The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Bish0p said:

We’ll agree to disagree i suppose.  His value has never been lower at any point in his career and it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. 

I love Eli as much as any other Giants fan. Odell was not in the right to publicly call out Eli. But he wasn't wrong on what he said.

3 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

He's always been the first read, however there is a huge difference here. 

With the Giants, he had a QB who wasn't afraid to throw into coverage. Eli threw OBJ open sometimes and when OBJ wasn't open, he still gave OBJ a chance to use his athleticism. Sometimes it blew up in their face. Most of the time it worked. Baker just doesn't have that confidence yet. In the NFL, if a receiver has a step, they are open. It just looks like the game is too fast for him right now. Bakers mechanics are off and his O-Line isn't helping. Combine that with Kitchens awful play calling and you have what we have now.

Can it change? Sure, but that's up to Kitchens ad his play selection. More shorter throws, more looks to OBJ, etc. But that immediate schedule is dreadful and we could see much of the same.

Baker is not a HOF QB. Eli is (and OBJ never even played with prime Eli). 

The end.

At least CLE is losing so they have incentive to change.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Baker is not a HOF QB. Eli is (and OBJ never even played with prime Eli). 

The end.

At least CLE is losing so they have incentive to change.

Change? Yea. Maybe if OBJ stops worrying about what watch he wants to wear during the games 

• Like 1

As an OBJ fan and owner in sickened.

I’m fielding offers right now in my leagues and honestly might take 75 cents on the dollar or less 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

I’m fielding offers right now in my leagues and honestly might take 75 cents on the dollar or less 

I love this. I’m trying to buy everywhere I can. 

31 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

I’m definitely selling this team will be a dumpster fire all year. Him and Jarvis will implode on baker or the coach. I will take a low end rb2 at this point 

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Enjoy mediocrity! That’s actually being too kind. He has been flat out awful. Not worth a start. 

8 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

He's always been the first read, however there is a huge difference here. 

With the Giants, he had a QB who wasn't afraid to throw into coverage. Eli threw OBJ open sometimes and when OBJ wasn't open, he still gave OBJ a chance to use his athleticism. Sometimes it blew up in their face. Most of the time it worked. Baker just doesn't have that confidence yet. In the NFL, if a receiver has a step, they are open. It just looks like the game is too fast for him right now. Bakers mechanics are off and his O-Line isn't helping. Combine that with Kitchens awful play calling and you have what we have now.

Can it change? Sure, but that's up to Kitchens ad his play selection. More shorter throws, more looks to OBJ, etc. But that immediate schedule is dreadful and we could see much of the same.

This is a good point, even last year Mayfield was willing to challenge defenses by throwing into tight windows... this year it's not there. Baker is clearly shook by the media (even if he refuses to admit it) and looks to be trying way too hard to play mistake-free football instead of being loose and confident. It's weird how the team can look so perfectly in sync for a drive or two at a time and then all of a sudden the wheels fall off and they never find their rhythm again all game.

8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

His name still holds value this is our only hope of shipping him 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I'm buying too but will owners give him up?  With his name alone, they will probably want something good in return but his play/numbers doesn't warrant it.

If an owner wants someone like Ridley, Sutton, Fuller for him...I'd gladly do that deal but will they accept? Probably not - then they are just stuck with him.

Edited by ludawg23

How hard is it to draw up a slant for this guy?

Ben McAdoo and the ghost of Eli Manning got him 1367 yards and 10 TDs.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

How hard is it to draw up a slant for this guy?

Ben McAdoo and the ghost of Eli Manning got him 1367 yards and 10 TDs.

For real!

• Like 1

The issue is that Cleveland uses OBJ like if you just get it in his hands he will magically score TD's. If you didn't have a specific plan for how OBJ fits in your offense then why trade for him? 

It doesn't make sense to trade for a top WR if you have to try to figure out how to get the ball in his hands. Why is OBJ throwing passes and running end arounds? 

9 minutes ago, Brianmsbc said:

The issue is that Cleveland uses OBJ like if you just get it in his hands he will magically score TD's. If you didn't have a specific plan for how OBJ fits in your offense then why trade for him? 

It doesn't make sense to trade for a top WR if you have to try to figure out how to get the ball in his hands. Why is OBJ throwing passes and running end arounds? 

Because like you said, that's the only way they can get the ball in his hands

Posted (edited)

Cleveland needs Jay Gruden to ride in on a white horse carrying a joust thrusting it into Freddie Kitchens knocking him out of the state of Cleveland, take over play calling leading to OBJ living happily ever after.

Or any competent offensive play caller thats available......

Edited by NyZD
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Brianmsbc said:

Yes logic would say you should run a few slants or shallow crosses when your QB doesn't have much time to throw and sucks. Freddie Kitchens doesn't strike me as logical and he would rather make Odell into a gadget player like he's freakin Cordarelle Patterson or some garbage 🤬

• Haha 1

Seems like there's no excuse for the Browns not being able to get OBJ some quick slants and some shallow routes over the middle where they can just dump it to him and let him run. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

tenor.gif

At lease panicking about OBJ keep my mind off of panicking about JuJu. 

Personally just gonna stay the course with him, might bench for now till he shows signs of life. This makes picking up Chark in week 2 feel a lot better, because I would be triggered otherwise.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, K197040 said:

At lease panicking about OBJ keep my mind off of panicking about JuJu. 

LOL I'm on the same boat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, goke said:

I love Eli as much as any other Giants fan. Odell was not in the right to publicly call out Eli. But he wasn't wrong on what he said.

How was he not wrong? Id like to hear your argument, honestly.  With eli, odell was a top 3 wr in the league, with trashfield? Im guessing in the 25-30 range, im too lazy to look it up.

Odell is going to be fine. If I remember Odell had 2 drops and a 3rd long gain he almost made a great catch. Baker needs to stop being scared to throw it into coverage with Odell.

22 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Odell is going to be fine. If I remember Odell had 2 drops and a 3rd long gain he almost made a great catch. Baker needs to stop being scared to throw it into coverage with Odell.

I'm not worried about Odell's ability.  But very concerned about Baker's ability to get him the ball.

Seemed like he might have had a long TD on that first interception.