The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

All 4 of the predictions are attainable just unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

1300 yards

90 catches 

10 tds 

He averaged 96/ 1347/ 11.67 in 14.33 gms with Eli Manning. He did this with ZERO running game and Rueben Randle as the other WR "threat." 

If he plays 16 gms those predictions are the floor. Below the floor.

Edited by this guy right here

2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

He averaged 96/ 1347/ 11.67 in 14.33 gms with Eli Manning. He did this with ZERO running game and Rueben Randle as the other WR "threat." 

Well he has only played 16 games once in 5 years I think it's fair to make the speculation that he misses a game or two when making a season long stats prediction. 

That being said how did you get those stats? Even if you take out his 4 game season he only averages 13.75 games a year. For 91 catches for 1290 yards and 10.25 tds.

Still impressive but I like I said in my opinion his season will look more like that. Which is still amaizing. 

7 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

All 4 of the predictions are attainable just unlikely. I mean 1400 97 and 13 is like prime antonio browns 2nd best season. No one got those numbers last year. 

Landry getting 100 catches isnt likely. I mean how many teams have 2 wrs get 97 catches and an rb with 1250 rushing yards? 

Baker getting 4000 and 36 seems hard as hell since only luck and mahomes got it last year and they were clearly the 2 best QBs in the league last season imo.

And chubb's 14 tds probably wont happen since only Todd g and Alvin k got 14 or more TDs total last season.. 

That being said I think Odell is a top 3 wr  so he probably gets something like 90 catches for 1250 yards and 10 tds.

All based on if try stay healthy all year. Gotta get lucky with that. But I think these are easily attainable for each player. I see this as an unstoppable offense. Obj on the outside mayfield on the rise njoku and Landry running crossing routes Chubb in the backfield. I see this team taking over for Pitt as the top offense in the division. 

Last year Big Ben 5129 and 34

brown 104 1297 15

juju 111 1426 7

connor 973 and 12 in 13 games 

11 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

That being said how did you get those stats? Even if you take out his 4 game season he only averages 13.75 games a year. For 91 catches for 1290 yards and 10.25 tds.

I took his first three years. They couldn't run the ball but had at least a modicum of pass protection back then. People blame Eli for Odell's poor year last year but

1) It was 99% the O-line. Impossible to hit Odell deep when pressure is in your face the second the ball is snapped. So, they just focused on stopping Odell on a slant.

2) His averages weren't terrible. Actually they were only slightly lower than his extremely good career averages

Using his stats from a capable offense as comparison as Cleveland will be AT LEAST capable if not elite.

11 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

That being said how did you get those stats?

I took his first three years. They couldn't run the ball but had at least a modicum of pass protection back then. People blame Eli for Odell's poor year last year but.....

1) It was 99% the O-line. Impossible to hit Odell deep when pressure is in your face the second the ball is snapped. So, they just focused on stopping Odell on a slant.

2) He was on pace for 102/1400/8 and the mindless herd continues to push the narrative that he had a horrible year. That's with the worst pass protection I've seen on an NFL field AND a much better supporting cast than years past.

Using his stats from a capable offense as a comparison. Cleveland will be AT LEAST capable, if not elite. 

He should be able to get 95/1350/10 fairly easily IMO

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2019 at 6:53 PM, this guy right here said:

Those numbers aren't any WR's floor. Those are good top-end WR numbers. He could certainly do that or even a tick better, but he could do a little worse and it would still be a good year.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, bomont said:

Those numbers aren't any WR's floor. Those are good top-end WR numbers. He could certainly do that or even a tick better, but he could do a little worse and it would still be a good year.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, bomont said:

He averaged 96/ 1347/ 11.67 in 14.33 gms

Not too far of a stretch to say if he can average those numbers over three years in only a bit over 14 games that those could represent the floor for 16.

Given the quickly rising Mayfield and his overall situation, I've heard stranger things. Although being dinged to one degree or another 3 out of his 5 years is a concern. PS I will not get upset if he is my WR1. Just kicking things around.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:57 AM, this guy right here said:

I took his first three years. They couldn't run the ball but had at least a modicum of pass protection back then. People blame Eli for Odell's poor year last year but.

So you leave off odells bad season cuss they had a run game? I feel like your just purposely trying to skew the data now and  13.75 games for 91 catches and 1290 yards and 10 tds is more accurate 

On 7/23/2019 at 8:57 AM, this guy right here said:

I took his first three years. They couldn't run the ball but had at least a modicum of pass protection back then. People blame Eli for Odell's poor year last year but.....

2) He was on pace for 102/1400/8 and the mindless herd continues to push the narrative that he had a horrible year. That's with the worst pass protection I've seen on an NFL field AND a much better supporting cast than years past.

1) it was not 99.9% the olines fault it was somewhat their fault and mostly eli mannings. The giants had the 20th ranked line at the end of the year according to PFF. That's better than Deshaun Watson, Kirk cousins, Phil rivers, and Russell Wilson's line but they all execute a whole lot better than manning. The bad offensive line is just something giants fans say to defend manning. 

2) I dont kno anyone who thinks he had a bad year it just wasnt top 3 like we want from a top 3 talent the guy cant stay on the field for 16 games and now health is finally a knock against him. Hes earned it. 

I draft 2nd so I wont be getting him/ have a dog in this fight. What amazes me, is how many sites rankings have him as a top 5 wr. For me he is not a safe pick and I would rather have evans, brown, and ju ju over him.

Reasons:

1. Competition for targets landry, callaway, higgins, and njoku. He was the alphadog in NY, now lots capable of mouths to feed. 

2. Cleveland has a better def than NYG which would keep games close and if you look at his schedule l only see 4 games where they will have to keep up with tough offenses.

3. New team, new system, this often does not bode well for wrs.

4. He got paid with lots of guaranteed, could be positive or negative. 

7 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

1. Competition for targets landry, callaway, higgins, and njoku. He was the alphadog in NY, now lots capable of mouths to feed. 

2. Cleveland has a better def than NYG which would keep games close and if you look at his schedule l only see 4 games where they will have to keep up with tough offenses.

1) if the offense is good they'll be plenty of targets to go around. Steelers, chiefs, Falcons, colts, saints (usually but not so much last year), greenbay, Vikings, chargers, rams all support several wide receivers and Rbs or tightends. Callaway, njoku,  and Higgins will have the occasional big game but for the most part theyll be after thoughts. 

2) they may have a better defense but if they score 30 points per game it wont matter too much. I know we want to have the 2018 chiefs situation where every game is a shootout but I'd settle for the 2018 rams situation where they just outscore everyone by 2 or 3 tds 

3) I agree a little with this but Odell was great as a rookie with a new team and offense he was pretty great last year with a new offense and now hes going to a better qb and a better offensive 

4) idk if this is a legit concern. It's always nice to have a guy who is "trying to earn a big deal" but I think it's more of a myth than a reality. Dhop, Julio, AB, green, Hilton, cooks and so many more guys get paid and still produce.

I think his only real concern is playing 16 games. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 3:53 PM, this guy right here said:

Another season and another dude that doesn't understand what a floor is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Another season and another dude that doesn't understand what a floor is.

Eh, floor, ceiling, it's all a matter of perspective.

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I draft 2nd so I wont be getting him/ have a dog in this fight. What amazes me, is how many sites rankings have him as a top 5 wr. For me he is not a safe pick and I would rather have evans, brown, and ju ju over him.

Reasons:

1. He is the alpha dog in Cleveland. Callaway and Higgins are non-factors, even Njoku I don't see getting more than a modest amount. There's no way they aren't looking to Beckham a lot.

2. The whole "their D is good so they will run a lot" IMO doesn't hold up. Chubb is good enough they should be balanced but again there's no way Beckham isn't getting his.

3. True, but they rarely are this good or go to such a great situation. IMO is this is not a concern

4. Maybe, but I think he sees a real chance for a title with this team and that should be plenty of motivation

I am amazed that one of the (arguably the) best WRs around with a great rising QB and great overall situation is not being talked about as one of the probable very best fantasy WRs this year. Injury past is the only real concern I see.  

Edited by bomont

5 minutes ago, bomont said:

I am amazed that one of the (arguably the) best WRs around with a great rising QB and great overall situation is not being talked about as one of the probable very best fantasy WRs this year. Injury past is the only real concern I see.  

Shhh, keep it quiet please. I have exactly the same fear, and I am scared ****less that the fantasy gods will read this and smite OBJ with some injuries. And I say that as a decidedly non-religious person - in this case I'm taking no chances.

• Haha 1

I have to admit, I’m getting 2007 new team Randy Moss vibes from ODB this year. Baker’s not Brady (yet), but Brady wasn’t Brady either before 2007, at least from a fantasy perspective. And better yet Baker’s vindictive and hyper-supportive of his teammates, I think he’ll absolutely feed Beckham so they can both give a middle finger to anyone who ever doubted him; Beckham as revenge, Baker because I suspect he likes giving middle fingers to people in general. I’ve got him as my WR2 behind only Adams right now.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 8:18 AM, bomont said:

I am amazed that one of the (arguably the) best WRs around with a great rising QB and great overall situation is not being talked about as one of the probable very best fantasy WRs this year.

Why do you care about talk?  OBJ is being drafted in the first round, 3rd WR off the board.  Nothing to talk about because it's so obvious.

It just feels like he has something to prove.  The guy felt slighted/underappreciated to say the least in NY so you know he wants to showcase his worth/talent.  A lot of expectations in Cleveland and for as young as he is, he has the most experience on that offense along with Landry.

The only real concern is injury.  If he can stay on the field for 16 games, I think top 5 WR numbers is a given.

Mayfield practically campaigned for OBJ so I don't think there will be any issues with target share. 

Callaway is a non-factor IMO.  Great talent but still very raw - guy only runs go routes and had a bad case of the dropsies last season.  Plus he is a bonehead.

Landry/Chubb are good for OBJ because it will take the defensive spotlight off of him.  

We have see his ceiling and upside.  If he can keep his emotions in check and stay on the field, he has a QB that fully supports him and is capable of getting him the ball.

I see OBJ as something to prove this year as well. IMO highest ceiling of any WR but also one of the lowest floors. Injuries are also of course something that he’s had to deal with in the past. I do think however he will have a great year. All the arrows point up,  much better offense and something to prove. Plus the talent around might take some pressure of him giving him one on one opportunities.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Why do you care about talk?  OBJ is being drafted in the first round, 3rd WR off the board.  Nothing to talk about because it's so obvious.

?  I don't care. I just said I was amazed. Do you really not understand the difference?

PS he is not the 3d WR off the board, at least not if you pray at the alter of some ADP (which I don't but sounds like you do). In fact very few if any ADPs, mocks etc do I see him the 3d WR off the board, although that would be my inclination. (Well, maybe 4th now with Hill back)

Why do you care that I care?

Now do you actually have anything worthwhile to contribute about this player, or is "it's so obvious," "why do you care" and misinformation about his ADP the best you got? 

Edited by bomont
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Fierylady said:

I have to admit, I’m getting 2007 new team Randy Moss vibes from ODB this year. Baker’s not Brady (yet), but Brady wasn’t Brady either before 2007, at least from a fantasy perspective. And better yet Baker’s vindictive and hyper-supportive of his teammates, I think he’ll absolutely feed Beckham so they can both give a middle finger to anyone who ever doubted him; Beckham as revenge, Baker because I suspect he likes giving middle fingers to people in general. I’ve got him as my WR2 behind only Adams right now

People are sleeping on ODB, Mayfield has the arm to give this guy the fantasy numbers to get him in the Top 5 this season, he definitely will end in the Top 10, it wouldn't surprise me if he made it into the top 5 or even 3

And he had a freak injury that he was still recovering from the year before last..... Take a chance, that's how you win in fantasy

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

People are sleeping on ODB, Mayfield has the arm to give this guy the fantasy numbers to get him in the Top 5 this season, he definitely will end in the Top 10, it wouldn't surprise me if he made it into the top 5 or even 3

And he had a freak injury that he was still recovering from the year before last..... Take a chance, that's how you win in fantasy

He's being drafted as the WR5 so it shouldn't surprise anyone if he finishes in the top 5

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MayorMcCheese said:

He's being drafted as the WR5 so it shouldn't surprise anyone if he finishes in the top 5

I was thinking the same exact thing!