Boudewijn

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Talib has been placed on IR

Julio owners: NICE!

Peters has been traded to the Ravens

Julio owners: *kool-aid man voice* OH YEAH!!

Jalen Ramsey has been traded to the Rams...

Julio owners: WTF

The Rams lost two CB's and got one back. 

I think Ramsey probably gets a lot of one on one matchups against Julio and not much safety help.  Probably willing to give up some underneath stuff.

Matt Ryan will probably look to other targets more this week rather than challenge Ramsey to much.

Not worried for Julio, Ramsey usually covers the #1 option on the offense so he'll be on Ridley or Hooper.

• Haha 7

Anybody have any matchup history statistics between Julio and Ramsey or is this their first time meeting against one another?

Still don’t think it’s a given he plays. Can corners just come in right away and play? I know a lot easier to learn a playbook as a corner than say a WR, but can you really join a team and play all the snaps four days later?

He only plays like 70% of the snaps. My local radio was talking about it. The guy pulls himself out of games. No OC in their right mind is going to say, "Julio come on out". He makes the call. He's not even on the field enough to get injured. Yet, he's got a "hip" injury. He is paid like a guy that is in there for 90+% of the snaps. It is so frustrating to own him. I really want to keep him for the Ryan/Jones stack, but that may not even be worth it. He's not even on pace for what he did last year.

6 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

Anybody have any matchup history statistics between Julio and Ramsey or is this their first time meeting against one another?

They have never faced each other

I’m starting Julio. He will get looks. I also think Matt Ryan and esp Julio will want this.

I recall last year Ramsey saying Matt was overrated and Julio wasn’t able to play but backed Matt. Julio I don’t think he has ever played against Ramsey but Julio is Julio. Ramsey ain’t stopping him. Ryan not getting him the ball or targeting him 10 times will be the issue.

Edit: I can see 6/80 or 8/140/1

Edited by Zekepeak86

4 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Still don’t think it’s a given he plays. Can corners just come in right away and play? I know a lot easier to learn a playbook as a corner than say a WR, but can you really join a team and play all the snaps four days later?

If they are just told “You see that big, fast, powerhouse looking dude over there? Yea, OK good, stick on him like glue and dont worry about anything else”

• Like 1

Sunday will be the first meeting between Jones and Ramsey, who has had his way with pretty much every WR he's shadowed since 2017 with the exception of the league's very best talents.

Get your popcorn ready.

2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

If Ramsey plays, he'll be rusty.

Julio will go for 100+/TD

200+ if he doesn't take that extra 20% of plays off.

You start your studs. I rather see Crowder or R Woods go off on my bench and julio have a mediocre julio game than Julio go off on my bench for Crowder or woods because im trying to be cute and avoid Ramsey. (I have crowder and woods, both on bench this week).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

You start your studs. I rather see Crowder or R Woods go off on my bench and julio have a mediocre julio game than Julio go off on my bench for Crowder or woods because im trying to be cute and avoid Ramsey. (I have crowder and woods, both on bench this week).

duh!  Is anyone seriously considering benching him?  It doesn't matter who Julio plays he is capable of having a big game against anyone or a down game against anyone.  You just play him no matter what

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

duh!  Is anyone seriously considering benching him?  It doesn't matter who Julio plays he is capable of having a big game against anyone or a down game against anyone.  You just play him no matter what

It's not Julio I'm worried about . . .

giphy.gif

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

giphy.gif

....a good quarterback?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

giphy.gif

Yet, he leads the league in TD passes and is on pace to eclipse 5,000 passing yards. So, why are you worried about Matt Ryan again?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Yet, he leads the league in TD passes and is on pace to eclipse 5,000 passing yards. So, why are you worried about Matt Ryan again?

Yup, nothing to be worried about in regards to Matt Ryan. If the line can hold up enough for Julios routes to develop he will be fine regardless of who is covering him.. Every game is different McVay and Ramsey may not want to be beat deep so I doubt he's going to be pressing him at the line every snap.. and Julio feasibly could be peppered with 8 catches for 85 yards on mostly underneath routes. Matt Ryan is not even remotely a concern. 

10 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He any good at tackling?  Lord knows no one else on the team is.

Let me see if I can dust off my old Julio Jones owner complaint book.

"He isn't throwing to the best receiver in the NFL every single play!"

"Although he's had 3 games above 100 yards, periodically they put him into triple coverage and someone else catches balls!"

"I wasted my first round pick on a WR who is only 10th in receiving yardage and is one Julio special away form being in the top 3?"

"JAG.  Not enough TDs to justify the price tag."

"Limited on Thursday?  This guy is infuriating to own!  (catches 100 yards and 2 tds four days later)"

"He's clearly not Ryan's favorite target anymore.  White/Freeman/Sanu/Ridley/Hooper is the only guy he targets now."

Did I miss any?  Can we just pin a sticky around draft time so there's no more buyer's remorse for the most talented receiver in the NFL?

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Because he ain't throwing Julio's way with Ramsey covering him.  It'll be all Austin Hooper all the time . . . even more so than usual . . .

3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Because he ain't throwing Julio's way with Ramsey covering him.  It'll be all Austin Hooper all the time . . . even more so than usual . . .

Tbf julio had more targets than Hooper last game

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Did I miss any? 

Yes.  He's got roughly the same number of fantasy point in my league as superstar tight-end Austin Hooper, who has outscored him for three straight weeks and who could have been gotten how many rounds later in redraft?

Just now, Bastardo! said:

Yes.  He's got roughly the same number of fantasy point in my league as superstar tight-end Austin Hooper, who has outscored him for three straight weeks and who could have been gotten how many rounds later in redraft?

...or trade him to me for Stefon Diggs.  He crushed Hooper last week.

3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

It's matchup based, the last 3 weeks have been very TE friendly