Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Fair enough. Even though I disagree to an extent in that I think we just have to wait and see what happens when the games start, I appreciate you supporting your view with evidence.

I think everyone is gonna regret not drafting the greatest WR since Randy Moss in the late 2nd/early 3rd just because of a lot of media drama. A lot of people talk about buying low and selling high, but when the time to buy low actually comes, they're scared to pull the trigger lol. 

Good luck this year though

My apprehension against drafting AB at that position has everything to do with lack of faith in the Raiders organization and Derek Carr and absolutely nothing to do with AB's talent.  He's undoubtedly a steal at that spot but I owned Amari Cooper last year and Carr was just absolutely awful at getting him the ball before they traded him.  There were games where Amari Cooper just completely disappeared and people were bashing Cooper to no end saying that he sucked and couldn't get separation or run routes.  In reality, Carr was just missing him on most of his wide open routes (I found game tape analysis).  I found out Cooper's actually one of the top receivers in the league in getting yards separation per route run.  He then went to Dallas and lit up the rest of the season.

Edited by skye2388
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Fair enough. Even though I disagree to an extent in that I think we just have to wait and see what happens when the games start, I appreciate you supporting your view with evidence.

I think everyone is gonna regret not drafting the greatest WR since Randy Moss in the late 2nd/early 3rd just because of a lot of media drama. A lot of people talk about buying low and selling high, but when the time to buy low actually comes, they're scared to pull the trigger lol. 

Co-signed. The last 6 years averaged over 110 catches, 1500 yards and 11 TDs. Worst standard finish was WR3. And that entire time he was probably a royal pain in the butt for everyone who had to deal with him. The Raiders have already demonstrated their commitment to getting this 1st ballot HOF superstar onto the field. It's going to take a lot more than a no-fight and some cracker crack to make them give him up.

19 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Didn’t Moss ball out with this team?

38 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

My apprehension against drafting AB at that position has everything to do with lack of faith in the Raiders organization and Derek Carr and absolutely nothing to do with AB's talent.  He's undoubtedly a steal at that spot but I owned Amari Cooper last year and Carr was just absolutely awful at getting him the ball before they traded him.  There were games where Amari Cooper just completely disappeared and people were bashing Cooper to no end saying that he sucked and couldn't get separation or run routes.  In reality, Carr was just missing him on most of his wide open routes (I found game tape analysis).  I found out Cooper's actually one of the top receivers in the league in getting yards separation per route run.  He then went to Dallas and lit up the rest of the season.

That's actually false. Cooper had two great games out of seven. The rest he sucked in. Situations don't compare. 

6 hours ago, TTo34 said:

I still fully expect Mayock to send AB a letter fining him for punting the football yesterday.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, skye2388 said:

If Cooper and Crabtree had multiple years of fantasy relevance with Carr I am not worried about AB with Carr. He is unlikely to match his Pittsburgh numbers (then again we saw Marshall beast with Fitzpatrick in 2015 so you never know) but he should be a clear WR1 when (if?) he plays.

Anybody know the exact time when the Raiders announced Brown was not going to be suspended 

A league I am has erupted a crazed owner freaked out traded AB for peanuts. The LM veto’d. The guy who traded AB said he thought he hit the deny button but he didn’t tell anybody until six hours later ... the guy who got AB wants to keep him. Lol 

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Anybody know the exact time when the Raiders announced Brown was not going to be suspended 

A league I am has erupted a crazed owner freaked out traded AB for peanuts. The LM veto’d. The guy who traded AB said he thought he hit the deny button but he didn’t tell anybody until six hours later ... the guy who got AB wants to keep him. Lol 

Was out of the loop all day today. Was this officially announced? So he is playing week 1?

1 minute ago, jayhova123 said:

Was out of the loop all day today. Was this officially announced? So he is playing week 1?

Yes, Gruden announced he is playing Monday after he apologized to the team today. No suspension.

5 minutes ago, gufomel said:

What a freaking drama queen.

• Haha 1

Wow that video 

Did he record Gruden without his knowledge?

13 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I have no idea what to make of this and neither does anyone on Twitter it seems. The video ends something like “I’m more than a football player. This ain’t about the football. This is my life. Ain’t no more games”. No more football? No more messing around?

This was professionally edited. It contains private conversations with Gruden. Is it produced by the Raiders? Or by Brown on his own? He’s done with the Raiders if this is on his own. 

Edited by gufomel

If AB taped Gruden and put that out without his permission this wild. 

• Like 3

Where is everyone in this thread? Must be worn out from the last couple days.

It'd be hard for me to believe the Raiders/Gruden/etc. gave him a thumbs up to release this. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rex_bulkhead said:

It's going to take a lot more than a no-fight and some cracker crack to make them give him up.

This take aged poorly after one whole hour. Strap yourselves in kids, the rollercoaster is picking up momentum again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dms80790 said:

On no planet, in no universe, and in no dimension is Brown greater than Calvin Johnson. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1