Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

I started Devonta Freeman, so I figured I should start Davante Adams. Maybe I'll go start Devontae Booker next. Lol. Any other Devonta/Davante/Devontaes? 

As for Adams, this guys seems to be one of the safer WRs in fantasy. We need to see where Brown ends up, but I think Adams and Nuk are the top two (or at least two of the top three) WRs in fantasy because of their consistency and their high floors from week-to-week. Adams is an easy first round pick, imho, and could arguably be the first WR off the board. 

I guess my only question about him is if a new coaching staff will change things up in the passing game and if they want the ball spread around more. Allison was looking good until he got hurt, and MVS had his moments as a rookie. Even so, Adams showed himself to be an elite and consistent WR this past season. Even if he were to lose some targets, I still expect him to reach or exceed 100 receptions, which should put him comfortably over 1,200 yards. And he's had double-digit TDs in each of the last three seasons. 

What say you?

I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 2nd round as my WR1

1 hour ago, HTXMade said:

I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 2nd round as my WR1

If he makes it to the 2nd rd that's a steal

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I started Devonta Freeman, so I figured I should start Davante Adams. Maybe I'll go start Devontae Booker next. Lol. Any other Devonta/Davante/Devontaes? 

Suggested team name: Idiot Davant

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Good luck with DeVante Parker next season :)

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

An Adams / Aaron Rodgers stack would be nice next year if Aaron comes at a cheaper price than usual.

1 hour ago, dylanj said:

An Adams / Aaron Rodgers stack would be nice next year if Aaron comes at a cheaper price than usual.

I don't get the stacking, just pick players that you think will score the most 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I don't get the stacking, just pick players that you think will score the most 

Rodgers and adams score a lot.

It only works with certain stacks, mahomes and hill for example.

No better feeling than seeing 10 points for a 1 yard fade TD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dylanj said:

Rodgers and adams score a lot.

It only works with certain stacks, mahomes and hill for example.

No better feeling than seeing 10 points for a 1 yard fade TD.

Yeah! Or like when my opponent stacked Brees/Thomas in the semifinal and got 10 points total in a horrible NO game. Great feeling. For me anyway.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah! Or like when my opponent stacked Brees/Thomas in the semifinal and got 10 points total in a horrible NO game. Great feeling. For me anyway.

Ha, not many rotisserie leagues, but that's the one year I saw a stack truly work.  Thru a horse track to bring people in(free entry, kinda had to be a regular to know it was going on), they had a fantasy league in 2012 where they paid out top scorer each week a $50 voucher thru week 17, then league top scorer got $300, my dad stacked Bree's and graham, I lucked out on Julio, Reggie Wayne, Doug martin, t rich, and Brady, and started pitta that one week he got like 36

standard league 6 point pass td, we split our winnings each winner, between falling a** backwards in the top rbs, and the New Orleans stack we cleaned house

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

You all pretty much nailed stacking in a few posts.    Love it when it works, slays you when it doesn't.   I think its only feasible if the two guys are locked in weekly performers, AND if the QB doesn't need the WR to be successful.     Ben/Brown is the best example of this I can think of.    In the weeks where Brown's outpout was a bit lower, you could still get a good game out of Ben since he could use JuJu, the TE's, etc and still go for 300-3 at times.  That doesn't kill your week

• Like 1

Now, lets get this back on track with Adams.     One of his knocks this past year was the schedule.   Now he trades the AFC East, with two of the four all pro CB's, and Tre White, for the AFC Wild West.   They'll play the NFC East instead of the NFC West, but they still get the Niners, who i believe gave up his best fantasy total in '18.      

Can he get even better, or was this the perfect storm already?  

11 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Ha, not many rotisserie leagues, but that's the one year I saw a stack truly work.  Thru a horse track to bring people in(free entry, kinda had to be a regular to know it was going on), they had a fantasy league in 2012 where they paid out top scorer each week a $50 voucher thru week 17, then league top scorer got $300, my dad stacked Bree's and graham, I lucked out on Julio, Reggie Wayne, Doug martin, t rich, and Brady, and started pitta that one week he got like 36

standard league 6 point pass td, we split our winnings each winner, between falling a** backwards in the top rbs, and the New Orleans stack we cleaned house

CSB

2 hours ago, BrianM said:

Now, lets get this back on track with Adams.     One of his knocks this past year was the schedule.   Now he trades the AFC East, with two of the four all pro CB's, and Tre White, for the AFC Wild West.   They'll play the NFC East instead of the NFC West, but they still get the Niners, who i believe gave up his best fantasy total in '18.      

Can he get even better, or was this the perfect storm already?  

Rodgers favorite WR by a long shot and is a TD Machine. Top 12 pick any format.

Feels like this year was his career year and he will be another WR GB refuses to pay causing to lose them in FA.  He's basically a less big play TD Greg Jennings with more yard/catch potential as the #1.  

How many years does GB have Adams for on his current deal?

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

Feels like this year was his career year and he will be another WR GB refuses to pay causing to lose them in FA.  He's basically a less big play TD Greg Jennings with more yard/catch potential as the #1.  

Three more years left, and they're his age 26-28 seasons.   They're pretty much locked into Rodgers for three years minimum as well.  AR's deal runs longer of course but should he fall off a cliff, 2022 is the first season they get a good chance to cut him.   2021 is an option but it leaves 23 mil dead.  

5 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

They already paid him. 

I'd expect a similar season next year to what he had this year, around 110 catches, 1400-1500 and 12-14 TD which certainly warrants a Top 10 pick, IMO. 

Again, never in all my years of doing fantasy have I seen a WR go through an entire 16 game schedule without having 1 game even close to a dud. Adams worst game in .5 PPR was 8 for 81 and 0 TD vs a pro-bowl caliber corner.

10 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Prolly the coolest story ever

Yeah but I think it probably needs a good joint to be really appreciated, and I don't smoke.

I think it's time to state the obvious  that was stated last season AGAIN

Adams is AARON RODGERS WR1

He is a top #3 fantasy wr

End of discussion :lol:

Sure, I think everyone's in accordance that he's a top guy.   Now its just nitpicking the small stuff of where in the top 5 he goes, and any little nuances that separate him, good or bad, from the rest.

Its a bit fun that this year we'll see, for the first time in a while there's a fairly strong chance that we see, a top 4 that doesn't include Beckham and AB.  

I told everyone last year that he was gonna be a beast and this year is no different.

Top 15 overall.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

I told everyone last year that he was gonna be a beast and this year is no different.

Top 15 overall.

You told everyone he was better with Hundley than Rodgers as QB and that Keenan Allen was better than him.

And you lost our bet on the latter after trashing Adams for months. 

Glad to see you've seen the light. 

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

You told everyone he was better with Hundley than Rodgers as QB

That wasn't an opinion, it actually happened.

5 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Top 15 overall.

Of course you called it 100%. . :lol: