Boudewijn

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

A floor can still be 8 catches 80 yards despite the edge of the bell curve existing. The edge of the bell curve is not the floor.

FYI

So, in half of his games this year, Julio has had 6 or fewer receptions and less than 55 yards, yet his "floor" is 8 and 80.  

Thanks for the info.

• Haha 1

I feel like Julio gets bashed way too much.  Yeah, he disappears for a few games every year but so do most elite players.  At the end of the season we will be looking at another 100 catches 1,500 yards and somewhere around 8 TD's.  Yeah we'd all like more TD's and would like that 100-1,500 to be more evenly spread through 16 games, but I'll take a few 4-50-0's in return for a few 10-180-1's.  I love having Julio on my team!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I'm liking Julio to break the TD drought this week vs. TEN

Has he been traded to the Chargers?  That would be awesome.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Correction:  LA Rams (minus Talib)

Big game coming for Austin Hooper then, I guess.

1 hour ago, Bastardo! said:

So, in half of his games this year, Julio has had 6 or fewer receptions and less than 55 yards, yet his "floor" is 8 and 80.  

Thanks for the info.

Anytime!

1 hour ago, Bastardo! said:

Thanks for the info.

In one of those games he scored a TD tho. So he's had 2 bad games out of 6. Still outperforming some top tier receivers drafted ahead of him like Hopkins.

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

In one of those games he scored a TD tho. So he's had 2 bad games out of 6. Still outperforming some top tier receivers drafted ahead of him like Hopkins.

What would really be awesome is if he could outscore the tight-end on his own team.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

What would really be awesome is if he could outscore the tight-end on his own team.

It's about matchups, Arizona can't cover TEs.

9 hours ago, Pooskay said:

I'm liking Julio to break the TD drought this week vs. LAR

Rams trade for Ramsey just in time to shut down Julio.  Another monster week upcoming for Austin Hooper.

Really need to hope Ramsey is either still hurt or inactive because of how recent the trade is. This could be the difference between Julio having a huge game or getting shut down. Would give him a few days to practice with the team. Usually players need at least a week or two to acclimate to the playbook. We should hear reports sometime this week.

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Really need to hope Ramsey is either still hurt or inactive because of how recent the trade is. This could be the difference between Julio having a huge game or getting shut down. Would give him a few days to practice with the team. Usually players need at least a week or two to acclimate to the playbook. We should hear reports sometime this week.

Man that stinks, i dont think he was hurt at all, he was just stalling so he could be traded and not get hurt.

If he gets 4 for 50 this week, consider yourself lucky.  And the math surgeons on this board will still claim his "floor" is 8 for 80.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Man that stinks, i dont think he was hurt at all, he was just stalling so he could be traded and not get hurt.

Considering he was partying with Watson after the game in Houston a couple weeks ago after the game, this seems likely.

Julio's the type of guy who can beat Ramsey one on one.  It should be an awesome battle though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Considering he was partying with Watson after the game in Houston a couple weeks ago after the game, this seems likely.

Julio's the type of guy who can beat Ramsey one on one.  It should be an awesome battle though.

Problem is, ain't no way Matt Ryan is gonna look Julio's way at all now, which means even more targets for his bff, Austin Hooper.

2 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Problem is, ain't no way Matt Ryan is gonna look Julio's way at all now, which means even more targets for his bff, Austin Hooper.

It's not like Weddle's a guy you go after either.

Probably more likely Ridley or Sanu.

Is what it is sucks but now he doesn't play Ramsey during the finals for me anymore week 16... Need to look on the bright side.

• Like 1

Let’s not jump to conclusion. The guy just got traded, even if he is healthy not a guarantee he plays. Doubt he would shadow Julio with all the schemes. Likely will play one side and Julio can move around to avoid him.

• Thanks 1

Oh no, Jalen Ramsey, whatever will Julio do? He shouldn’t even show up on Sunday. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Talib has been placed on IR

Julio owners: NICE!

Peters has been traded to the Ravens

Julio owners: *kool-aid man voice* OH YEAH!!

Jalen Ramsey has been traded to the Rams...

Julio owners: WTF

• Haha 3