The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

The Browns should just trade Beckham away at this point and tank.  Landry would be so pissed.  I’m sure some team out there needs a WR.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Yea it was just a 10 yard seam route and he put a move on one of the best safeties in the league jamal adams and took it to the house. The deep ball and long developing routes cant work right now with mayfield seeing ghosts, they have got to figure out the quick passing game to make this work

Kitchens is a goon, Mayfield looks like a deer in headlights should be only three step drops predominantly shallow crosses, slants, screens etc. This ridiculous coach has everyone running 20 yards downfield literally the entire receiving core. 

Just now, FootballOutsider said:

Defenses know he’s the first read so they’re taking everything away. I think that’s why we saw him line up in the backfield and even the quick screen at the line just to get him the ball. He’s a terror on a slant or a drag route but those don’t seem to be in Kitchens’ play sheet. As an owner I’m still hesitant to give him up. There’s too much talent here for them to not get it figured out. The only players an OBJ owner would probably move for likely aren’t available. 

You’d have to two for 1 him, anyone that has watched Mayfield and Kitchens operate this season knows this is a ticking time bomb

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, FootballOutsider said:

Defenses know he’s the first read so they’re taking everything away. I think that’s why we saw him line up in the backfield and even the quick screen at the line just to get him the ball. He’s a terror on a slant or a drag route but those don’t seem to be in Kitchens’ play sheet. As an owner I’m still hesitant to give him up. There’s too much talent here for them to not get it figured out. The only players an OBJ owner would probably move for likely aren’t available. 

Kitchens running gadget plays with Odell Beckham is borderline laughable and just shows what an incompetent coach he is.. His QB looks shook and should be doing 3 step drops shallow crossing routes, slants, screens etc. Kitchens has everyone running 20 yards downfield I swear I feel like I'm watching a high school football team with him calling plays also he should add those plays to his play sheet you conform to the talent you have. I said this a few times in numerous threads the coach is horrendous and if you swapped him out with Jay Gruden right now immediately the next game going forward you would see a vast improvement never will happen one can dream... I am 100% on Odells side and honestly hopes he just goes off in the media eventually.

Edited by NyZD
  • Like 2

Just now, NyZD said:

Kitchens running gadget plays with Odell Beckham is borderline laughable and just shows what an incompetent coach he is.. His QB looks shook and should be doing 3 step drops shallow crossing routes, slants, screens etc. Kitchens has everyone running 20 yards downfield I swear I feel like I'm watching a high school football team with him calling plays also he should add those plays to his play sheet you conform to the talent you have. I said this a few times in numerous threads the coach is horrendous and if you swapped in out with Jay Gruden right now immediately the next game going forward you would see a vast improvement never will happen one can dream.

I agree with you. I said the same in the Baker thread. As a Browns fan what sealed it for me was Kitchens calling double moves downfield while they were throwing from their own endzone against the Titans. The game plan against the Ravens was perfect. 

Odell is reaping everything he has sowed.  Bitching about a future HOF qb, talking bout how its nice to catch a ball from someone who has an arm 😂 seriously, i could not be more happy for this diva.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WayneFontes said:
  1. Nice little flex play ROS

Not everyone plays in 20 team leagues man

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

"This wasn't no business move," Beckham told Ben Baskin of Sports Illustrated. "This was personal. They thought they'd send me here to die."

Not funny, but funny. I mean Freddie Kitchens and Baker Mayfield should be brought up on criminal charges soon this is ridiculous.

Gettlemen low key evil genius. 

Edited by NyZD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, FootballOutsider said:

He's always been the first read, however there is a huge difference here. 

With the Giants, he had a QB who wasn't afraid to throw into coverage. Eli threw OBJ open sometimes and when OBJ wasn't open, he still gave OBJ a chance to use his athleticism. Sometimes it blew up in their face. Most of the time it worked. Baker just doesn't have that confidence yet. In the NFL, if a receiver has a step, they are open. It just looks like the game is too fast for him right now. Bakers mechanics are off and his O-Line isn't helping. Combine that with Kitchens awful play calling and you have what we have now.

Can it change? Sure, but that's up to Kitchens ad his play selection. More shorter throws, more looks to OBJ, etc. But that immediate schedule is dreadful and we could see much of the same.

Edited by nonstopfan

1 hour ago, MoonBlaster said:

That's exactly it. As a Julio owner I'm not worried because I've seen that he can get it done, the last two weeks have just been regression to the mean as you stated (Keenan Allen owners are probably feeling the same right now), but with Beckham we haven't seen anything substantial to justify value outside of one play against the Jets.

As someone who may be looking to trade for OBJ I'm curious to hear what owners may be willing to take for him this week.

Aaron Jones, Kerryon Johnson, Jordan Howard. Any rb will do for me, F Beckham, I’m done! 

1 hour ago, Bish0p said:

Odell is reaping everything he has sowed.  Bitching about a future HOF qb, talking bout how its nice to catch a ball from someone who has an arm 😂 seriously, i could not be more happy for this diva.

Giants fan....Odell was in the right to call out Eli + There's a reason why the Giants drafted a QB in 01.06 and Eli is no longer starting.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, goke said:

Giants fan....Odell was in the right to call out Eli + There's a reason why the Giants drafted a QB in 01.06 and Eli is no longer starting.

Odell is a ticking time bomb with Mayfield, he’s both losing and incapable of receiving the ball and getting stats due to mayfields incompetence

Seems like a painful hold. Don’t see anyone you can realistically get in return unless you just want to dump him. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, goke said:

We’ll agree to disagree i suppose.  His value has never been lower at any point in his career and it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. 

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

He's always been the first read, however there is a huge difference here. 

With the Giants, he had a QB who wasn't afraid to throw into coverage. Eli threw OBJ open sometimes and when OBJ wasn't open, he still gave OBJ a chance to use his athleticism. Sometimes it blew up in their face. Most of the time it worked. Baker just doesn't have that confidence yet. In the NFL, if a receiver has a step, they are open. It just looks like the game is too fast for him right now. Bakers mechanics are off and his O-Line isn't helping. Combine that with Kitchens awful play calling and you have what we have now.

Can it change? Sure, but that's up to Kitchens ad his play selection. More shorter throws, more looks to OBJ, etc. But that immediate schedule is dreadful and we could see much of the same.

Yup, shorter slant routes to Odell. Let your player makers do what they do. I mean Landry is great and all, but cmon you gotta switch it up every now and then. 

Hopefully things change. They got flat out whooped against my Niners, who were missing 2 of their top 3 DBs. Maybe they could use him at QB more?

3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Hopefully things change. They got flat out whooped against my Niners, who were missing 2 of their top 3 DBs. Maybe they could use him at QB more?

Niners are a very scary defense, people just don't know yet. Nick Bosa is the truth , & just wait until Witherspoon is back. Better days are ahead for OBJ tho, you just gotta ride the peaks and valleys , what else can you do at this point. So happy I don't own him in any leagues lol