O58RikO6_400x400.jpg.655abd8145cd7c58b29193b2c79f8ff9.jpg

2018 Stats

Games: 16

Targets: 138

Receptions: 86

Yards: 1,524

Yards Per Reception: 17.7

Touchdowns: 8

Evans has reinserted himself as a name that belongs near the top of the list in a crowded wideout hierarchy. He's a locked in WR1 with a big time ceiling in 2019.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Potential Bruce Arians hire as HC would be good for him, right?...

I think so?   I imagine there's a new OC if this goes down, but Arians has had so much offensive success that one has to think Evans is bulletproof there.   I feel like Evans took a big step forward to establish as a consistent player this year.   I predicted chaos at QB next year and the end of the Koetter era, and thought that would crush Evans's value, but he persevered despite that.   Now, D-Jax is gone, that only helps.    Evans can be a top TD scorer if things go right, and i know feel confident in his ability to put up catches and yards.  WR1 for me next year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I think so?   I imagine there's a new OC if this goes down, but Arians has had so much offensive success that one has to think Evans is bulletproof there.   I feel like Evans took a big step forward to establish as a consistent player this year.   I predicted chaos at QB next year and the end of the Koetter era, and thought that would crush Evans's value, but he persevered despite that.   Now, D-Jax is gone, that only helps.    Evans can be a top TD scorer if things go right, and i know feel confident in his ability to put up catches and yards.  WR1 for me next year. 

Also Arians should be able to teach Winston a little more about decision-making. He’s not a great downfield thrower, so I think Arians gives Evans a few more higher percentage mid-range targets. They need to use his advantage in size to move the chains

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm likely going to target him in a lot of leagues. I'm guessing his ADP is likely going to settle in the 20-25 range. The guy has 1,000+ yards every single season of his career. Dude is 6 5 and has a damn near 40 inch vertical. 

Really one of the most under appreciated WRs in the NFL. He's not flashy nor is he a diva and so he seems to slide under the radar. The team was an absolute mess and he still produced. If they actually get Arians I would rank him in the top 5.  

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I'm likely going to target him in a lot of leagues. I'm guessing his ADP is likely going to settle in the 20-25 range. The guy has 1,000+ yards every single season of his career. Dude is 6 5 and has a damn near 40 inch vertical. 

Really one of the most under appreciated WRs in the NFL. He's not flashy nor is he a diva and so he seems to slide under the radar. The team was an absolute mess and he still produced. If they actually get Arians I would rank him in the top 5.  

That's a little risky...as the 5th.    Having to count on Jameis being able to execute on his end.   That being said, I sure would be tempted to take him there as well.   As things stand, I'd probably take him after Hopkins, Adams, Thomas, and Julio.   

16 minutes ago, K197040 said:

That's a little risky...as the 5th.    Having to count on Jameis being able to execute on his end.   That being said, I sure would be tempted to take him there as well.   As things stand, I'd probably take him after Hopkins, Adams, Thomas, and Julio.   

You don't have Hill as top 5?!?

Winston also isn't a bad QB for Evans from a fantasy perspective.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You don't have Hill as top 5?!?

Winston also isn't a bad QB for Evans from a fantasy perspective.

Hill is where it would get difficult for me.   That's if I could convince myself that with Arians, Evans will become more consistent.  

Who do you not have in your top 4 that I do?  Julio?

Edited by K197040

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Hill is where it would get difficult for me.   That's if I could convince myself that with Arians, Evans will become more consistent.  

Who do you not have in your top 4 that I do?  Julio?

Yes. I don't play in PPR and the guy basically has no shot at double digit TDs.

• Like 1

I think this also bodes well for Barber if he is still the primary RB in Tampa next season. Arians is great for offensive players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, devaster said:

I think this also bodes well for Barber if he is still the primary RB in Tampa next season. Arians is great for offensive players.

I think they bring in another RB.   Maybe Ingram or Coleman.   Although I don't know what their cap situation is.  

46 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I also struggle to put more than those 4 and maybe Tyreek Hill above him..   I would like to see Fitzmagic back, or someone i dont loathe as the backup, JIC, but i'll play the game no matter what next year, I think.  

I feel he absolutely has the talent and the situation to be a top overall WR.    A little polish on Winston, and some TD luck, and he's top 5.   A little bit of bad luck to some other guys on top of that, and he's even better.     The minutia of the season has to fall his way for him to really peak, but that's true for most players short of the legendary ones.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

I also struggle to put more than those 4 and maybe Tyreek Hill above him..   I would like to see Fitzmagic back, or someone i dont loathe as the backup, JIC, but i'll play the game no matter what next year, I think.  

I feel he absolutely has the talent and the situation to be a top overall WR.    A little polish on Winston, and some TD luck, and he's top 5.   A little bit of bad luck to some other guys on top of that, and he's even better.     The minutia of the season has to fall his way for him to really peak, but that's true for most players short of the legendary ones.  

Well obviously he has it as he was #1 in standard just a few seasons ago and just missed out on top 5 this season. 

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

What a snub to hill.

16 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What a snub to hill.

image.png.251c75fdf4e347bda94038cf6c306d92.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

TB just lost a ton of targets and production with the exodus of Humphries and DJax.  Obviously they will draft or sign some replacements (John Brown reuniting with Arians is a logical fit**).  Still, most of the offseason focus will be on the Godwin break-out (and rightfully so) but what about Evans.  He's sort of flying under the radar behind the other big name WR but he could certainly be in for a career year under Arians in his age 26 season. 

**nevermind, just saw Brown signed with BUF.

Edited by J.T. Marlin

On 1/7/2019 at 9:49 PM, Ffguy0087 said:

O58RikO6_400x400.jpg.655abd8145cd7c58b29193b2c79f8ff9.jpg

2018 Stats

Games: 16

Targets: 138

Receptions: 86

Yards: 1,524

Yards Per Reception: 17.7

Touchdowns: 8

Evans has reinserted himself as a name that belongs near the top of the list in a crowded wideout hierarchy. He's a locked in WR1 with a big time ceiling in 2019.

Evans was already in that group imo.

Is anyone worried about the effect of reviewable interference calls on Evans?   Seems like he frequently pushes off to get that extra space.  Often just before the catch.

3 hours ago, K197040 said:

Is anyone worried about the effect of reviewable interference calls on Evans?   Seems like he frequently pushes off to get that extra space.  Often just before the catch.

Worth speculating I guess, but until its in practice, there isn't much way to tell how often it'll come into play.   

His ADP's starting to rise as well.  Late second rounder for most of May and early June, now he's up to mid to early second.  If he lasts to the turn even in a 12 teamer you've made out like a bandit.   

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 10:39 AM, K197040 said:

interesting , having him on my team last year and watching him closely this sure could be an issue.  That said, in my auction drafts, if i do not get one of hopkins, adams or julio, I am paying up to grab him as my wr 1.  

On 6/25/2019 at 7:39 AM, K197040 said:

No.

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2019 at 9:39 AM, K197040 said:

That rule was created as knee jerk reaction to the Saints game. It was intended to hone in on defenses IMO. 

Majority of New rules seem to be created to create higher scoring. Evans is def guilty of doing what you said, as are many of the best WRs in the game, but I feel unless it's completely egregious these will continue to be ignored in favor of scoring more points. 

• Like 2

If I go RB heavy, I'm hoping he will around after people spend more on the top tier WRs and I can snag him. 

25 minutes ago, bomont said:

If I go RB heavy, I'm hoping he will around after people spend more on the top tier WRs and I can snag him. 

He is in the top tier of WR's (towards the end). I don't think Evan's will slip through and be a value in auction drafts. Much more likely, the Cooks/Amari tier could see some value after most teams have spent big on the first ~30 nominations.