Carlos Correa

Green Bay Packers 2019 Outlook

Looks promising, now if Aaron Rodgers wasn’t 35, that would be even better 

Posted (edited)

He wouldn't pass the ball to Henry at all

No excuses for that.

All in all I thought he started to put it together near the end of the season.

He should really work on not being as predictable with his personnel. At times this year his playcalling was very predictable.

With a field general like Aaron Rodgers he won't even have to do very much on offense in GB. I would have fired Mike Pettine and gone after Vance Joseph as my DC. With AR as his QB he can focus more on game planning and clock management. 

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

So the OC guy from the Titans who led them to 29th in passing and 25th in total yards...another coach Aaron Rodgers is going to look smart. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Leopard said:

So the OC guy from the Titans who led them to 29th in passing and 25th in total yards...another coach Aaron Rodgers is going to look smart. 

He did that with a glass in Marcus Mariflota and a guy that does not belong in the NFL Blaine Gabbert

44 minutes ago, Leopard said:

was not aware that he was bringing the Titans offensive personnel to GB with him

27 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

was not aware that he was bringing the Titans offensive personnel to GB with him

You wish.

Titans 9-7 in a division that had 2 double-digit win teams...Packers not so much.

"Good luck losing with these losers in Green Bay, LaFluer....."

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, psygolf said:

So Aaron will be running the team...

Yep.  

Scrambling. Looking downfield. Extending plays. Making big plays. Running a few in...

...Until he breaks some knees and collarbones.

im not saying he’s made of glass but when set free he makes himself more vulnerable. Like Big Ben without the durable frame 

Not exactly an exciting hire but not the worst hire for a HC

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Not exactly an exciting hire but not the worst hire for a HC

As a Titans fan I was dissapointed he left. One thing if I had to critize him is those screen plays were annoying but he consistently schemed players open.

Edited by cashvillesent

15 hours ago, Leopard said:

Mccarthy had the 30th ranked offense in SF before taking over in GB. I'd say that worked out. Green bay has more talent on the offensive side of the ball than Tennessee does; your "analysis" is lazy

Posted (edited)

Terrible hire in my opinion, just exacerbated by being the first coach to be hired this year.  The Titan offense was a dumpster fire until Vrabel stepped in and demanded they become a running team.  Coincidentally, I think LaFluer is the most undeserving coordinator hire since Mike McCarthy himself.  McCarthy was the OC on a brutally pitiful San Francisco 49'ers offense that ranked 32nd in passing, 25th in Rushing, 32nd in first downs, 32nd in Scoring percentage, and 32nd in average time of possession prior to "earning" the promotion to HC for the Green Bay Packers.

Seemed to work out ok for the Packers the first time, depending who you ask.  Some would say 1 Superbowl appearance in 13 years with prime Favre and Rodgers is not a success, I'd tend to agree with that assessment.

Interesting tidbit, three hours after LaFluer was announced yesterday, someone on Twitter posted "Hey Green Bay Packers, this Dabbo Swinney guy is pretty good" and the post was liked by Aaron Rodgers himself.  Guessing he isn't blown away by this hire either.

Edited by The_Truth_Returns

12 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Terrible hire in my opinion, just exacerbated by being the first coach to be hired this year.  The Titan offense was a dumpster fire until Vrabel stepped in and demanded they become a running team.  Coincidentally, I think LaFluer is the most undeserving coordinator hire since Mike McCarthy himself.  McCarthy was the OC on a brutally pitiful San Francisco 49'ers offense that ranked 32nd in passing, 25th in Rushing, 32nd in first downs, 32nd in Scoring percentage, and 32nd in average time of possession prior to "earning" the promotion to HC for the Green Bay Packers.

Seemed to work out ok for the Packers the first time, depending who you ask.  Some would say 1 Superbowl appearance in 13 years with prime Favre and Rodgers is not a success, I'd tend to agree with that assessment.

Interesting tidbit, three hours after LaFluer was announced yesterday, someone on Twitter posted "Hey Green Bay Packers, this Dabbo Swinney guy is pretty good" and the post was liked by Aaron Rodgers himself.  Guessing he isn't blown away by this hire either.

It appears Rodgers later unliked this tweet, I no longer see it on the Darius Rucker tweet (which I believe it was) from 10 or 11 PM last night.  I have no photo proof that this all occurred, but I follow 3 athletes on Twitter, and Rodgers is one of them.  I know what I saw.

8 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

It appears Rodgers later unliked this tweet, I no longer see it on the Darius Rucker tweet (which I believe it was) from 10 or 11 PM last night.  I have no photo proof that this all occurred, but I follow 3 athletes on Twitter, and Rodgers is one of them.  I know what I saw.

DwXtWg-UYAA8SMH.jpg

• Thanks 1

Some people are just good at finessing their way into jobs. This guy hasn't done anything to warrant him being an OC. 

13 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

DwXtWg-UYAA8SMH.jpg

He wouldn't leave Clemson for an NFL job. He would have to be the 7th highest paid coach in the NFL to make more than he does now. Then you factor in the FAR superior job security in Clemson and guaranteed good teams because of recruiting. It makes absolutely zero sense for him to leave for the NFL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He wouldn't leave Clemson for an NFL job. He would have to be the 7th highest paid coach in the NFL to make more than he does now. Then you factor in the FAR superior job security in Clemson and guaranteed good teams because of recruiting. It makes absolutely zero sense for him to leave for the NFL.

The only way to lose a college coaching job is

1. years of losing

2.  getting caught in direct involvement with recruitment violations

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I guess, but the interesting part is Rodgers liking it AFTER they already announced their new head coach.  Whether Dabo had any interest is irrelevant to the juiciness of that tweet if the media chose to make a thing out of it.

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The only way to lose a college coaching job is

1. years of losing

2.  getting caught in direct involvement with recruitment violations

Even if hypothetically Clemson sucked for the next 5 years (which they wont) and he got fired another college would give him a top 10 contract. However, in college the same powers stay at the top because the star high school prospects go to the same schools. Plus, most of these guys don't have insane egos yet. Being a top 10 college coach is better than any NFL gig will ever be. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Blood Brother said:

He isn't...lol..

Edited by Leopard

9 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Mccarthy had the 30th ranked offense in SF before taking over in GB. I'd say that worked out. Green bay has more talent on the offensive side of the ball than Tennessee does; your "analysis" is lazy

I am not saying those stats will replicate to him being in GB...just noting another coach that is going to look good because of AR...read carefully