Sign in to follow this  
Boudewijn

DeAndre Hopkins 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, Castavar said:

People going to learn sooner or later. Bradberry is quietly KILLING it to start this season. He looks like a legit elite shutdown corner. DO NOT start your WRs against Bradberry.

Unless it's Chris Godwin with a bad hip.

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Unless it's Chris Godwin with a bad hip.

He wasn’t on Godwin when the played. He shut down Mike Evans in that game.

Edited by LionKid90
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

He wasn’t on Godwin when the played. He shut down Mike Evans in that game.

I was joking. Cause Godwin went from nearly not playing with a bad hip in a brutal matchup to being the BEASTROS GOAT BROSEF. You know more than me without a doubt. Mods will delete this like they delete 33% of all my posts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rickydragon said:

This is 2016 is all over again.  

ironically last time I drafted him in the 1st round lol

15 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

ironically last time I drafted him in the 1st round lol

Same. I feel cursed with Hopkins. 

• Like 1

this year was the first time I ever took a WR in the 1st round and the way Hopkins is starting the year I won't be doing it again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, axiom20XX said:

this year was the first time I ever took a WR in the 1st round and the way Hopkins is starting the year I won't be doing it again.

you know I sat there with the no 5 pick, and for the first time in my life didnt take the guy I wanted cause it was a new league, and I didnt want to be that guy.  So I passed on Julio and Thomas who were my no 1-2 WR's and took Hopkins

Every 3rd down is a damn penalty...geez

WRs can be taken out of games more than RBs. I honestly think it is smart to go through scheduled for elite WRs and see how many elite shadow corners they will face the first 8 or weeks. His first four games he went against elite corners. I would buy low if I can as he won’t see another elite corner until they play the Jags and who k led id they will have Ramsey.

• Like 2

only own him in 1 league but he's absolutely killing me w these trash games. any Texan fans have some insight as to why he's not producing? Ive only caught 1 game so far

Just now, Bringthesonicsback said:

only own him in 1 league but he's absolutely killing me w these trash games. any Texan fans have some insight as to why he's not producing? Ive only caught 1 game so far

He’s had tough matchups against the top corners. He beat them last year but just doesn’t seem to be beating them this year. The offensive line hasn’t been protecting that well either. He’s going to be fine but it’s just been a rough stretch.

9 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He’s had tough matchups against the top corners. He beat them last year but just doesn’t seem to be beating them this year. The offensive line hasn’t been protecting that well either. He’s going to be fine but it’s just been a rough stretch.

Yep, he’s played a real tough opening stretch of corners. The great news is that he has some real juicy matchups coming up.

Posted (edited)

I'm looking to trade for Hopkins. How's his outlook looking?

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

He's the #1 WR in the league.

Outlook is good. lol

Every player puts up a few duds a year. He'll come around. Would like to see Watson have some more time in the pocket though, that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, FooserX said:

He's the #1 WR in the league.

Outlook is good. lol

Every player puts up a few duds a year. He'll come around. Would like to see Watson have some more time in the pocket though, that's for sure.

That's what's concerning.  Hopkins hasn't put up sub 10 PPR in 2 years I think.  He's done that twice in just 4 games this season.   He should be fine but imo, it is something to keep an eye on.

If he doesn't blow up against a pitiful Falcons defense this Sunday, I think it is safe to hit the panic button

Absolutely nothing to panic about here.  Owners will never be able to reverse the pair of stinkers he's already had, but his numbers will be there at the end of the year regardless.  It's the law of averages, and that says his next 12 games will be lights out to make up for the first 4.

22 minutes ago, NyZD said:

Their offensive line sucks.. Bill O'Brien is not a good coach I don't know if he's trying to actively get Watson killed.. They got Duke Johnson but throw him 0 screens quick passes etc.. They have Hopkins , Fuller, Stills etc all streaking down field I mean at some point you need to mix it up and throw some short-intermediate passes not everything has to be a 50 yard bomb maybe I'm totally misinformed but from the portions of games I've seen I don't think I am..

None of that has changed from previous years though.  Watson never used Miller in the short passing game, and he's actually pretty good at it.  Their line has always been kind of weak.  If anything, their defense isn't as good, which means they're forced to throw more over a larger sample, unless teams are just grinding them down with time of possession which I don't believe is the case but I could be wrong.  If that is the case, there could be concern, but I think this is just a typical case of a slow start that will be long forgotten a few weeks from now, if not after this week when Nuke drops 11-140-2.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

None of that has changed from previous years though.  Watson never used Miller in the short passing game, and he's actually pretty good at it.  Their line has always been kind of weak.  If anything, their defense isn't as good, which means they're forced to throw more over a larger sample, unless teams are just grinding them down with time of possession which I don't believe is the case but I could be wrong.  If that is the case, there could be concern, but I think this is just a typical case of a slow start that will be long forgotten a few weeks from now, if not after this week when Nuke drops 11-140-2.

that definitely didn't happen with the panthers game...at least in the first half it looked like Texans had double the time of possession lol.  Deandre and Watson will get right very soon. I feel it in my bones

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NyZD said:

Their offensive line sucks.. Bill O'Brien is not a good coach I don't know if he's trying to actively get Watson killed.. They got Duke Johnson but throw him 0 screens quick passes etc.. They have Hopkins , Fuller, Stills etc all streaking down field I mean at some point you need to mix it up and throw some short-intermediate passes not everything has to be a 50 yard bomb maybe I'm totally misinformed but from the portions of games I've seen I don't think I am..

Is Stills playing ahead of Keke making that much of a difference? They have too many routes that take too long to develop and Watson is getting killed. Defenses are just sitting on top of everything. Like you said, a lot of this is the same as last year but that is the major change. I don't think Lamar Miller is the X factor here.

No TD's in 4 straight including a game where your QB throws 5.