about $13k practice fines let him miss a few game checks / guarantees / bonus dough.  No player is above the team!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Raiders look like they have had enough of this and are probably looking at recouping that 30 million as top priority. AB obviously needs some mental help and i sure hope he gets it. 

Cranial cryotherapy

I wonder if this was a Latrell Sprewell/PJ Carlesimo incident. 

AB is bonkers!

Well there’s always 2020. It’s almost been 20 years I suppose I can wait a little longer 

Am I the only one that thinks Mayock is looking more absurd than AB at this point?  I guess broadcasting wasn't the best preparation for being GM after all...

5 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

yes Brown is at fault, but rookie GM Mayock isn't helping situation.some players you have to deal with differently see Parcells and TO.

dude AB literally seems incapable of getting along with ANYONE. Only fault of Mayock, is taking the risk of signing him in the first place, which is excusable because he is an insane talent, but the guy is about to burn every bridge out there if he doesn't get his head right. 

• Thanks 1

Helmet, Foot and Mouth Disease: An extremely rare illness found in (NFL) wide receivers characterized by frost bite on the feet, limited cognitive capacity to follow standardized rules and/or behaviors, and a propensity for destructive tendencies.

When To See Doctor: Immediately

Reference

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

AB obviously has some issues to work through. Funny how 10 years younger, JuJu seems ages ahead in terms of maturity.

You can be disgruntled with the game, with the league, or with your team, and still dominate and be professional.

Image result for calvin johnson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Am I the only one that thinks Mayock is looking more absurd than AB at this point?  I guess broadcasting wasn't the best preparation for being GM after all...

Hopefully. I LOVE what mayock is doing and I’ve always loved his football takes.

As a Steelers fan this is the gift that just keeps on giving

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

I love that he's not putting up with AB's crap. Gruden on other hand looks like an AB panty sniffer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, devaster said:

End of the 3rd is highway robbery.

Is it though? Is it? 

8 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

and what happened with TO in Philly?

13 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'm not sure that sitting a quarter is a suspension.  I'd think they wouldn't announce "suspension" and then just sit him out for the quarter.  This seems more than that.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders are planning on suspending Antonio Brown.

GM Mike Mayock reportedly "got into it" with AB on Wednesday and the team is now planning to suspend their star receiver. The news is the cherry on top of a completely wild offseason from Brown and not terribly surprising considering his public disapproval to being fined for missing practice. It's unclear if the suspension will be for multiple games or perhaps just a portion of the Raiders' Week 1 matchup against the Broncos. Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow and J.J. Nelson are expected to fill out 3-WR sets during AB's absence, while TE Darren Waller could also see an enhanced role.

4 minutes ago, Ragnaroker said:

AB obviously has some issues to work through. Funny how 10 years younger, JuJu seems ages ahead in terms of maturity.

You can be disgruntled with the game, with the league, or with your team, and still dominate and be professional.

Image result for calvin johnson

I'd make that trade proposal to the Lions if I were the Raiders. 🤣

1 minute ago, jccouger said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders are planning on suspending Antonio Brown.

GM Mike Mayock reportedly "got into it" with AB on Wednesday and the team is now planning to suspend their star receiver. The news is the cherry on top of a completely wild offseason from Brown and not terribly surprising considering his public disapproval to being fined for missing practice. It's unclear if the suspension will be for multiple games or perhaps just a portion of the Raiders' Week 1 matchup against the Broncos. Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow and J.J. Nelson are expected to fill out 3-WR sets during AB's absence, while TE Darren Waller could also see an enhanced role.

Imo, it'd be a pretty weak message to announce suspension and then sit him for a portion of a game.

We'll see.  I think it's clear what they meant by it.   But given that it's the Raiders, they may decide to back off.