The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

Last three games: 6-56, 2-27, 2-20. Seattle, BYE, then he goes NE, DEN, BUF.

Things might not get better until Week 11. Woof.

Its not his fault, awful coach and awful qb... This is a Giants fan defending him too.. Freddie Kitchens and the Browns were a cute story last year but he should not be a head coach and is a horrendous play caller.

• Like 2

At least he had a better QBR than Baker, so it's not all bad news.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

Washed up Eli was actually a better quarterback then Baker. Who would of thought.

OBJ has 23 receptions through 5 games.....WOW!

This would never happen on Eli's watch lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Benched. Can’t start at all with trash qb. 

I love overreactions 😂

I thought this guy was a good buy low and I traded Godwin for him two weeks ago...every week I keep saying, "it can only get better from here, right?". I'm starting to think now that might not be the case. The only way I see things getting significantly better for him is if Freddie gets fired and Baker can start playing like an NFL QB, which is asking for a lot. For now I'm treating him as a low end boom/bust WR2, which I really hope he proves me wrong about soon. In my opinion he's gone from the "buy low" category to the "do not trade for" category. I think at this point too you just have to hold onto him if you own him and hope for the best because you aren't going to get worthwhile value in return anymore.

One of the worst situations to be in owning OBJ.

You can't start him without the fear of his floor, which has been evident the last 3 full games but you also can't bench him.

Trade value is all out of line, since you're going to want someone back who you're valuing his peak to be at, but you likely won't get that from any owner watching how awful Mayfield is... and Mayfield is bad. 

Can't really trust, can't really trade and can't exactly bench... man this is a tough spot. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I thought this guy was a good buy low and I traded Godwin for him two weeks ago...every week I keep saying, "it can only get better from here, right?". I'm starting to think now that might not be the case. The only way I see things getting significantly better for him is if Freddie gets fired and Baker can start playing like an NFL QB, which is asking for a lot. For now I'm treating him as a low end boom/bust WR2, which I really hope he proves me wrong about soon. In my opinion he's gone from the "buy low" category to the "do not trade for" category. I think at this point too you just have to hold onto him if you own him and hope for the best because you aren't going to get worthwhile value in return anymore.

I actually feel bad for Odell as a Giants fan.. Now has an incompetent QB to go along with an incompetent coach quite the tandem. Kitchens game plans are borderline pathetic he needs to be fired or at minimum play calling needs to be revoked from him.. I honestly hope he throws a tantrum he's been well behaved I don't think he will but he's almost warranted for a change.. the Coach is a clown show

Edited by NyZD

9 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

I love overreactions 😂

I dont know dude, i have watched every single play and Baker might be the worst QB in the NFL right now. Maybe it isnt all of his fault due to oline play, but he is so bad if the first read isnt there it is comical

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

OBJ has 23 receptions through 5 games.....WOW!

This would never happen on Eli's watch lol.

spacer.png

• Haha 5

For all the complaining from their owners, I would way way rather own Hopkins, Adams, or Julio then this guy.

Those guys are all solid bets for regression to the mean.

With OBJ, I’m not so sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, atrium said:

For all the complaining from their owners, I would way way rather own Hopkins, Adams, or Julio then this guy.

Yep.  Cleveland has the worst offense of any of those guys' teams, and Odell has the most competition for touches of any of them.  Bad combination.  

This team relies heavily on Chubb, and Landy has also been targeted heavily the last couple of games.  I think Odell is a WR2 rest of the season.  Bad value for where he was picked. 

10 minutes ago, atrium said:

Sadly I own Hop and OBJ in a league .

12 minutes ago, atrium said:

That's exactly it. As a Julio owner I'm not worried because I've seen that he can get it done, the last two weeks have just been regression to the mean as you stated (Keenan Allen owners are probably feeling the same right now), but with Beckham we haven't seen anything substantial to justify value outside of one play against the Jets.

As someone who may be looking to trade for OBJ I'm curious to hear what owners may be willing to take for him this week.

I don't understand how they're not even just throwing Beckham 4-5 slants a game. just get him the ball at speed with even the smallest amount of space and he's shown he can make a lot of things happen. I don't own him anywhere but this is genuinely confusing to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, MoonBlaster said:

That's exactly it. As a Julio owner I'm not worried because I've seen that he can get it done, the last two weeks have just been regression to the mean as you stated (Keenan Allen owners are probably feeling the same right now), but with Beckham we haven't seen anything substantial to justify value outside of one play against the Jets.

As someone who may be looking to trade for OBJ I'm curious to hear what owners may be willing to take for him this week.

OBJ was responsible for 95% of that play IIRC too. It was like a 10 yard screen that he took too the house from 90 yards out

The offensive play calling and QB have created nothing for him so far

2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I don't understand how they're not even just throwing Beckham 4-5 slants a game. just get him the ball at speed with even the smallest amount of space and he's shown he can make a lot of things happen. I don't own him anywhere but this is genuinely confusing to me. 

It’s mind numbing. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure that’s how he busted out that monster TD vs the Jets

1 minute ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

It’s mind numbing. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure that’s how he busted out that monster TD vs the Jets

Yea it was just a 10 yard seam route and he put a move on one of the best safeties in the league jamal adams and took it to the house. The deep ball and long developing routes cant work right now with mayfield seeing ghosts, they have got to figure out the quick passing game to make this work

• Like 1

Defenses know he’s the first read so they’re taking everything away. I think that’s why we saw him line up in the backfield and even the quick screen at the line just to get him the ball. He’s a terror on a slant or a drag route but those don’t seem to be in Kitchens’ play sheet. As an owner I’m still hesitant to give him up. There’s too much talent here for them to not get it figured out. The only players an OBJ owner would probably move for likely aren’t available.