ginocan

Phila @ Chi Wild Card Game

14 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Who knows if that defense is world class again next year. They are the only reason the bears made it anyway.

A repeat of this level of excellence is unlikely, but they can still be elite.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The most overrated team going into the playoffs in recent memory. People and "experts" were acting like they are some great top 5 team with a destiny to pull off some kind of run. It was quite obvious that they weren't going to do much with what they had on offense. The s--- they pull on offense doesn't work in the playoffs (and regular season as a matter of fact). Andy Reid doesn't have a ring in 20 years coaching for a reason and Nagy is a worse version of him.

Silly hater...posting like they got whipped in the game.  

Their offense has the ability to put up pts when their in a shoot-out, both teams played the game too close to the vest.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Who knows if that defense is world class again next year. They are the only reason the bears made it anyway.

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Their offense has the ability to put up pts when their in a shoot-out, both teams played the game too close to the vest.

They didnt get whipped they beat themselves, the coaching played down to the Eagles level.  The Eagles offense is not the dynamic chain mover it was a year ago with the coach going for it on every 4th down because he knows his run game can't be stopped; even the TD they scored was due to the bears having 10 men on the field and the Eagles taking advantage of it

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

You can call me a hater all you want. Much like I was called a hater for predicting them bouncing in the wild card months ago. Then another Bears fan called me bitter for predicting Eagles winning.

It's alright. I don't hold it against you guys. Fans tend to be clouded.

Also, they didn't get whipped. However, they did lose as the biggest favorite of the weekend playing a backup QB at home.

22 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You can call me a hater all you want. Much like I was called a hater for predicting them bouncing in the wild card months ago. Then another Bears fan called me bitter for predicting Eagles winning.

It's alright. I don't hold it against you guys. Fans tend to be clouded.

Also, they didn't get whipped. However, they did lose as the biggest favorite of the weekend playing a backup QB at home.

We don't hold it against you either...but the time you spend in bear threads is comical.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

goes without saying but really it all hinges on whether Trubisky can take that next step or not. This Bears defense will have some regression(and may lose Fangio to a HC gig which is TBD) and predicting the Bears to be this healthy again next season is also unlikely. Gonna need Trubisky to elevate his game if the Bears want to sustain being a contender and not a one year wonder.

More or less this is gonna be their team next season since they don't have much cap space to work with and very little draft capital. Improvements will have to come from within the current group

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

We don't hold it against you either...but the time you spend in bear threads is comical.

Just this one. The Bears were actually the team I wanted to win the super bowl if Seattle didn't win after week 2. However, I couldn't stand that offense by the mid point of the season so it changed fairly quickly. 

The tides have turned...they will have an easier time being in the mix to win the division for the next few years.  No tears here.

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

The tides have turned...they will have an easier time being in the mix to win the division for the next few years.  No tears here.

I think newly appointed QB Coach Captain Rodgers will disagree :lol:

Just now, dashoe said:

I think newly appointed QB Coach Captain Rodgers will disagree :lol:

I'm betting GB haven't noticed the way the Colts made their quick turnaround.  

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I was called a hater for predicting them bouncing in the wild card months ago. 

Did you call the Cowboys game?

Just now, RMJ_12 said:

Did you call the Cowboys game?

Nah but since we are on the topic of calling posters out for the teams they root for... Never mind. It's already hard enough as it is being a Jaguars fan. 

1 hour ago, Blood Brother said:

goes without saying but really it all hinges on whether Trubisky can take that next step or not. This Bears defense will have some regression(and may lose Fangio to a HC gig which is TBD) and predicting the Bears to be this healthy again next season is also unlikely. Gonna need Trubisky to elevate his game if the Bears want to sustain being a contender and not a one year wonder.

More or less this is gonna be their team next season since they don't have much cap space to work with and very little draft capital. Improvements will have to come from within the current group

No reason why he (& Nagy) won't get better.  He posted a top 5 QBR rating in this 2nd season, in a new offense...all good in 2019.

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Then another Bears fan called me bitter for predicting Eagles winning.

Fans tend to be clouded.

I called you a bitter Jordan Howard owner to the end.

If you never drafted him, you wouldn’t even be in this thread right now.

”Fans tend to be clouded” - you would know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

No reason why he (& Nagy) won't get better.  He posted a top 5 QBR rating in this 2nd season, in a new offense...all good in 2019.

They could also stay the same or get worse. 

31 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

I called you a bitter Jordan Howard owner to the end.

If you never drafted him, you wouldn’t even be in this thread right now.

”Fans tend to be clouded” - you would know.

You dismissed my prediction because I was a Jordan Howard owner despite him not sniffing my lineup since week 11 or whatever. Yet my prediction was still correct. Not because I was bitter but because it was obvious the Bears were overrated. I've been saying since the start of the season their play style doesn't maximize their strengths. 

You don't have to agree with me but this is interesting. Jaguars fans were just like this last year. Having a problem with everyone and anyone that didn't like something about their team. Not being good for a while does that apparently. I don't have a problem with the Bears. I quite enjoyed watching them obliterate Rodgers. I simply don't think they're as good as their record nor is their coach anything special. Why that's some crazy claim is beyond me.

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You dismissed my prediction because I was a Jordan Howard owner despite him not sniffing my lineup since week 11 or whatever. Yet my prediction was still correct. Not because I was bitter but because it was obvious the Bears were overrated. I've been saying since the start of the season their play style doesn't maximize their strengths. 

You don't have to agree with me but this is interesting. Jaguars fans were just like this last year. Having a problem with everyone and anyone that didn't like something about their team. Not being good for a while does that apparently. I don't have a problem with the Bears. I quite enjoyed watching them obliterate Rodgers. I simply don't think they're as good as their record nor is their coach anything special. Why that's some crazy claim is beyond me.

Love that GHawks can't get the Bears out of his mind.

Go Bearz...back to back with Mitch&Mack in '19.  

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Nah but since we are on the topic of calling posters out for the teams they root for... Never mind. It's already hard enough as it is being a Jaguars fan. 

They won the same amount of playoff games.  My feelings aren't hurt.

Should've easily been 15-1, nothing needed but OT's ...better days ahead.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The most overrated team going into the playoffs in recent memory. People and "experts" were acting like they are some great top 5 team with a destiny to pull off some kind of run. It was quite obvious that they weren't going to do much with what they had on offense. The s--- they pull on offense doesn't work in the playoffs (and regular season as a matter of fact). Andy Reid doesn't have a ring in 20 years coaching for a reason and Nagy is a worse version of him.

Yeah there's some good points here. Nagy needs to "actually learn" from what happened here. His "genius" needs to take a back seat to what works for this team, which is running the ball and playing lockdown defense. That is how playoff games are won. The bears would have won if they had simply followed this formula yesterday. I understand the Bears' defense choked but they got no help from this offense.

I also understand wanting to make Trubisky some sort of standout part of the offense considering the investment in him but losing a playoff game with a lousy game plan is not the way to go about it. Run the ball and let Trubisky do what he does off of that rather than trying to force pass-first, which is the route they went. I'd expected Trubisky to have a nice fantasy day playing off the run game and possibly running in a couple TDs. The Bears could actually have dominated this game imo.

Edited by SuperJoint

Let's be honest...

The biggest mistake was letting one of the hottest teams into the playoffs in the 1st place.

It bit them in end.