Ffguy0087

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Rotoworld) Jameis Winston said in order to win football games, the Buccaneers have to get Mike Evans the ball.

Analysis: "Bottom line, to win football games, we've got to get Mike Evans the ball," said Winston, who took responsibility for Evans' goose egg against the Saints in Week 5. "We've just got to get him the ball. There's nothing much else to say to it." Evans has largely taken a backseat to Chris Godwin (the NFL's current leader in receiving touchdowns) in recent weeks, though the two-time Pro Bowler showed he can still move mountains with his 190-yard explosion against the Giants in Week 3. Winston's remarks could foreshadow a Week 6 breakout for Evans, who went for 61 yards on four catches when he faced the Panthers earlier this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Rotoworld) Jameis Winston said in order to win football games, the Buccaneers have to get Mike Evans the ball.

Analysis: "Bottom line, to win football games, we've got to get Mike Evans the ball," said Winston, who took responsibility for Evans' goose egg against the Saints in Week 5. "We've just got to get him the ball. There's nothing much else to say to it." Evans has largely taken a backseat to Chris Godwin (the NFL's current leader in receiving touchdowns) in recent weeks, though the two-time Pro Bowler showed he can still move mountains with his 190-yard explosion against the Giants in Week 3. Winston's remarks could foreshadow a Week 6 breakout for Evans, who went for 61 yards on four catches when he faced the Panthers earlier this year.

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mikey is going to ball out today. Safely locked in my lineup as he has been all season. This thread will be so 🔥 after the game. 6/102/2

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gufomel said:

How many of you are benching Evans for his 3.0 point game?

 FTFY.

 

Joking of course 😁. 8 targets for 4/61/0 week 2 against Carolina. Evans hasn't scored a TD against Carolina since 2016, and only has one 100 yard game against them in his career. If you have the WR depth behind him, it's not implausible to sit him. Of course it's a London game, which means anything could happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

 FTFY.

 

Joking of course 😁. 8 targets for 4/61/0 week 2 against Carolina. Evans hasn't scored a TD against Carolina since 2016, and only has one 100 yard game against them in his career. If you have the WR depth behind him, it's not implausible to sit him. Of course it's a London game, which means anything could happen. 

 

I know the stats vs CAR, and my comment was mostly tongue in cheek. But I could just see him putting up another monster game when many people seem to be benching him for WR2’s (or even WR3s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

 FTFY.

 

Joking of course 😁. 8 targets for 4/61/0 week 2 against Carolina. Evans hasn't scored a TD against Carolina since 2016, and only has one 100 yard game against them in his career. If you have the WR depth behind him, it's not implausible to sit him. Of course it's a London game, which means anything could happen. 

It’s not like it is the same team every year. Like if you specified a player that has shut him down individually, fine. But his career vs a team means nothing in itself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It’s not like it is the same team every year. Like if you specified a player that has shut him down individually, fine. But his career vs a team means nothing in itself.

To be specific to the most recent history, Bradberry should be matched up with him today for the most part. Bradberry matched up with him week 2 for his 4/61/0, and also last year for his 4/48/0 and 1/16/0 stinker. The defensive philosophy hasn't changed in Carolina, it should be more the same. But even without that, sometimes certain teams just have someone's number, especially division rivals. It may be that they consistently game plan against them, it may be that the player just gets nervous in certain situations against certain teams, who knows. Tom Brady is 8-10 in his career in Miami, spanning 18 seasons against competently different rosters. An anomaly but a proven statistic. Probably the best example I can think of in regards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is going on with this guy?  He had two TDs gift-wrapped to him and he couldn't deliver!!!!  😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

What is going on with this guy?  He had two TDs gift-wrapped to him and he couldn't deliver!!!!  😫

First half was a bad drop, second one he could have caught but IDK about gift wrapped, Jameis was air mailing left and right under pressure.

Seemed like they got him going on the short stuff early but testing downfield was definitely a game to forget.

From a numerical prospective, I'll take 96 yards and a two pointer all day long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

First half was a bad drop, second one he could have caught but IDK about gift wrapped, Jameis was air mailing left and right under pressure.

Seemed like they got him going on the short stuff early but testing downfield was definitely a game to forget.

From a numerical prospective, I'll take 96 yards and a two pointer all day long.

 

1st potential TD hit him square in the hands.  Would have been a 75 yard bomb but he blew it.  2nd TD he didn't turn his head around fast enough,  He had defender pinned behind him.    

Another long potential completion he stopped running for the ball.  It happened on a couple other plays too.  What is up with this guy?

He BLEW BIG points down the drain today.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

he's a WR2. 

don't expect elite numbers like Julio.

No one is Julio.

Who by the way has been issued almost all of the exact complaints levied in this thread by his owners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

No one is Julio.

Who by the way has been issued almost all of the exact complaints levied in this thread by his owners.

 

Really?  I must venture over there. 

It will help relieve my pain by witnessing the suffering of others in distress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

It looks like he will be WR 9 after this week. I'll take it thanks.

He’s a beast , but yeah I agree man some people are just too funny.  Wish these people played this in my leagues, would be easy money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just temper your expectations, and you'll live with Evan's numbers. He will be up and down, especially with a QB like Winston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Just temper your expectations, and you'll live with Evan's numbers. He will be up and down, especially with a QB like Winston.

Not sure how Winston/Arians will react to the result of the force-feed Evan's experiment.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take the results as well as it was basically a WR1 week for him, but if you watched the game, man this guy was pretty checked out for a lot of routes and didn't turn around when he was given great opportunity. Seems like his focus is an issue, and body language. Maybe not taking well to Godwin dominating in the slot and getting Jameis' trust. Part of me also thinks Evan hates playing with Winston...who could blame him.

I may be trying to move him during the bye to a box score chaser, but still, decent enough schedule 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still had a fairly productive day but he could have had a monster day. Obviously the long bomb he dropped and the other TD pass aimed his way that Bradbury picked. He also had another 20 yard catch ruled out by a penalty for a hold at the line of scrimmage. On another day he could easily have finished with 12-210-2.

 

Winston is spraying the ball all over the place but the Buccs are throwing so much that both Evans and Godwin will continue putting up numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our league has a 3 point bonus on 100 yards.  Of course 96.  OF COURSE.  He had the entire 4th quarter to get it too, but every damn throw goes to Godwin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 12:36 PM, rocket said:

.  I haven't seen the numbers, but I'm pretty sure he isn't getting the same target volume he did last year.  That's a big reason for his lack of production.  3 targets last week -- who's going to produce on that?  Evans should bounce back because he's the squeaky wheel, even if they have to throw it to him 15 times.  

This prediction aged pretty well, he got 17 targets, but it felt it was to the detriment of the team, because Bradberry came up with interceptions when locked up on Evans.  I hate to say it but feeding the ball to Godwin looks better for Winston and the team.

Edited by rocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'll take the results as well as it was basically a WR1 week for him, but if you watched the game, man this guy was pretty checked out for a lot of routes and didn't turn around when he was given great opportunity. Seems like his focus is an issue, and body language. Maybe not taking well to Godwin dominating in the slot and getting Jameis' trust. Part of me also thinks Evan hates playing with Winston...who could blame him.

I may be trying to move him during the bye to a box score chaser, but still, decent enough schedule 

I agree with the narrative here lol. There's a  subjective element to this of course, but you can see it in his body language. 

One thing I did find interesting though, was almost everytime he was subbed off he would be asking not to come off to the sideline, gesturing "one more snap" basically. 

To me this suggests he knows he's in a slump, and expects more of himself, and is hungry to prove it. I think the effort is there, he's not checked out, but sometimes when you're too hungry you get desperate, and get sloppy on your technique. 

He made a really nice play on that 2 point conversion, which was actually initially targeting Godwin, but it bounced around and he dove to make the catch. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.