Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:
3 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Never played in the NFL^ 

Seriously though.  Don't compare us normal people to world class athletes. None of us played in the NFL. 

I don't think you realize you're making the counterpoint.

Us "normal people" don't need to run, jump, stop and cut AT ALL... never mind in a well played competition against the best athletes in their field. 

If a plumber gets turf toe he can still fix a leaky pipe. It hurts....just doesn't prevent him from excelling at his job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Alright - anyone read or hear any material update on this guy?  Just endless speculation here.

I just saw an alert that has "MRI was not serious".  and that the Pack "will be careful with their star receiver". 

2 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

That is fantastic.  Thank you for posting.

Exactly why we need to wait for the medical diagnosis before doing anything or making wild guesses as to severity.

• Like 1

Just now, this guy right here said:

I'll rest easy when Schefter reports it.

ftfy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

I'll rest easy when he's catching TDs again.

Agree but the news could have been SO much worse.

• Like 1

Man, I hope none of the Adams owners took these doomsday scenarios to heart and dumped Davante for pennies on the dollar today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

If Rappaport has this totally wrong and it's a multi-week thing, he is dead to me.

Only trust Schefter. Rapoport is a bum.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

If Rappaport has this totally wrong and it's a multi-week thing, he is dead to me.

agree  as someone who had turf toe and how annoying it is adams looked like he was in a lot of pain. 

Rapoport is one of the least reliable reporters covering the NFL.

I believe he also reported that Damien Williams injury was not serious.

So...there's that.

• Thanks 2

Honestly the more I think about it and the vagueness is this rappaport tweet, the more I think it’s likely that “not serious” could just mean he doesn’t need surgery and it’s not season ending.

It could still be a 4 week kind of thing and then week-to-week from there though if it’s a medium grade turf toe. Hopefully we’ll get actual results/outlook from the team soon.

It's a pity the Packers have such a late bye this season.  An early bye would have been perfect for this situation.

5 minutes ago, montgrove said:

Yea that’s more in line with what I was afraid of. Rappaport’s “not serious” led us (or at least me) to believe for a few minutes that this was a 1-2 week kind of thing.

Edited by gufomel
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

Yea that’s more in line with what I was afraid of. Rappaport’s “not serious” led us (or at least me) to believe for a few minutes that his was a 1-2 week kind of thing.

Lol other doctors like Chao have suggested that it is possible for a two week return.  

Rapoport does suck, and I am fully expecting Adams to miss up to 4 weeks...they probably want him back ASAP for the Chiefs in week 8. Luckily for the Packers they are 3-1... and a few losses won't sink them in a weakish NFC north. Only one divisional game in the next 6 weeks. Bye is Week 11. If Adams is somehow out until week 12, yeah, that's a tough hold, and that's worse case scenario if he's out 8 weeks.

3 minutes ago, Thinkingcap said:

Lol other doctors like Chao have suggested that it is possible for a two week return.  

Sure and so does the above doctor. But when I hear “2-6 weeks” I’m not really banking on 2 weeks as a strong possibility.