Ffguy0087

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

11 hours ago, swiften said:

Evans unguardable!

I mean when the guy covering you has 7 inch difference in height. You best believe the QB and Coach will exploit that. I kind of wish they faced the Giants every week lol. I can sure get used to this.

2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Sell high.

Evans for ODB.

Do it.

You'd be just paying for a name at this point.

15 hours ago, NinerLifer said:

Week winning performance today, man that was nice!  What a beast.

You didn't go up against a team with Mahomes, McCaffrey, Ingram, and Kennan Allen obviously lol...but yes, agree that he had a monster performance that should have won many owners their week.

See guys. R-E-L-A-X

Evans is a BEAST. Now lets make it a bit more consistent week to week. But I think things are going back to normal now for Evans in this offense.

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Sell high.

Evans for ODB.

Do it.

Why? Evans is better. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gufomel said:

How does Evans match up against the Rams secondary? Any shadow coverage?

He’ll probably have Talib on him who is as physical as they come for a corner his size. Still not too worried though since the Rams safeties are vertically challenged. Godwin has the best matchup for TB against the Rams though tbh. They get shredded by slot receivers... see: the Super Bowl.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 10:14 AM, Pooskay said:

Sell high.

Evans for ODB.

Do it.

I offered my odb for Evans and Fuller. Taking a chance Fuller is a buy low. 

1 minute ago, Mrmann1 said:

I offered my odb for Evans and Fuller. Taking a chance Fuller is a buy low. 

Fuller is TD dependent. Most TDS are gonna go to Hopkins or stills 

16 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

He has to stay in our lineups now right?  Rams is not a good match-up but can't overthink it right?...

Are you gonna bench a top 10 WR currently who you drafted in the second round

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

lol yea i mean, who would yall be starting in place of evans?  not really the most optimal matchup but he will probably still get the targets.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

He has to stay in our lineups now right?  Rams is not a good match-up but can't overthink it right?...

Never bench your studs. I don't know why people even ask. Damn the matchups. People think absolutely too hard about it. Evans should never be benched when healthy.

• Like 1

I'm just saying it worked out for me just 2 weeks ago when he posted an 8.. wasn't terrible but I got more production elsewhere.  My alternative is Kupp.

31 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

I'm just saying it worked out for me just 2 weeks ago when he posted an 8.. wasn't terrible but I got more production elsewhere.  My alternative is Kupp.

It happens, yes. I'm sure there were plenty people that benched him last week too. If I am going down I'm going down with my studs in the lineup. Focus on hitting on those other players around them. Week 1 I could see though, and even Week 2 since he was questionable with the flu. But if it is just a matchup concern, then no, I don't agree with sitting your stud player.

You drafted Evans in the second round because he’s one of only 10 WRs in the league with the ability to win any matchup. He can lose tough matchups. It happened two weeks ago. But he can also win them, which is why you have to start him every week. You can’t sit a guy with a ceiling of 200 yards and 3 TDs, even if he’s unlikely to hit that ceiling again any time soon.

Goodwin not seen at practice today.  This could be another week where he gets a good chunk of targets. 

Edited by Big Nate

2 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Goodwin not seen at practice today.  This could be another week where he gets a good chunk of targets. 

Crossing fingers and holding my nose on this one!

I'm benching but I have 4 WR 1's on my team so I can play matchups. I think Jameis will have a rough time against the Rams pass rush. I would think most people would have to start him though.

Edited by WVFalcon

6 hours ago, HeHateMe23 said:

I mean if your alternative to Evans is Kupp, then yea I’d start Kupp. Most people don’t have that luxury.

”Start your studs” means don’t bench your WR1 because he has a bad matchup in favor of your WR3 who has a good matchup.

In this case, both of your options are studs so probably wise to go with the one that has a better matchup. 

Just now, gufomel said:

I mean if your alternative to Evans is Kupp, then yea I’d start Kupp. Most people don’t have that luxury.

”Start your studs” means don’t bench your WR1 because he has a bad matchup in favor of your WR3 who has a good matchup.

In this case, both of your options are studs so probably wise to go with the one that has a better matchup. 

why would u start kupp over evans? interesting.....

Just now, championship or bust said:

why would u start kupp over evans? interesting.....

Can’t go wrong with Kupp. Goff’s fav target the last 3 years