The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SvanE42 said:

I seriously can't decide if OBJ is a buy low candidate or not. The offense looked much better this past week with a bigger emphasis on Chubb. Landry led the team but OBJ was getting tough shadow coverage all game. I can't help but feel like this might be a great buying opportunity. He has a great schedule in the second half of the season from a pass def efficiency perspective (per Warren Sharp's tool - https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/2019-strength-of-schedule--off-.html)

I think he is, Beckham's a threat for a td every time he touches the ball. His time will come.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

This guy is really hurting my team. Not worth where he went this year or last. I traded him away after starting 1-3 last year and made the mistake of drafting him again thinking he’d do better with Baker. Here I am at 1-3 again, FML. 

prime bounce back incoming he is about to get fed ..double digit targets easily esp if landry is out 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

I think he blows up on prime time this week.  He loves the spot light.   

Unfortunately it doesn't matter.   It hasn't been a Beckham problem.  It's a Mayfield and O-line problem.

• Like 1

I let him go for Larry Fitz and Calvin ridley. Was not deep at wr by any means. So I didn't pull an incredible return but Larry is a very high end wr2 in full ppr, in my opinion. Ya gota think odell and the browns figure it out. Last week they figured chubb out, one of these next couple weeks will be obj turn. 

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Unfortunately it doesn't matter.   It hasn't been a Beckham problem.  It's a Mayfield and O-line problem.

Mayfield and the o line played pretty good last week. Beckham had another meltdown fighting(and losing) to the other teams cb. 

• Haha 1

Is mayfield a concern? yes. Do I expect that at some point, the browns figure it out and let Baker play to his strengths, like they did last season down the stretch? Also yes.

Obviously I could be wrong, we're playing a game of making educated guesses against unknowns and variability. But at the end of the day, I'll take a top 3 WR talent thats already proven it on a bad team, to show up eventually on a  team that showed promise as recently as last season.

Lets go!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Mayfield and the o line played pretty good last week. Beckham had another meltdown fighting(and losing) to the other teams cb. 

Is this the only Browns game you've watched this year? 

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Is this the only Browns game you've watched this year? 

No I’ve watched most of them. I was commenting on last week obviously, hence why I said last week. 

Would be super dope if this guy could be good again.

13 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

No I’ve watched most of them. I was commenting on last week obviously, hence why I said last week. 

And I was commenting on lack of fantasy production so far.

You just have to plug and play. It's week 5 of the first season together. Hopefully, as the season progresses, the chemistry takes hold. Look at the Miami Heat Big 3 their first season. OBJ should be fine. With Chubb busting off last week and the team proving they have other weapons that can win them games, OBJ will find room to wiggle. Don't make any hasty moves and sell low. Not yet at least. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

This guy is really hurting my team. Not worth where he went this year or last. I traded him away after starting 1-3 last year and made the mistake of drafting him again thinking he’d do better with Baker. Here I am at 1-3 again, FML. 

I'm really lucky my other receivers have been picking up his slack, but there's nothing I can do with him other than start him every week and hope that the breakout games are eventually coming. I'm keeping the faith.

On 9/29/2019 at 4:55 PM, The 7th Beatles said:

Normally, I'd take that kind of response as a deflection, but with this guy, it seems like a perfectly valid explanation. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, Mrmann1 said:

I let him go for Larry Fitz and Calvin ridley. Was not deep at wr by any means. So I didn't pull an incredible return but Larry is a very high end wr2 in full ppr, in my opinion. Ya gota think odell and the browns figure it out. Last week they figured chubb out, one of these next couple weeks will be obj turn

That's grossly oversimplifying things

On 10/2/2019 at 10:37 AM, rushfive said:

Is mayfield a concern? yes. Do I expect that at some point, the browns figure it out and let Baker play to his strengths, like they did last season down the stretch? Also yes.

Obviously I could be wrong, we're playing a game of making educated guesses against unknowns and variability. But at the end of the day, I'll take a top 3 WR talent thats already proven it on a bad team, to show up eventually on a  team that showed promise as recently as last season.

Lets go!

This guy doing self-therapy with this post.

4 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

This guy doing self-therapy with this post.

I’m afraid he’s not the same player who burst onto the scene his first couple years. 

9 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I’m afraid he’s not the same player who burst onto the scene his first couple years. 

I was tempted to agree with you at first but the more I look into it I think he still is.

He's on pace for 84 catches and 1232 yards. 

I do wonder though about the TDs though...

I think it's time for a good-ol'fashioned WR temper tantrum that begins and ends with "Just throw me the damn ball!"

22 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

I think it's time for a good-ol'fashioned WR temper tantrum that begins and ends with "Just throw me the damn ball!"

Yeah him whining should go over real well