FantasyGuru24

Travis Kelce 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Kelce wasn't killing it before, so I actually don't see this affecting his production much. The problem is I think most were expecting an uptick to come any week now and that's gone. 

He is on the exact same yardage pace as last year, just less TDs

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, BurgundyBooger said:

I can see Kelce's numbers going up, actually.

yea...44 yards at a time

I am and owner full disclosure. However, its not like reid is going to change (up-tempo) and their schedule is competitive the next 3 weeks and at 5-2, they are still vulnerable in the division. So you have matt moore who came a noncompetitive game with no time practicing with the first team on a short week and still targeted kelce 4 times.Tyreke has to  be respected with safety help. This will lead to kelce getting tons of catches and targets underneath. I see a lot of 9-13 catch games and double digit target games from moore. 

TLDR: Kelce is going to start getting a monster amount of catches and will still be a top 3 TE difference maker. I see a ERTZ 2018 stat lines coming in. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

yea...44 yards at a time

he had 52 with Mahomes against the texans. 

1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

BEAST

were did I imply that? I meant his floor doesn't seem much different than with Mahomes. His yardage total is still pretty decent overall but missing some TDs

6 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

His yardage total is still pretty decent overall but missing ALL TDs

ftfy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

were did I imply that? I meant his floor doesn't seem much different than with Mahomes. His yardage total is still pretty decent overall but missing some TDs

hes missing ALOT of tds though.  thats what everyone drafted him in the 2nd round for 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

What is the expectation with him tonight ? Does GB just double cover him and win 

Tyreek Hill owners say, "yes please."

• Haha 1

It's Week 8, and Jonnu Smith has as many touchdowns as Travis Kelce.

Could have put up 3 tds this week, one ball was grossly overthrown, he almost got the other one moore put high but it slipped through his hands. Also saw how much tyreek being back helps Kelce when he is doubled almost every play and seeing 3 guys on him in the end zone.

Definitely should’ve caught that ball in the end zone. Don’t know what’s going on with him but his hands have been suspect this year 

2 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Definitely should’ve caught that ball in the end zone. Don’t know what’s going on with him but his hands have been suspect this year 

Lol, Moore fired it over his head and kelce was triple covered. He finger tip it, but that was an insanely tough catch. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1

If you have another option at tight-end this week, I highly recommend you use it, especially in standard leagues.  The Chargers ALWAYS contain Travis Kelce.  ALWAYS.  Ten games played against them and ZERO touchdowns.

Here are the yardage numbers:

2014 -- 4 for 33 and 7 for 84

2015 -- 5 for 46 and 3 for 18

2016 -- 6 for 74 and 1 for 8

2017 -- 1 for 1 and 6 for 46

2018 -- 1 for 6 and 7 for 61

1 minute ago, Bastardo! said:

If you have another option at tight-end this week, I highly recommend you use it, especially in standard leagues.  The Chargers ALWAYS contain Travis Kelce.  ALWAYS.  Ten games played against them and ZERO touchdowns.

I put no merit into stats like these. 

Different team every year. It means nothing unless everything is entirely the same. 

I am gonna put my faith into Mahomes to get him the ball. Too many weapons on this offense to try and strictly take Kelce out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

I put no merit into stats like these. 

Different team every year. It means nothing unless everything is entirely the same. 

I am gonna put my faith into Mahomes to get him the ball. Too many weapons on this offense to try and strictly take Kelce out. 

That's what I thought last year.  It'll be different with Mahomes, but no.  And it's not like we're talking about a small sample size here.

10 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Nobody is benching Kelce period. 

• Like 1

Just now, xSouthWESTx said:

Nobody is benching Kelce period. 

With Hooper and Kittle hurt, probably not.  But I have Kelce and Waller, and Waller is facing the Bengals . . .

8 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

With Hooper and Kittle hurt, probably not.  But I have Kelce and Waller, and Waller is facing the Bengals . . .

This is the definition of overthinking. 

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

This is the definition of overthinking. 

Well, if you spend time on a fantasy football message board, researching information on players, you are almost certainly, like me, an "overthinker."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Waller is on a streak of bad games. 

Kelce just had a good game and has Mahomes (not Carr) throwing to him. 

It's pretty obvious who has the higher upside. You can't bench Kelce based on past results. He's a top 3 TE. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Waller is on a streak of bad games. 

Kelce just had a good game and has Mahomes (not Carr) throwing to him. 

It's pretty obvious who has the higher upside. You can't bench Kelce based on past results. He's a top 3 TE. 

Honestly, though, you're right.  Won't be surprised if he goes 2 for 18 though.  In all sports, there are just some players who always struggle against certain teams throughout their careers, and it often seems inexplicable.

Edited by Bastardo!