urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

Also the fact that people still even mention Penny as ANY kind of concern is a joke. Drop it. He's useless. He's a 4-8 carry back and that's it while Prosise goes back to being even more irrelevant. Compared to Prosise, Penny will only steal 2-4 more touches from Carson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Also the fact that people still even mention Penny as ANY kind of concern is a joke. Drop it. He's useless. He's a 4-8 carry back and that's it while Prosise goes back to being even more irrelevant. Compared to Prosise, Penny will only steal 2-4 more touches from Carson.

Penny supporters have been pretty quiet for weeks

• Like 2

Is anyone concerned with the ROS schedule:

vs BAL   #10
@ ATL   #15
vs TB      #3
@ SF      #1

bye
@ PHI    #4
vs MIN   #5

@LA    #20
@ CAR #11
vs ARI   #7
vs SF     #1

That looks brutal.

Edited by thebadferret
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

vs BAL   #10
@ ATL   #15
vs TB      #3
@ SF      #1

bye
@ PHI    #4
vs MIN   #5

@LA    #20
@ CAR #11
vs ARI   #7
vs SF     #1

That looks brutal.

First of all I hope your league is not still going in week 17. So going to discount that last SF matchup.

And sure Philly, SF, and Minnesota are going to be tough. Especially SF and Philly . But as long as Wilson is playing at this level you're still going to likely start Carson, and hope he is used more in the passing game in those matchups. 

And if you're concerned enough to not want to start Carson ROS, trade him to another gm for another RB with a more favorable schedule. But Carson is hard to trade,because you want to recoup low end RB1 value for him but not everyone sees him that way. Aka ppl who are apparently concerned about Penny or his ROS schedule lol. 

Edited by potatoetree
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, potatoetree said:

First of all I hope your league is not still going in week 17.

Sure Philly, SF, and Minnesota are going to be tough. Especially SF. But as long as Wilson is playing at this level you're still going to likely start Carson, and hope he is used more in the passing game in those matchups. 

And if you're concerned enough to not want to start Carson ROS, trade him to another gm for another RB with a more favorable schedule. But Carson is hard to trade,because you want to recoup low end RB1 value for him but not everyone sees him that way. Aka ppl who are concerned about Penny or his ROS lol. 

No, we're not going into week 17. I just wanted to put it in for the few people who do.

I'm not going to trade him, I just wanted to point out how the ROS schedule looks like :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

vs BAL   #10
@ ATL   #15
vs TB      #3
@ SF      #1

bye
@ PHI    #4
vs MIN   #5

@LA    #20
@ CAR #11
vs ARI   #7
vs SF     #1

That looks brutal.

Only things taking Carson out of my lineup are injury or bye week.

Baltimore didn't look so tough on D against Nick Chubb.

Also, as long as Seattle has Russel Wilson, teams are going to have to pick their poison when trying to stop Seattle's offense.

If Carson keeps playing this well, and I expect him to, you'll see him on quite a few fantasy champion's rosters when all is said and done.

• Like 3

Also Carson is seeing more targets this season. He had 24 total targets last season, while he already has 21 targets through 6 games this season. His expanded role in the passing game especially with Dissly out now, maybe we see a slight uptick in targets. Either way he's on track to have over 2x the targets and already has 2 receiving TDs (0 last season).

6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Uh no. Ever since he put his fumbling issues behind him after NO he's been a top 5 RB in standard and 7th in PPR. He's not a fringe RB. He is a solidified RB1. You can maybe squeeze out 5 RBs that are better ROS but i'd like to see you name 10-12.

That’s what I’m saying though, he has been a top 5 RB on 27 touches per game, do you expect him to keep that up the rest of the year? If he’s top 5 at 27, why is it so unreasonable to think he’d be closer to RB10 if he started getting more like 18-20 touches? Or are you assuming that the volume will be there all year

5 hours ago, thebadferret said:

vs BAL   #10
@ ATL   #15
vs TB      #3
@ SF      #1

bye
@ PHI    #4
vs MIN   #5

@LA    #20
@ CAR #11
vs ARI   #7
vs SF     #1

That looks brutal.

No.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, thebadferret said:

vs BAL   #10
@ ATL   #15
vs TB      #3
@ SF      #1

bye
@ PHI    #4
vs MIN   #5

@LA    #20
@ CAR #11
vs ARI   #7
vs SF     #1

That looks brutal.

Bring it on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

Only things taking Carson out of my lineup are injury or bye week.

Yes schedule sucks and may try to work out a trade with the Jacobs or Fournette owner....

But, the only matchup I really worry about is SF,TB,PHI. Arizona will see positive game script. Baltimore can be run on and won't be ahead.

Tampa they can pass all day so no need to run. Same with Eagles. San Fran was good but Chubb ran on them as did the combo of Brown and Henderson until game script became passing one.

RB's I would trade Carson for......Saquon, Dalvin, CMC, Kamara, & Zeke. Maybe Chubb, D Johnson or LeVeon but probably not.  Other than that I don't see anyone doing better than CC.  

Schedule is irrelevant at this point as long as R. Wilson is playing like an MVP and Carson is getting the snaps. Just be glad you drafted him and worry about things on your team worth the mind space. 

• Like 3

Matchups don't matter for studs. Yes, he probably won't have ceiling games against teams like SF or MIN, but he's getting the volume and opportunity to put up 100 yards from scrimmage and multiple TDs every single week regardless of opponent. It should surprise nobody if he puts up the best performance of any RB all season against SF, for example, and he could easily still post top-12 numbers that week.

Sitting a guy because you're scurred of the matchup is for RB2/3 borderline players, where you can conceivably have two better options. I don't think it's possible to have two better options than a guy who's been touching the ball nearly 30 times every game and running over opposing defenses with those touches.

• Like 2

Anyone trying to move him? Been trying to see if i Can move him for bell or Dalvin cook. 

their schedules look nice. 

Edited by HOF12
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, thebadferret said:

vs BAL   #10
@ ATL   #15
vs TB      #3
@ SF      #1

bye
@ PHI    #4
vs MIN   #5

@LA    #20
@ CAR #11
vs ARI   #7
vs SF     #1

That looks brutal.

You should edit your post and remove "vs SF #1" because that is Week 17.  You're unnecessarily scaring people into thinking the championship matchup is SF.  Also, what do your numbers mean?

per run defense DVOA the playoff schedule looks good:

Week 14 - @ LAR  #5

Week 15 - @ CAR  #29

Week 16 - vs ARI   #25

Edited by Nap Time
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Schedule is irrelevant at this point as long as R. Wilson is playing like an MVP and Carson is getting the snaps. Just be glad you drafted him and worry about things on your team worth the mind space. 

That’s the thing. The biggest threat that defenses prepare for is Russell Wilson. Not Carson. It doesn’t matter what these defenses rank against the run cause the preparation for defending Wilson is different. You have to try to keep him in the pocket. Outside the pocket is when he gets creative and extends plays. Carson’s got it made in that regard. And I’m a penny owner still holding on for some reason.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

RB's I would trade Carson for......Saquon, Dalvin, CMC, Kamara, & Zeke. Maybe Chubb, D Johnson or LeVeon but probably not.  Other than that I don't see anyone doing better than CC.  

I'm gonna hold off a week but I would really entertain a Carson for Bell swap.  That Jets' schedule is very favorable in the 2nd half while Carson's really toughens up.  Will take a good look after this weekend.

4 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

I'm gonna hold off a week but I would really entertain a Carson for Bell swap.  That Jets' schedule is very favorable in the 2nd half while Carson's really toughens up.  Will take a good look after this weekend.

Keep the guy who's on the better team (Carson).

• Like 4

The Ravens might look like a great matchup on paper seeing they’ve allowed 4.46 yards per carry on the year with seven rushing touchdowns, but there’s more to that story. If you were to remove the Browns game when defensive tackle Brandon Williams was out, they’ve allowed just 223 yards on 67 carries (3.33 yards per carry) with three touchdowns in the other five games combined.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/10/the-primer-week-7-edition-2019-fantasy-football/

It's a bad matchup.  But Baltimore's pass defense has been terrible and Russell Wilson is hot.  Expect the Seahawks to be in the red zone a lot, so Carson will have TD opportunities.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

Time to sell high?  His next 5 weeks look miserable:

Team (vs rush)

TB (30th)

SF (31st)

BYE

Phi (29th)

Min (27th)

Hes got Atlanta next. Sell high after. I'm not all that worried though,  game script didn't go as planned. Plus weather was awful all around. 

20 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

Time to sell high?  His next 5 weeks look miserable:

Team (vs rush)

TB (30th)

SF (31st)

BYE

Phi (29th)

Min (27th)

Negative Carson is a beast 

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Negative Carson is a beast 

You do know beasts are hunted and slain right?