urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

23 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Watch the first play and try and tell someone Carson is qualified to hold APs jockstrap.

Man, that second highlight (kick return) really shows what blazing speed young AP had. Incredible.

Only one in the league I'd say with comparable level of talent is Saquon. Perhaps not as much top speed as AP, but I think he's actually a more talented back just cause of how well rounded and dynamic he is.

• Like 2

Yeah prime AP is another world.  Would say Carson is more of a Beastmode light if anything.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sSektor said:

I thought it was just a broken leg/ankle? Those don't carry re-injury risk like knee injuries.

Seattle sure as hell needed defensive help more than it did first round RB insurance. It's just an all around bad pick in hindsight especially when they could have taken Chubb or Kerryon in the 2nd round.

Obviously Penny looks like a bad pick in retrospect, because Carson is awesome. However after Beast Mode left they saw Rawls’ short career just evaporate after a fractured fibula. He was never the same player after that. They were stuck rolling out bums like Christine Michael, who was falling out of the league at the time. It’s totally understandable that they would want a second complete back in case Carson couldn’t come back the same, or couldn’t stay healthy.

I actually think it’s to the Hawks’ great credit as an organization that they aren’t  succumbing to a sunk-cost fallacy and forcing the issue with Penny despite his first round pedigree. Carson is the better all-around back and he plays the kind of football they want to play. Fantasy owners seem to care a lot more about Penny’s draft status than Pete Carrol does. He’s not going to trade Russell Wilson for Marcus Mariota either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chris Carson has appeared to put his fumbling woes behind him.  His magnificent running has allowed the Seahawks to defeat two straight division foes.  Penny has sprinkled in for 3-4 uninspiring touches.  Pretty sure the competition is over.  For good.  This will be Carson's backfield for the forseeable future.

People will argue for the sake of arguing 🤦‍♂️ I said he's comparable to AP in the style of running. Clearly stated he's less explosive. Gotta love fantasy dorks

• Like 1

Definitely crossed my mind last night that Carson runs like a poor man's AP.  Guy loves physical contact and that makes me love Carson.  

• Like 2

Stud. This guy is more than living up to the 3rd round price I paid for him. With the fumbles behind him this guy is going to put up RB1 numbers.

1 hour ago, jwilsonxo said:

People will argue for the sake of arguing 🤦‍♂️ I said he's comparable to AP in the style of running. Clearly stated he's less explosive. Gotta love fantasy dorks

Not really comparable in that aspect either. While AP was a powerful back he relied on being extremely shifty and quick to make plays. He would shoot through the hole, make an incredible cut, and leave everyone in his wake. 

Carson is closer to Lynch. He's a patient runner that punishes the defense every chance he gets. He also has a high step running style although not to the extent of Lynch.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Not really comparable in that aspect either. While AP was a powerful back he relied on being extremely shifty and quick to make plays. He would shoot through the hole, make an incredible cut, and leave everyone in his wake. 

Carson is closer to Lynch. He's a patient runner that punishes the defense every chance he gets. He also has a high step running style although not to the extent of Lynch.

I think he looks like DeMarco Murray (with the Cowboys obviously, not that abomination with Chip Kelley).

11 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Carson is closer to AP than Penny is to Carson

I get piling on Penny for being bad but this is just false lol. AP was a transcendent talent and Carson is barely in the top 10 right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwilsonxo said:

Gotta love rotoworld!

I can see some of the similarities but it is hard to compare anyone to AP, the guy was such a freak in his prime

• Like 1

My favorite thing about Carson is how much punishment he dishes out. You’d think after his fumbles issues he’d shy away from contact a bit but he looks for someone to run over every time he touches the ball. Beast. Go Hawks.

Just now, Bringthesonicsback said:

Coming from a life long hawks fan.. Carson is no AP. The only similarity is they’re both violent runners. That’s it. 

You can’t even compare prime Gurley to AP without turning some heads. The only player that comes close to passing the eye test like AP is Barkley. 

A true joy to watch this human wrecking ball run through/over/around defenders, and I'm a Penny owner.  If you enjoy football (not just fantasy), its tough not to like this dude.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

You can’t even compare prime Gurley to AP without turning some heads. The only player that comes close to passing the eye test like AP is Barkley. 

As a talent, 100%. But as a player/runner? Not in my eyes. Barkley is more finesse, doesn’t abuse tacklers as often, doesn’t have AP’s top speed, can actually catch the ball.. Barkley can absolutely be one of the greats though. 

Damn y’all ran away with “Carson is the next AP” narrative. Post I quoted clearly stated less explosive version of AP. They are similar size backs who runs with some sense of power and shiftiness. AP is far superior athlete and is more explosive but short area runs highlights are very similar difference AP take that s--- to the house. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

Huh? Saquon is more Barry than AP. 

Didn't mean to derail the thread. I'll just reiterate one more time. Never said Carson was as great as AP was. They have the same violent running style. That's it.

Carson RB1. Good day.

Man, when AP was in his prime I was younger and just starting fantasy football. After having watched for some years now, I've got a lot more context after having seen so many different players run the ball. If I saw any player today running like AP did in that video I would call them damn near the GOAT. Sure, my being 26 y/o has something to do with it, but god damn, I did not appreciate AP as much as I should have. What a freaking stud. An absolute treat just to watch him play.

To say Carson is comparable in any facet to that guy is a complement. Whether it be running style, violence on short runs, or initiating contact / running through defenders. Carson might not be a HOF player but he certainly looks like he's got Lynch-esque upside in this offense. The fumbles, some of which were a bit flukey due to how they happened (punch out from behind, botched handoff, etc), were also flukey dating back to his fumble rate after ~250 carries last season. Literally the only thing that could hamper his production now is health. Barring injury he is a rock-solid RB2 with RB1 upside. The fact that Wilson threw to him on that touchdown speaks volumes with the game on the line. You could tell how badly Seattle wanted to win this game and they gave Carson 27 carries and he caught the game-winning touchdown. Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson love this guy. 

Carson is not an RB2.  He is a bonafide STUD RB1 workhorse on a team that loves to run the ball.  

22 minutes ago, jwilsonxo said:

Huh? Saquon is more Barry than AP. 

I’m not comparing running styles. I’m saying you can tell just by watching them that they’re on a completely different level. 

8 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Carson is not an RB2.  He is a bonafide STUD RB1 workhorse on a team that loves to run the ball.  

RB1 production, RB2 slot. Semantics, but it's the type of argument I'd like us to continue to have in this thread ROS.

Rams OLB Clay Matthews is expected to miss four weeks with a broken jaw.  Matthews was injured making a tackle on Chris Carson.

That's my boy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4