Boudewijn

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

atlanta may start to fight dolphins in tank for tuna battle

• Haha 1

I’m really nervous about this situation but hopefully Julio keeps the engine turned on all season after getting the extension 

9 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Looks like a lost season.

Matt Ryan has a hurt ankle, They are out of the playoffs already, have nothing to play, and head coach is about to get fired. 

This team needs to fire Dan Quinn and make Dirk Koetter head coach, then trade for Kenyan Drake and open up the offense

Dirk Koetter? He's a bigger idiot than Quinn

• Thanks 4

Offense moved better with Schaub (yes in garbage time), but I think Julio will be fine if Ryan has to sit. Maybe a slight downgrade.

Of all the "elite" receivers I've owned during my decades of playing fantasy football, Julio Jones is not my favorite.

6 hours ago, philnutz said:

Dirk Koetter? He's a bigger idiot than Quinn

If we are being honest Kyle Shanahan made this offense into a juggernaut which probably masked plenty of issues since he's been gone yes they've still put up some numbers like Matt Ryan this year... But they just seem like empty stats, with Kyle the flow and rhythm of the offense was beautiful and fun to watch.. side note Dirk Koetter is a moron they should clean house.

Julio won the matchup with Ramsey. Funny to watch Ramsey get in Julio's face acting like he was getting the best of him.

Matt Ryan just messed up as usual with some throws that could've given Julio a better day.

15 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Hoping Schaub will force feed him like he did with Andre johnson

Plus he never threw to Andre in the end zone either, so Julio is a perfect match!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

Julio won the matchup with Ramsey. Funny to watch Ramsey get in Julio's face acting like he was getting the best of him.

Matt Ryan just messed up as usual with some throws that could've given Julio a better day.

As a Rams fan, I can endorse this statement. Ramsey played well, but he wasn't completely up to speed on everyone else's assignments.

This was just Matt Ryan being Matt Ryan. 

How much of an impact does the Sanu trade make on Julio?  Will he get more looks in the RZ?

1 hour ago, TommyKramer said:

How much of an impact does the Sanu trade make on Julio?  Will he get more looks in the RZ?

Gotta be him or hooper right. I cannot believe a top 3 wr over the last however many years and they arent getting him 10 targets regardless. Idk what to do with this guy or Keenan Allen. Both seem to be in trouble

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Gotta be him or hooper right. I cannot believe a top 3 wr over the last however many years and they arent getting him 10 targets regardless. Idk what to do with this guy or Keenan Allen. Both seem to be in trouble

Not sure what kind of trouble you're talking with Julio.  In my league he is 10th in ppg and has 14 catches for 201 yards the past 2 weeks.  The BIG games are coming like the always do with Julio.  He is doing just fine

10 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Not sure what kind of trouble you're talking with Julio.  In my league he is 10th in ppg and has 14 catches for 201 yards the past 2 weeks.  The BIG games are coming like the always do with Julio.  He is doing just fine

I believe in Julio he's humming along nice and steady for the most part. The avalanche of 180/1 games are coming I would rather he peaks late and then we will look at his stats at the end of the year and see 1400+ yards like usual. 

With Sanu gone it should boost Julio's snaps. He will be needed more. Sanu was doing a lot of blocking when out there. Julio will need to step into more of a role there and should see more looks as a result of being on the field more. I see no real change in Ridley or Hooper with the loss of Sanu. They will just use Gage and Hardy a lot more to fill the void. The QB is the issue right now. I believe Shaub will be leaning on Julio and Hooper more than anybody else.

How often do star players who are healthy rest at the end of the season if the team is out of contention?

Basically, are we worried that Julio is sat the last few weeks even if he's not hurt?

8 hours ago, theantishere said:

How often do star players who are healthy rest at the end of the season if the team is out of contention?

Basically, are we worried that Julio is sat the last few weeks even if he's not hurt?

That’s a legitimate concern. The only bad years Atlanta has had during his tenure have been 2013 & 2014. He was hurt in 2013 so 2014 is our only basis.  Julio had a great year that year and didn’t sit down the stretch. 6 wins had them in the hunt still though in their weak division so it’s not the same situation as what they could potentially be facing this year. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, theantishere said:

Julio is always dealing with an injury but he always plays through it. The question is whether he is now less likely to play through a nagging injury if his team is tanking or simply out of the playoff hunt. 

Just another week I'm staring at Julio in my lineup and wishing it was Austin Hooper . . .

Capture11111.JPG

Edited by Bastardo!

With sanu gone, I'm hoping they have one less reciever around to give Julio a break every other play. 

2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

Is Dan Quinn even going to be coaching the team in a week? 

2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

sounds good to me. Slot usually means more receptions