Ffguy0087

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

34 minutes ago, swiften said:

Any reason to be worried?

Not yet for me. Ill week 1 and then facing a matchup he normally struggles in week 2 leaves me feeling that better days are ahead. I feel that against New York he reminds what he actually is. 

• Like 1

The way the giants been playing defense last two weeks Evans should go 9 catches for 114 yards and 2 TDs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Skip23 said:

I think as Godwin gets more attention, Evans will get even more opportunities.  Evans almost had a TD last game also.  They have a great matchup with the Giants this week.

I just don't see that, no DC in their right mind is going to double Godwin instead of Mike Evans. Putting fantasy aside for a minute, irl Mike Evans is the taller and better talent than Godwin. With that being said, there are some huge days ahead for Mike. With his week 1 sickness and Jameis playing a bit loopy in Bruce Arians new offensive scheme , some leeway is due. 

• Like 2

It's time big Mike to remind us of who you are......it's time to represent.  

We really need him this week to break out of this slow funk he's been in.   

• Like 1

Also just got him in a trade straight up for Gurley. My apologies he's going to suck now. But really - dude has way too much talent + he had illness issues early as documented in this thread + Arians offense. I don't think he's really going to play 2nd fiddle to Godwin all year. Each will have their games but ultimately this guy has a lot of TDs to score rest of the season. 

Also bought low on Evans.

He's been a stud WR for the past few years, is still young and is still with his same QB.  And he's on a team with NO running game.  I think he's bound to get it going eventually.

Would be nice if it would start this week but I'm riding this train until the end.  He's the kind of guy that could throw up 200 yards and 3 TD's in a game any week.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't get what the problem is.. He's only 26, the guy is on pace for like 700 yards lol 

Just hope he gets going, he has been pretty solid... Cept minus the 2 seasons I've drafted him so far counting this one 

33 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Also just got him in a trade straight up for Gurley. My apologies he's going to suck now. But really - dude has way too much talent + he had illness issues early as documented in this thread + Arians offense. I don't think he's really going to play 2nd fiddle to Godwin all year. Each will have their games but ultimately this guy has a lot of TDs to score rest of the season. 

I'm literally thinking of doing the same thing as a Gurley owner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

I don't get what the problem is.. He's only 26, the guy is on pace for like 700 yards lol 

Just hope he gets going, he has been pretty solid... Cept minus the 2 seasons I've drafted him so far counting this one 

I feel really confident in him still. I believe he'll still be a WR1 end of season. I'll begin to panic if it's another dud against Giants but right now I expect a good points total 

1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

There is no problem.  Fire him up this week FTW.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 12:46 AM, HurryupO said:

While a TD would’ve been great the draft value is killing most of us . It clearly looks like Godwin is the guy to own in this offense .  I drafted Evans for WR1 value in the second round and he’s killing me and the future doesn’t look bright. 

Im now going to have to play matchups with my bench players for a second round pick . If I can’t trade him . Hopefully I’m wrong . 

Damn Mr Evans my fault for even doubting . I appreciate all who said chillout ! 

Unbelievable game 

On 9/17/2019 at 5:59 PM, LacesOut said:

Not yet for me. Ill week 1 and then facing a matchup he normally struggles in week 2 leaves me feeling that better days are ahead. I feel that against New York he reminds what he actually is. 

Laces Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, NinerLifer said:

Week winning performance today, man that was nice!  What a beast.

I wish man.  Second highest scoring team this week and I lost.  

Silver lining is that hopefully this a preview of things to come (Evans that is; not brutal losses). 

I can’t imagine many teams leaving Evans in single coverage like that.  Credit to Arians and Winston for just keeping it simple and hit that weak spot.  Should have a W for the effort.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I can’t imagine many teams leaving Evans in single coverage like that.  Credit to Arians and Winston for just keeping it simple and hit that weak spot.  Should have a W for the effort.

For whatever reason they went completely away from Evans and OJ in the 2nd half and went conservative with more runs and some Godwin. I understand trying to protect the lead but they continued to do this even when they were only up 3. Ultimately it was a huge factor in why they lost the game. Evans and OJ were decimating their matchups and i think they combined for 1 catch in the 2nd half. Some of the worst playcalling I've ever seen if their goal was actually to win the football game

Edited by cbsholy

10 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

For whatever reason they went completely away from Evans and OJ in the 2nd half and went conservative with more runs and some Godwin. I understand trying to protect the lead but they continued to do this even when they were only up 3. Ultimately it was a huge factor in why they lost the game. Evans and OJ were decimating their matchups and i think they combined for 1 catch in the 2nd half. Some of the worst playcalling I've ever seen if their goal was actually to win the football game

Oh.  Well on Redzone, it looked different.  

Fun stat:

”Janoris Jenkins' final numbers allowed when he was the nearest defender to the targeted receiver today: 8 completions on 13 targets for 191 yards and two touchdowns”

he wont get gift coverage like this every week but he’s a locked and loaded high wr1 ROS and always was. Just good to have him finally show it

Now lets hope evans sucks the next couple weeks so i can get him on the cheap again and blame the giants pathetic defense for the reason he did well lol. What an awesome game from Evans. I knew he was gonna break 25 points against the Giants.