The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

I'm buying too but will owners give him up?  With his name alone, they will probably want something good in return but his play/numbers doesn't warrant it.

If an owner wants someone like Ridley, Sutton, Fuller for him...I'd gladly do that deal but will they accept? Probably not - then they are just stuck with him.

I think you are about a rung too low in redraft. You are trying to buy at 60 cents on the dollar and you will have to be closer to 80 cents. 

I think if you start getting in the Godwin, Woods tier you have a shot. 

In Dynasty if you can buy at 90-95 cents on the dollar do it. Guy is an elite talent, and isn't the problem. I said this about Diggs as well, and this applies mostly to dynasty format.....3-4 years of good production means there is not a reason to panic because of 3-4 down weeks. I do understand though how in re-draft a lot of guys with Beckham are sitting at 0-5, 1-4 etc. and now is go time. 

Edited by mpat15
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

I think you are about a rung too low in redraft. You are trying to buy at 60 cents on the dollar and you will have to be closer to 80 cents. 

I think if you start getting in the Godwin, Woods tier you have a shot. 

In Dynasty if you can buy at 90-95 cents on the dollar do it. Guy is an elite talent, and isn't the problem. I said this about Diggs as well, and this applies mostly to dynasty format.....3-4 years of good production means there is not a reason to panic because of 3-4 down weeks. I do understand though how in re-draft a lot of guys with Beckham are sitting at 0-5, 1-4 etc. and now is go time. 

The Godwid, Woods tier?   I think those are different tiers at this point.  I don't think you have any shot of getting Godwin for OBJ straight up at this point.  Woods is more likely.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Lmaoooo this dude said Godwin for Odell 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Someone gonna break their phone screen pressing reject so hard 

I have both and thought I was stacked, OBJ weighing us owners down!

Anyone get anything for him? Couldn’t even get Henry in a ppr 

• Haha 1

Eagles trade rumors floating around...

Trade him trade him trade him!!!! If you can get Alshon for him, do it!!!! He is completely overrated and should in no way be considered elite. Do not buy low! Sell high and run!!!! By high I mean take whatever you can get. I moved him for the Cleveland defense. As often as they will be on the field they are bound to have great opportunities for sacks and forced fumbles! Winning! Smartest one in the room baby!!!!!!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, billydough said:

Traded OBJ and Devonta for Sutton and Gurley. 

Feels good man

At least spit on it next time. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Eagles trade rumors floating 

dubious source here, but ... wtf knows - 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Would you guys offer Evans for OBJ? The Browns’ schedule gets a lot easier for the FF playoffs

22 hours ago, Bish0p said:

Odell is reaping everything he has sowed.  Bitching about a future HOF qb, talking bout how its nice to catch a ball from someone who has an arm 😂 seriously, i could not be more happy for this diva.

I'm not really sure Eli is a HoF QB. Does 2 Super Bowl wins (helped largely by exceptional defensive efforts) and longevity offset the fact that at his peak he was mostly just "pretty good"? Is it the Hall of Pretty Good now? He certainly wasn't playing at a HoF level when Odell was on the team and his arm strength really had largely left him at that point. What exactly did Odell say that was untrue?

I might offer somebody like Conner for him and see if I can get a bite. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I'm not really sure Eli is a HoF QB. Does 2 Super Bowl wins (helped largely by exceptional defensive efforts) and longevity offset the fact that at his peak he was mostly just "pretty good"? Is it the Hall of Pretty Good now? He certainly wasn't playing at a HoF level when Odell was on the team and his arm strength really had largely left him at that point. What exactly did Odell say that was untrue?

He for sure is, I hate to say it but he is. He not only has two super bowl rings but the two super bowl MVP’s makes him a lock IMO

Being a Manning and playing in New York doesnt hurt either. Neither does beating arguably the greatest coach and QB not once but twice in the Super Bowl. Probably not a first ballot because of a .500 career record and pretty average cumulative stats but a HOF lock for sure IMO

Edited by dakimbell
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, yossarian said:

The largely exceptional defensive effort for the second Super Bowl isn’t exactly true and is more revisionist history than anything. Eli pretty much carried the team from start to finish in 2011. Bottom 5 running game and was constantly pulling games out of the fire. Led the league in both game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks. For me personally it’s one of the better seasons I’ve ever seen from a quarterback. The defense did begin to play better and put it together for the playoffs but to act like he was dragged there is kinda ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I’m trying to trade Odell for Coleman. 

Crazy.

Just offloaded him.  he’s going nowhere in this offense.  Landry is the favorite target, no matter how much they try to get him involved.  Traded him, Mixon, and Dissly for TY, J. Jacobs, and Engram to someone who needed a win this week.  I feel like a great weight has been lifted from my team.  Can’t tell if it’s because of OBJ or Mixon, or both, but buhbye!!!  Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

25 minutes ago, statrax said:

Would you guys offer Evans for OBJ? The Browns’ schedule gets a lot easier for the FF playoffs

Nah. Evans is going through a rough patch because opposing defenses are focusing on shutting him down and letting Godwin run wild. At some point they’re going to give Godwin more attention. In general the Bucs don’t look like a dumpster fire. Plenty of reason to believe Evans can still top 1000 yards and score a few more TDs.

Whereas this Browns team looks like a total joke that in many ways isn’t any better than the Manziel-era team, which is quite an accomplishment because I don’t think there are any players left on the team from back then. It’s like a Ship of Theseus paradox in NFL form. Mayfield looks scurred on every play. OBJ is having more success throwing and running the ball than he is catching it. It’s crazy town, and it looks like the kind of crazy that doesn’t get fixed until the front office cleans house in the off-season. The matchups are pretty brutal until they play the Fins in Week 12. By then most OBJ owners will be out of it unless they drafted well elsewhere.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

The largely exceptional defensive effort for the second Super Bowl isn’t exactly true and is more revisionist history than anything. Eli pretty much carried the team from start to finish in 2011. Bottom 5 running game and was constantly pulling games out of the fire. Led the league in both game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks. For me personally it’s one of the better seasons I’ve ever seen from a quarterback. The defense did begin to play better and put it together for the playoffs but to act like he was dragged there is kinda ridiculous.

so his best, most amazing year was a year in which he finished 6th in TDs (29), threw 16 INTs (might have had something to do with why he was always having to lead comebacks), and his team finished 9-7 in the regular season? That's a HoF quarterback? The guy was ok for a long long time. He had two exceptional Super Bowl runs. He's getting in to the HoF based on 8 games?

one of my teams is doing quite well this season. I might try to trade for OBJ just for that playoff schedule--I think I can afford to offload somebody like Golladay for him. 

Edited by yossarian

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, yossarian said:

so his best, most amazing year was a year in which he finished 6th in TDs (29), threw 16 INTs (might have had something to do with why he was always having to lead comebacks), and his team finished 9-7 in the regular season? That's a HoF quarterback? The guy was ok for a long long time. He had two exceptional Super Bowl runs. He's getting in to the HoF based on 8 games?

Yes he is getting in the HOF based off 8 games and two historic and memorable Super Bowls exactly that and compiling stats.. Joe Namath is in the HOF then we should take him out as well to go along with dozens of other players like that. This argument is dumb and there is never a winner those Super Bowls are so intrenched with the history of the NFL especially with how dominant the Pats have been. Therefor he will make it into the HOF simple. Also the 2011 Super Bowl run was more offense than defense, Nicks, Cruz ,Manningham were all outstanding Eli threw 9 TDS 1 INT and 300 yards per game that run... for a comparison Big Ben threw  7 TDs one run and just 3 TDs the other run.... Eli is not some otherworldly QB but the uneducated people need to stop saying that the defense won him both Super Bowls its ridiculous he's not Trent Dilfer. Also why is Elis HOF status even being discussed in this thread how is it relevant to Baker and OBJ and the Browns other then to trash Eli lol 

Edited by NyZD