The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

Nobody is saying "avoid anyone that's ever had an injury," so no idea who you're talking to.

Posted (edited)

Well I have no idea who you’re talking to since you didn’t quote anyone 

Edited by Panthers8912

Posted (edited)

I'm not surprised.

Edited by bomont
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

I don’t count on injuries, y’all have fun avoiding anyone that’s ever had an injury 

2 hours ago, bomont said:

Nobody is saying "avoid anyone that's ever had an injury," so no idea who you're talking to.

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Well I have no idea who you’re talking to since you didn’t quote anyone 

37 minutes ago, bomont said:

I'm not surprised.

You ladies having fun?

UXYj.gif

• Haha 3

Not half as much as you are with your little cutesy GIF addiction. But since you're apparently jealous no one is picking a fight with you, I'll exit this thread and you 2 can enjoy. 

Lol he’s just making a joke man, it’s not that serious. It was directed at me too and I thought it was funny 

I wouldn't hesitate to draft Beckham this year if he is the best wr on the board when I pick.  The Browns are an ascending team and I like the fact that Mayfield will be throwing to him rather than noodle-arm Eli Manning.  He could easily finish as the top overall wr.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, sjm76 said:

I wouldn't hesitate to draft Beckham this year if he is the best wr on the board when I pick.  The Browns are an ascending team and I like the fact that Mayfield will be throwing to him rather than noodle-arm Eli Manning.  He could easily finish as the top overall wr.

I agree. OBJ has proven to be one of the most talented skill position players in the entire league and I would have him on my radar as early as late in round 1. The only WRs that I would definitely take over him are Hopkins and Adams. I'm still trying to figure out where Beckham fits in among Thomas and Tyreke Hill, however. 

• Like 1

Are people forgetting how many deep shots Mayfield threw that clanked off his receivers hands? He had a great rookie year that would’ve been even better if they didn’t drop so many of his passes. Now imagine ODB there for the deep threat instead of a bunch of rookies...he is going to put up video game numbers. He is my #1 WR. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

he is going to put up video game numbers.

Yeah. I just hope the game isn't again Mortal Kombat with a horrific injury.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ellie826 said:

Are people forgetting how many deep shots Mayfield threw that clanked off his receivers hands? He had a great rookie year that would’ve been even better if they didn’t drop so many of his passes. Now imagine ODB there for the deep threat instead of a bunch of rookies...he is going to put up video game numbers. He is my #1 WR. 

OBJ definitely will open the passing game up completely for Mayfield. I'm curious to see how he and Landry work together on the field. At LSU, they were magical together...feeding off one another, opening routes for one another. Their final year together, they both topped 1000yds receiving. So it makes me wonder if OBJ and Landry can rekindle some of that in Cleveland. If they can, the results will be phenomenal...especially for Baker. 

5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

OBJ definitely will open the passing game up completely for Mayfield. I'm curious to see how he and Landry work together on the field. At LSU, they were magical together...feeding off one another, opening routes for one another. Their final year together, they both topped 1000yds receiving. So it makes me wonder if OBJ and Landry can rekindle some of that in Cleveland. If they can, the results will be phenomenal...especially for Baker. 

Agree with everything you said. I don’t understand the Landry hate. Odb will help everyone else’s stats.

Beckham 1,400 97 13

Landry 1,100 100 6

Mayfield 4,000 36 

Chubb 1,250 14 tds

37 minutes ago, Robrob129killa said:

Chubb 1,250 14 tds

Woah. Ambitious TD projection, especially considering he won’t be the best RB on the team for the second half of the season. Where do you have Chubb ranked overall? 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Woah. Ambitious TD projection, especially considering he won’t be the best RB on the team for the second half of the season. Where do you have Chubb ranked overall? 

He had 10 total tds and 996 yards only started 9 games last season. With the better overall O numbers should go up. I do tiers I have him in the 3rd tier with Bell, mixon Connor Williams Cook 

Edited by Robrob129killa

18 minutes ago, Robrob129killa said:

He had 10 total tds and 996 yards only started 9 games last season. With the better overall O numbers should go up. I do tiers I have him in the 3rd tier with Bell, mixon Connor Williams Cook 

I don’t want to derail this thread too much, but I’d love to see the TD projections for the guys on your top two tiers. 

5 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I don’t want to derail this thread too much, but I’d love to see the TD projections for the guys on your top two tiers. 

I'm assuming the higher tiered players have many more receptions and receiving yards with around the same TDs

1 minute ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I guess I’m not as big of a fantasy nerd as you are. I don’t do td projections. I play in full point ppr so Chubbs value decreases a ton. But my top tier is. Bark, Zeke CMC Kamara. Next is Dj and Gordon. I just believe the addition of Beckham makes this a top 5 offense 

16 minutes ago, Robrob129killa said:

I don’t do td projections. 

But you actually do. That’s how this discussion started lol. I didn’t mean for it to become a big deal, it just struck me as interesting that you had such a high TD projection for Chubb.

Only two RBs rushed for 14+ TDs in 2018, and zero RBs rushed for 14 TDs in 2017 so I figured you must have had him ranked very highly and it caught me off guard when you said third tier. 

9 hours ago, Robrob129killa said:

Chubb 1,250 14 tds

14 TDs on 1250 yards? Those are TE numbers, or big-body WR. 

The only RB to come close to that was Kamara 2017, and he had 13 TDs on 1550 yards. I suggest to tune your predictions a bit :)

23 hours ago, Robrob129killa said:

Beckham 1,400 97 13

Landry 1,100 100 6

Mayfield 4,000 36 

Chubb 1,250 14 tds

Other than the 6 TDs for Landry, I don’t think any of the other ones will happen. This is textbook homer level prognostication right here.

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 1:25 PM, Robrob129killa said:

I guess I’m not as big of a fantasy nerd as you are. I don’t do td projections. 

On 7/21/2019 at 11:49 AM, Robrob129killa said:

Agree with everything you said. I don’t understand the Landry hate. Odb will help everyone else’s stats.

Beckham 1,400 97 13

Landry 1,100 100 6

Mayfield 4,000 36

Chubb 1,250 14 tds

giphy.gif

Edited by jstep13
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 12:49 PM, Robrob129killa said:

Beckham 1,400 97 13

Landry 1,100 100 6

Mayfield 4,000 36 

Chubb 1,250 14 tds

Is your draft gonna look something like this?

Rd 1: Odell

Rd 2: chubb

Rd 3: Baker

Rd 4: Landry 

Rd 5: njoku

Edited by Stonej14
  • Haha 3

So what are some realistic projections assuming he plays 16 games this year? Lets the put the over unders at

1300 yards

90 catches 

10 tds 

I don’t see how any of these aren’t attainable barring injury. Is Landry Njoku and Chubb that much of a different situation than Shepard Engram and saquon? All that changed is the o line, qb, and coaching improved for Odell. Only concern i have is lack of chemistry in his first year but he’s starting to climb into my top 5 wr the more i think about it. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jay2491 said:

So what are some realistic projections assuming he plays 16 games this year? Lets the put the over unders at

1300 yards

90 catches 

10 tds 

I don’t see how any of these aren’t attainable barring injury. Is Landry Njoku and Chubb that much of a different situation than Shepard Engram and saquon? All that changed is the o line, qb, and coaching improved for Odell. Only concern i have is lack of chemistry in his first year but he’s starting to climb into my top 5 wr the more i think about it. 

All 4 of the predictions are attainable just unlikely. I mean 1400 97 and 13 is like prime antonio browns 2nd best season. No one got those numbers last year. 

Landry getting 100 catches isnt likely. I mean how many teams have 2 wrs get 97 catches and an rb with 1250 rushing yards? 

Baker getting 4000 and 36 seems hard as hell since only luck and mahomes got it last year and they were clearly the 2 best QBs in the league last season imo.

And chubb's 14 tds probably wont happen since only Todd g and Alvin k got 14 or more TDs total last season.. 

Like I said they're all possible.. just very unlikely.. all of them together would be one of the best offenses in NFL history. 

That being said I think Odell is a top 3 wr  so he probably gets something like 90 catches for 1250 yards and 10 tds.

Edited by Stonej14