Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, RepoMan said:

I'm a little concerned that Rodgers is in the process of transitioning from an all-world QB to just an excellent or very good qb, plus they have a good defense and a good rb for the first time in ages. The shootouts may just not come very often this year.

Adams is still great (no wr gets more consistently open), but I'm not sure the offense is going to let him return to the Top 8 type value his owners expected.

Rodgers and the pack scored 21 in the first half against the Viking D last game. Only reason they didn’t score in the second half is bc Rodgers hurt his elbow a little bit but he should be good now. I’m not worried about Adams at all

3 hours ago, RepoMan said:

I'm a little concerned that Rodgers is in the process of transitioning from an all-world QB to just an excellent or very good qb, plus they have a good defense and a good rb for the first time in ages. The shootouts may just not come very often this year.

Adams is still great (no wr gets more consistently open), but I'm not sure the offense is going to let him return to the Top 8 type value his owners expected.

It's not rodgers it's lafleur 

• Like 1

i'll gladly take him off anyone's hands who's selling - having this cat plugged in is as good as you can hope - the stat/TD corrections are coming, and they'll be spectacular 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yanksman said:

It's not rodgers it's lafleur 

Really wish this forum still had its confused reaction. What's been wrong with Lafluer? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Really wish this forum still had its confused reaction. What's been wrong with Lafluer? 

They're 2-0 so nothing in reality. But he's a very conservative game caller thus hurts fantasy owners. 

You guys are fooling yourselves if you don't think Rodgers is going to audible out of Lafluer's dumb play calls when the team is losing.

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

They're 2-0 so nothing in reality. But he's a very conservative game caller thus hurts fantasy owners. 

Umm. Except he's not. First game they ran a ton of 12 personnel (the 1st team offense had 0 reps together, they were on the road, playing in Chicago against the best defense in the league on opening night.) He did what McCarthy would never dream of: leave his tight ends in to help protect Rodgers, and no one can blame him. Last week they let it rip the 1st quarter against another very good defense and shredded them, with Adams doing a lot of damage. As they get more reps, it will continue to get better and better and more wrinkles will continue to be introduced. Blaming Lafluer or even Rodgers is just extremely lazy. 

13 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the stat/TD corrections are coming, and they'll be spectacular 

That's not how it works. Players don't magically overperform to compensate for a prior underperformance. 

2 minutes ago, cs3 said:

That's not how it works. Players don't magically overperform to compensate for a prior underperformance. 

They do if the target volume stays high. Bet against Adams longterm at your peril. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

They do if the target volume stays high. Bet against Adams longterm at your peril. 

ooook,  gambler's fallacy in full effect in this thread. Way to completely miss the point

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cs3 said:

w- w- w wait .... ya mean i won't be gettin' 9/120/1 every game? plz say it ain't so!11!!!!  

No God GIF - No God Please GIFs

WHAT A DUMB ARSE NOOB I AM LOLLLLLZZZZZ!!!1!   I BE IN TROUBLE NOW!1!!

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I trust @pastorofmuppets2. Is DA gonna be a TD machine ROS? Possibly trading for him, but I need to know what the ghost writer of my memoirs thinks about his outlook? We looking at top 5 production, or WR10-15?

i already shipped rb/wr combo for him - kid is steady as she comes - top 5 certainly in the crosshairs ... in Rodgers we trust - i'll ride this cat to beau coup production (THOUGH POSITIVE REGRESSION IS A MERE FALLACY!!!1!1! see above 🤷‍♂️)

• Like 1

Can’t believe I spent the #5 overall pick on him..wtf is going on with Rodgers? So excited for his 20 TDS, 0ints and 3200 yards this season...

Just now, Hero202 said:

Can’t believe I spent the #5 overall pick on him..wtf is going on with Rodgers? So excited for his 20 TDS, 0ints and 3200 yards this season...

yea, i'm done blaming his head coaches

he's just not that guy anymore

Just now, Hero202 said:

Rodgers has been the same overrated QB for like the last 3 seasons. Adams just hasn't had the TD luck yet.

I know it’s been tough matchups, but this is incredibly frustrating when you spend your early pick on a WR instead of a RB in order to be sure you’re getting a sure thing stud. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Haha 1

Caught all 4 targets in tough coverage so it’s not the ability that’s the issue. Its the offense being bottom 16 or worse...and still the teams not respecting Packers wr2. IDK what to do...

This season is different. They have a diff coaching staff that is utilizing the running game and they have a legit defense. He is going to have good games but hes definitely not going to finish as a top 5 WR. 

3 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

This season is different. They have a diff coaching staff that is utilizing the running game and they have a legit defense. He is going to have good games but hes definitely not going to finish as a top 5 WR. 

Exactly. Honestly we should've seen this coming

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Exactly. Honestly we should've seen this coming

Maybe not seen it coming like you were expecting it.  But definitely considered it as a mildly likely possibility.

Time to have sold was last week. New coach, new offense....new Adams usage and output.