Flyman75

Devonta Freeman 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

10 with 5 man bench.  Stinkers meaning like 5ish points a a game.  Damn straight he’d be droppable.  And he wouldn’t be gettin picked up either

Lol your league mates are licking their lips and rubbing their hands together. He’d get picked up soooo damn quick. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

The whole Falcons running game is screwed up right now. But Freeman has 70 touches over 5 weeks, to Ito’s 29. So the back to own is Freeman, and he’s averaged 13.50 points over the last three weeks in my 1/2 ppr league...and that’s with just one TD. The rushing totals haven’t been good, outside of week 3, but he’s still been a productive fantasy RB. 

That's skewed because of Ito's concussion...

2 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Lol your league mates are licking their lips and rubbing their hands together. He’d get picked up soooo damn quick. 

Yeah, someone would probably even use a pretty high waiver priority to get him.  The season is 5 games in and if it's a PPR league, he's been very serviceable because he gets his share of receptions.  In standard, see how he does vs. Arizona first before cutting bait.

• Like 1

i really gotta stop listening to the braniacs in this place that are in 8 man leagues and think he is droppable...tell that to the leveon bell owners lol i guess he is droppable too

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

That's skewed because of Ito's concussion...

Sorta but not really. Ito has had 7, 6, 1, 4, 11 touches. They certainly ramped up yesterday, but it’s not like he was gettng tons of touches before or after his concussion. Even so, Freeman averaged 16.0 touches per game in weeks 1-4...and had 16 touches yesterday. 

I added Freeman’s touches incorrectly in my other post. He has 80 for the season, not 70. 

Edited by Flyman75

34 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Based on production so far, and like I said if he combines for 10-12 his next 2 games, he’s not getting picked up.  They wouldn’t be rubbing their hands and licking their lips, they’re gonna click his player profile and give the “eek” face and continue down the list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Based on production so far, and like I said if he combines for 10-12 his next 2 games, he’s not getting picked up.  They wouldn’t be rubbing their hands and licking their lips, they’re gonna click his player profile and give the “eek” face and continue down the list.

You keep talking about him getting 5 pts each of the next two games. I just don't see him getting that few points even in 1/2 PPR, and as his owner in a 1/2 PPR, even if he does, I'm not dropping him. The five highest scoring RBs available in my league are Jeff Wilson (inactive with Coleman back), DeAndre Washington, Brandon Bolden, TJ Yeldon, and Dare Ogunbowale. So he could score 5pts every week for the ROS, and I'm not dropping him. So yeah...if I drop him in my league, not only would owners be licking their chops (even if he scored 10-12 the next two weeks combined), they'd be emtpying their FAAB for him. 

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

You keep talking about him getting 5 pts each of the next two games. I just don't see him getting that few points even in 1/2 PPR, and as his owner in a 1/2 PPR, even if he does, I'm not dropping him. The five highest scoring RBs available in my league are Jeff Wilson (inactive with Coleman back), DeAndre Washington, Brandon Bolden, TJ Yeldon, and Dare Ogunbowale. So he could score 5pts every week for the ROS, and I'm not dropping him. So yeah...if I drop him in my league, not only would owners be licking their chops (even if he scored 10-12 the next two weeks combined), they'd be emtpying their FAAB for him. 

Lol ok I guess 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Lol ok I guess 👍

You guess? So, you'd drop Freeman and roll with one of those guys or guys who are even worse? I guess that's the difference between a 10-teamer with shallow benches and a 12-teamer with deep benches. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Freeman would never be left on waivers in any competitive league.

18 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Guy actually has been decently productive lately and people still find a way to whine.

Image result for whambulance

• Like 2

dude is .10 behind zeke who scored tds in both his games for the past 2 weeks lol in ppr we are fine and this matchup this week should be more productive rushing wise

15 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I find him benchable in a standard scoring league. 

totally understandable to a degree...

Hopefully this dude rumbles this week. I’d prefer to sell high if I can. If the passing usage continues however he might be worth the hold. Just needs a little more running room. 

22 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Everyone plays in different leagues, so I get where your'e coming from . I'm also in a 10 man 6 bench league tho, but to drop Freeman is very very very pre-mature. At the very least you bench him or include him in a trade package . Even in an 8 team league, you cannot just outright drop him . I guarantee you he will be picked up, and a wait and see approach or trade would happen eventually. He has name value, past production volume, & on a decent team offensively 

He reminds me a lot of Isiah Crowell on the Browns a few years back (and Drake this season).

Yes, he’s the #1.

Yes, he’s getting 15+ touches.

Yes, he’s doing nothing with them. 

12 minutes ago, billydough said:

He reminds me a lot of Isiah Crowell on the Browns a few years back (and Drake this season).

Yes, he’s the #1.

Yes, he’s getting 15+ touches.

Yes, he’s doing nothing with them. 

Scored 10 or over the last three weeks in standard. That doesn’t classify as nothing in my book. It’s not what we hoped for but he’s trending in the right direction.

Best game of the year by far. Looks like he’s back as a solid RB2.

4 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Finally. Let Freeman get 80% of the snaps and let him establish a rhythm and he'll do better. Hopefully the coaches realize this now

From the little I saw, he was running hard as hell. Terrified to start him, but it's becoming unavoidable. 

This dude has put up 26, 18 and 18 the last 3 games in PPR how can you be terrified to start him?

That's beyond startable if you ask me lol

• Like 1

If he keeps catching passes like this he's gonna be gold. And the defense is so bad the Falcons will always be in negative game script. Don't blame anyone for selling him though as he's an injury risk and also doesn't look "like himself." Great matchups