Boudewijn

Jordan Howard 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Cap hit is a tick above two mil this year, per spotrac.  Higher than i guess i would've thought for a late round rookie contract.   I'll have to see why that is- maybe he hit escalators or something?

He hit the NFL Proven Performance Escalator:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Jordan-Howard-salary-increase-2019-128527714/Amp/

• Like 1

Nagy never used him well the entire season. I remember a few games, especially the 1st Packer game, where he kept passing with Trubiski when running the ball with Howard would have iced the game. 

On 3/9/2019 at 5:40 PM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

You know where your home is Howard, the fins trade for you and trade for #1, we take Murray, and howard

Wouldn't you rather have a rb like Cohen for Murray?

Hoping this guy doesn't end up in Miami. Big fan of Howard but he doesn't fit Nagy's system. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Indy. 

36 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Hoping this guy doesn't end up in Miami. Big fan of Howard but he doesn't fit Nagy's system. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Indy. 

Mack is better than Howard IMO. Even if you disagree, it's close. Wouldn't see the point of Indy signing him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Mack is better than Howard IMO. Even if you disagree, it's close. Wouldn't see the point of Indy signing him.

Agreed. Would just like to see him go to a "average" team. Dolphins suck a** and think his talent would be wasted. 

I would say philly but not after what they did to the bears in the postseason 

For a 6th rd pick...he must’ve been pushing them to make a move, for that low return the bears should’ve just kept him in the stable.

Eagles never have a lead RB.. their SB year they were top 5 in team rushing and it was a collective of backs. I wouldn't be surprised if they draft another.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:56 PM, bhawks489 said:

I would say philly but not after what they did to the bears in the postseason 

Stick with your guns you fool!

42 minutes ago, psygolf said:

For a 6th rd pick...he must’ve been pushing them to make a move, for that low return the bears should’ve just kept him in the stable.

Yeah that was a waste. Now bears draft a RB?

42 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Yeah, seems oddly low.

42 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Eagles never have a lead RB.. their SB year they were top 5 in team rushing and it was a collective of backs. I wouldn't be surprised if they draft another.

yeah, they always have a rb committee but they always have that one back who produces good numbers for fantasy (westbrook, mccoy, staley, even blount)

51 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Yeah that was a waste. Now bears draft a RB?

They were going to draft one regardless.

Bears trading for Hunt?!?!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, devaster said:

Bears trading for Hunt?!?!

youre not supposed to know that

• Haha 1

Pretty outstanding landing spot for Howard imo.  A team that actually wants to run and a coach who knows how to make it happen.  So glad he is off the Bears and away from that coach.

• Like 1

The Bears will probably draft or trade for another rb but I was hoping to see Mike Davis get his shot at being at least the co-starter with Tarik Cohen.  I think that Davis is very underrated and he showed well in spurts last year with the Seahawks.

11 hours ago, Gmen07 said:

Traded to the Eagles. Not a bad spot for him.

It’s a fail move by the bear, unless they had actually received an offer they couldn’t refuse for him.

*Hey, let’s make the team that beat us in the playoffs better at no cost to them”

The Executive of the Year is obviously on spring break with the kids this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1