urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

24 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

this 100%.. if one of your studs go down near the end stretch and your forced to go to WW, you'll likely not have the highest bid and will need to spot start someone on your bench. At least the cuff walks into a situation with volume. 

With 6 teams on bye next week it might be hard for some teams to pick up or hold handcuffs. That said the week after i would pick up the handcuffs.

Penny sucks. If Carson goes down it's an easy bail on this backfield, assuming you actually drafted depth at the position and aren't banking on waiver gems

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Penny sucks. If Carson goes down it's an easy bail on this backfield, assuming you actually drafted depth at the position and aren't banking on waiver gems

Week 1: 6 rush, 18 yds

Week 2 : 10rush, 62yds 1 TD
Week 6: 6 rush, 18 yds, 2 rec 31yds
Week8: 8 Rush, 55yds

I wouldn't exactly say he sucks, he's a 1st rounder that hasn't been able to out produce one of the leagues biggest horses. I think he could be a flex at worst if carson goes down.

5 hours ago, lolcopter said:

I mean I wouldn’t go that far. Anyone would be drooling to have Penny if Carson were to ever get hurt. Just on volume alone surefire RB2 . On this Seattle offense that loves to run, led by Russell Wilson ... It’s dynamite . Problem with Penny is he has talent but it hasn’t translated very well onto the field. He’s too raw ,nervous of a runner . Game needs to slow down for him, he needs more reps though...thats the thing. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I mean I wouldn’t go that far. Anyone would be drooling to have Penny if Carson were to ever get hurt. Just on volume alone surefire RB2 . On this Seattle offense that loves to run, led by Russell Wilson ... It’s dynamite . Problem with Penny is he has talent but it hasn’t translated very well onto the field. He’s too raw ,nervous of a runner . Game needs to slow down for him, he needs more reps though...thats the thing. 

I agree with this. I honestly don’t understand all the Penny hate, and I own both. Penny has talent but obviously not enough to supplant the beast that is Carson. But given a full workload I imagine easily a rb2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

This guy is such a beast. Two more fumbles today though. 

Well, he only lost one of them. The other fumble that went out of bounds came at the end of a monster run that set the team up nicely. I think fumbles matter a lot more when they demonstrably cost the team a win — but the Hawks won anyway and Carson was still getting carries near the end zone in overtime. It’s his backfield.

With Wilson playing at an MVP level, it is only gonna get softer up front and one of these weeks he is gonna get a bunch of short TDs.

• Like 1

I agree and while the 49ers are a really good D, they've been vulnerable against the run these last 3 weeks.

Just now, WVFalcon said:

I agree and while the 49ers are a really good D, they've been vulnerable against the run these last 3 weeks.

And just lost one of the better all-around LBs in the league last week.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 1:59 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

And just lost one of the better all-around LBs in the league last week.

Averaged over 5.3 YPC in both meetings last year.

• Like 1

If you were able to draft a solid rb1 then you got to be happy with Carson's production as your RB2.

• Like 2

Glad the bye is here because yesterday was punishing. Definitely lucked into the goal line TD but he earned it. He looked a bit tired and hobbled out there. I haven't been overly impressed lately but he's just falling forward grinding it out. He can definitely make noise in the check down game and the Seahawks found success spreading the field out .

Penny's no threat as he had a few snaps to prove himself and fumbled immediately

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Glad the bye is here because yesterday was punishing. Definitely lucked into the goal line TD but he earned it. He looked a bit tired and hobbled out there. I haven't been overly impressed lately but he's just falling forward grinding it out. He can definitely make noise in the check down game and the Seahawks found success spreading the field out .

Penny's no threat as he had a few snaps to prove himself and fumbled immediately

Wow

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I agree no threat but I would cuff him with Penny after the bye if anyone's RB depth is questionable. I thought I saw him limping a little at one point. Bye comes at a perfect time for Carson before the stretch run but he seems to take a beating

• Like 1

I thought he looked awesome last night....

He's not gonna break a ton of 10+ yard runs but he was constantly getting 3+ yards on carries. 

There's probably 4 or 5 backs you'd want to own over him ROS

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jccouger said:

He's not gonna break a ton of 10+ yard runs but he was constantly getting 3+ yards on carries. 

plus he gets alot of GL looks. Would cuff with Penny after the byes if you can even though I think Penny would only return RB2 value at best.

10 minutes ago, jccouger said:

Not sure I'd go that far. His schedule is brutal 

• Haha 1

Also saying he "lucked" in to a TD is just straight up asinine when he easily could have "lucked" in to 3.

DK Metcalf got stripped at the 1 yard line which would've been an easy plunge.

Then the Seahawks threw the ball at the 1 yard line to Hollister for a TD.

When Carson beasted his way to the literal 1 inch line on that amazing dive I was sure he was gonna get screwed again but Pete made sure Carson got fed for the work he put in all game. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Not sure I'd go that far. His schedule is brutal 

This reminds me of people who traded Carson for Bell due to schedules. He just put up 100+ yards vs two of the toughest run defenses in football back to back. The schedule is irrelevant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

This reminds me of people who traded Carson for Bell due to schedules. He just put up 100+ yards vs two of the toughest run defenses in football back to back. The schedule is irrelevant.

Plus with the way Russ is playing he has such a high chanced at TDs every week 

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

*eyeroll*

A guy can have good games against tough opponents and still not be Top 5 ROS, which was the crux of the conversation

Saw that scary 49ers D and benched him.  Doesn't really matter who he plays though, Carson is going to get his

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

*eyeroll*

A guy can have good games against tough opponents and still not be Top 5 ROS, which was the crux of the conversation

But whether he’s top 5 or top 10 is kind of irrelevant. He’s already demonstrated that you’re not benching him because he can put up over 100 yards in even the toughest matchups and he’s completely marginalized Penny and therefore will always have TD upside.

People who traded Carson for Bell were fools. During the stretch run you want guys in good offenses playing meaningful games for playoff seeding, not guys in dysfunctional offenses that have long since packed it in trying to lose for better draft position.

• Like 2