The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

19 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

see you in the vent/rant thread later!!

I'll make sure to bring the snacks!

• Haha 1

Buckle up boys. Odell is going to exceed expectations against a good Bills defense. This is it. 

4/55/0 here we come! Fire him up in your 20 team leagues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, OdellBaconJr said:

can only go up from here 

Name and comment money 

• Thanks 1

He just doesn’t care. Unless he’s having a tantrum.

That personality keeps me from ever drafting or trading for him.

8 hours ago, Proteus said:

agree

QB: Ryan Leaf

RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Rob Ryan

BN: Andre Ware/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson/Todd Gurley

THAT LINE-UP IS STACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBJ for sure cares about his stats and getting the ball, which ultimately helps his team because he is a proven playmaker. If anything, he is highly passionate about the game. The diva moniker is more of a media thing and OBJ has that swagger to him. Many WRs are like that, especially those who are deemed superstars. If you want to judge the players on your fantasy team by character, then say goodbye to Zeke, Tyreek, Hunt and for sure you have avoided drafting Antonio Brown in recent years when he put up monster numbers.

Situation is really bad with Kitchens having no clue and Mayfield taking a step back after a great rookie season. Disappointment in OBJ is real. That said, I fully expect a mid-high WR2 finish to the season. Of course far below expectations, but if you acquired him for cheap or hit on somebody like Kupp, Cooper or Godwin, you can live with that.

You for sure won't bench OBJ for a flex-type WR3 player in a good matchup, only to watch OBJ take it to the house for 70 yards. Actually many FF players will bench him in a tough matchup vs Bills CB White and Bills D in general. Watch him blow up straight in your face!

• Like 4

At wr 24, he almost is a wr3/flex type play. Sure he can blow up bit hasnt looked great so far.

He isnt an a**hole like those other guys who may or may not have committed crimes. He is an a**hole who almost got knocked out by a practice net tho.

24 minutes ago, frog34 said:

If you want to judge the players on your fantasy team by character, then say goodbye to Zeke, Tyreek, Hunt and for sure you have avoided drafting Antonio Brown in recent years when he put up monster numbers.

you left off the biggest coward/punk/two bit pos: Joe Mixon.  guy is pure trash. eff him. 

... and ya left off two of the other biggest sacks of chit, Big Ben and Jameis.   garbage.  

now, as far as OBJ's "diva" moniker being media driven/created ... WOW!  are you serious, Clark?

he earned the moniker ... he wears it on his sleeve.  he's as high maintenance as a ballerina at the Met dancing the lead in Black Swan ... oh, he's D-I-V-A to the Nth, don't kid yerself. 

now, in his defense, no ... his off field transgressions are minimal, if any at all ... nothing like the reeking pieces of trash already mentioned ... i'll give him that. 

guess the most egregious stunt was the party boat hijinks/monkey shines right prior to getting bounced in a playoff game.   meh.  

i will also allow that i, too, see a big finish from him.  trying to acquire where i can - the sched is a useful enuff tool to portend the reach. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, itslarry said:

At wr 24, he almost is a wr3/flex type play. Sure he can blow up bit hasnt looked great so far.

He hasn't looked great, yet he's still a low WR2. He did next to nothing against the Ravens and 49ers, two of the worst fantasy matchups for any WR. He also had his bye week already. Considering his softer schedule, a mid WR2 finish is very likely regardless of the Browns' struggles. However, I like the odds of him catching fire down the stretch. Wouldn't be one bit surprised if he sneaks into low WR1 territory. If not for the whole season than at least starting from now on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Squeeky wheel...gets the grease.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

15 TARGETS 6 CATCHES INCOMING LETS GET IT

You forgot to include a slow developing, telegraphed jet sweep for -8 yards!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

He hasn't looked great, yet he's still a low WR2. He did next to nothing against the Ravens and 49ers, two of the worst fantasy matchups for any WR. He also had his bye week already. Considering his softer schedule, a mid WR2 finish is very likely regardless of the Browns' struggles. However, I like the odds of him catching fire down the stretch. Wouldn't be one bit surprised if he sneaks into low WR1 territory. If not for the whole season than at least starting from now on.

BAL is 20th against WRs in points allowed...

Mayfield said he's going to "Force feed" Bekcham early which means you can fire up the BUF DST with confidence as they'll be good for at least a few picks. 

OBJ doesn't like losing, but he hates being ineffective more. See NYG. He was balling for fantasy for a couple of years, while having very little actual success. He got fed up with poor QB play before he got fed up with losing.

Guy doesn't reallllyyy care about Ws and Ls. He cares about how he does.

37 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

BAL is 20th against WRs in points allowed...

Yep.  And that includes some terrible games before they got Peters and had some injuries.

But Cleveland is playing Buffalo so...

• Like 2

Was it really such a good idea for them to basically announce to everyone that they're going to "force feed" Beckham if they really are?  You know the defense will be keying on him now.

I'm guessing that Beckham will still get passes but that's just a smokescreen to throw Buffalo off and they plan on running the ball mostly giving carries to Nick Chubb and now Kareem Hunt all game.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Yep.  And that includes some terrible games before they got Peters and had some injuries.

Meh Marcus Peters is a Jekyll and Hyde type of corner spectacular interception followed up by allowing a 80 yard touchdown.. Not sure what your point is but he doesn't exactly instill fear... and yes Cleveland is playing Buffalo so I'm kinda lost to where this was going lol..

1 minute ago, CroNY said:

Meh Marcus Peters is a Jekyll and Hyde type of corner spectacular interception followed up by allowing a 80 yard touchdown.. Not sure what your point is but he doesn't exactly instill fear... 

this ^

watch the week 4 highlights of the Bucs/Rams to see it hammered home.